UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Talk about the Polish national team
dominikm86
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:58 pm

UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by dominikm86 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:22 am

Image

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifier ... ml?iv=true

Top 2 make it.

I think Poland will.

What do you guys think?

User avatar
Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:51 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by Party Polak » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:53 pm

With this kind of group, we better!

User avatar
Pulaski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Warszawa

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by Pulaski » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:53 am

Wow. Look at this group. If Nawalka was our coach i would say we are going to win it. Since we have Wujek Jerzy coaching the team, I hope we qualify. I've lowered my standards dramatically. :oops:

User avatar
Borubar
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 am
Location: BC, Canada

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by Borubar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:02 pm

We SHOULD be winning this group with relative ease looking at our competition. However we can also choke and teams like Austria, Slovenia and Israel have the potential to take points away from us. First game away to Austria will be vital :geek:

Artur
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 12:56 pm
Location: mississauga

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by Artur » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:29 pm

If we can't win this group we should just stop playing soccer and worry about volleyball and ski jumping

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7257
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:17 pm

We are not a good soccer nation to begin with so we shouldn't be expecting to win.
Image

MG
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by MG » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:16 pm

It doesn't matter who is the coach in this group there is no excuse not to come at worst 2nd ... if Wujek Jerzy won't be able to do that with this team then it will just show that he's a totally garbage coach.

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7257
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:09 pm

AND GARBAGE PLAYERS
Image

PL4ever
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:19 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by PL4ever » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:53 pm

1st place in this group a Must! :poland:

last place in this group a possibility & would not surprise me :roll: especially if they come into these qualifiers with the attitude of the World Cup!

*** Form and Health will play an important roll throughout the qualifiers, No reason Y we should NOT b the highest scoring team in this group. :wave:
Lust, Envy, Hate, Jealousy - THE 4 DEVILS!!!!

User avatar
JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Brantford - Now in the absolute middle of nowhere - please parachute food and medicine

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by JDE » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:35 am

Easy group :naughty:

Image
As an individual, in club career, he is up there. His legacy for Poland is dismal. I'd even say Ebi. Smolarek was a better striker for Poland - Marty on Lewandowski

You've nevee bought a Thai kit u don't know the quality - Prancer on fashion

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7257
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by polskaforever » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:26 am

Half our points came from San Marino. We are so good at soccer.

I dont expect us to win the group because our chemistry is bad and we have a new coach.
Image

User avatar
JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Brantford - Now in the absolute middle of nowhere - please parachute food and medicine

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by JDE » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:26 am

Image
As an individual, in club career, he is up there. His legacy for Poland is dismal. I'd even say Ebi. Smolarek was a better striker for Poland - Marty on Lewandowski

You've nevee bought a Thai kit u don't know the quality - Prancer on fashion

6zer
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:00 am

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by 6zer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Can anyone suggest a place in NYC that will televise the EQ match against Austria?

madmartigan
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by madmartigan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm

6zer wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 pm
Can anyone suggest a place in NYC that will televise the EQ match against Austria?
Any pub in Greenpoint Brooklyn will show it. In midtown, Carraghers is usually a good spot. There are a few polaks who tend to show up there whenever Poland is playing, but nothing crazy. Belgium and Russia are playing at the same time I believe but it's a decently sized pub. Any Manhattan bar I'm sure will show it.

User avatar
JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Brantford - Now in the absolute middle of nowhere - please parachute food and medicine

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by JDE » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Austria gonna be a stiff challenge right out of the gate

Image
As an individual, in club career, he is up there. His legacy for Poland is dismal. I'd even say Ebi. Smolarek was a better striker for Poland - Marty on Lewandowski

You've nevee bought a Thai kit u don't know the quality - Prancer on fashion

User avatar
Swosz
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 2:43 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by Swosz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:22 pm

What I hope the starting line up will be against Austria:

Milik Lewandowski

Grosicki Zielinski Krychowiak Kadzior

Bereszynski Glik Bednardek Kedziora

Szczesny

Substitutions I'd like to see:
Sub Piatek at half if Milik is missing sitters or the 60th minute the latest
Sub Linetty in for a winger and push Zielinski out wide to defend a lead
Sub Frankowski for a winger if we need some fresh legs

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7257
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by polskaforever » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Only 4 EK players called up. This isnt going to work.
Image

User avatar
Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1714
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:51 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by Party Polak » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:23 pm

polskaforever wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 pm
Only 4 EK players called up. This isnt going to work.
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
dwa.zero
Posts: 658
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:47 am
Location: killa queens, NY

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by dwa.zero » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 pm

madmartigan wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm
6zer wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 pm
Can anyone suggest a place in NYC that will televise the EQ match against Austria?
Any pub in Greenpoint Brooklyn will show it. In midtown, Carraghers is usually a good spot. There are a few polaks who tend to show up there whenever Poland is playing, but nothing crazy. Belgium and Russia are playing at the same time I believe but it's a decently sized pub. Any Manhattan bar I'm sure will show it.
In Greenpoint, check out these two places:

https://www.berryparkbk.com - Warehouse turned soccer bar (they also have a roof deck), they put down the blinds and project the games on large screens on the wall - Polish fans always show, I watch as many qualifying/tourney games as possible here

https://www.kegandlanternbrooklyn.com - Traditional pub, games shown on large tv screens, heavy Polish crowd

Given that the game is on a Thurs. the crowd may not be so big, but Sunday should be real good 8-)


EDIT: Just checked out of curiosity, my two go-to soccer bars in Manhattan, Smithfield Hall & Legends NYC will not be showing the game. I'd caution you against counting on random places showing the game - you'll end up like me walking into a pub expecting to see Poland v Cameron for the World Cup, and instead have the place airing an ESPN sports-talk show w/ Shannon Sharpe discussing the NFL pre-season :?

madmartigan
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Re: UEFA EURO 2020 qualifying

Post by madmartigan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:39 pm

dwa.zero wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 pm
madmartigan wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm
6zer wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 pm
Can anyone suggest a place in NYC that will televise the EQ match against Austria?
Any pub in Greenpoint Brooklyn will show it. In midtown, Carraghers is usually a good spot. There are a few polaks who tend to show up there whenever Poland is playing, but nothing crazy. Belgium and Russia are playing at the same time I believe but it's a decently sized pub. Any Manhattan bar I'm sure will show it.
In Greenpoint, check out these two places:

https://www.berryparkbk.com - Warehouse turned soccer bar (they also have a roof deck), they put down the blinds and project the games on large screens on the wall - Polish fans always show, I watch as many qualifying/tourney games as possible here

https://www.kegandlanternbrooklyn.com - Traditional pub, games shown on large tv screens, heavy Polish crowd

Given that the game is on a Thurs. the crowd may not be so big, but Sunday should be real good 8-)


EDIT: Just checked out of curiosity, my two go-to soccer bars in Manhattan, Smithfield Hall & Legends NYC will not be showing the game. I'd caution you against counting on random places showing the game - you'll end up like me walking into a pub expecting to see Poland v Cameron for the World Cup, and instead have the place airing an ESPN sports-talk show w/ Shannon Sharpe discussing the NFL pre-season :?
Yeah berry park is always a good spot. Went there for the Poland-Senegal game and the atmosphere was great... not the game itself of course.
Spritzenhaus is right around the corner which doesn't show games but has good food and beers if your looking for a stop after the game.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests