World Cup 2018 - Tickets

Talk about the Polish national team
NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

World Cup 2018 - Tickets

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:32 am

So, is anyone planning to go this year? I've applied for 4 tickets through the FIFA site, all of Poland's group matches and 1 game in round 2 (winner of our group vs second from the other group)
I just noticed today that FIFA have taken money from my credit card. It looks like I'll be getting a ticket to at least 1 of the group stage games. Not sure if that's all as they did send an email out saying they will be attempting to take money from the 20th but didn't say if it will be a single transaction or separate transactions in case you get more than a single ticket. I have't received any confirmation yet and on the FIFA site all games I applied for still say pending.

Anyone else planning to go or trying to get tickets?

polskaforever

Re: World Cup 2018 - Tickets

Post by polskaforever » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:30 am

When you get an email confirmation with a tracking # thats when you know for sure you are getting tickets.

I dont remember when UEFA charged my credit card for EURO 2012 tickets. I didnt even bother to check. I didnt even win the lottery at the beginning. Later on I get an email telling me that I was on a reserve list which I didnt even know and that tickets were getting mailed to me with a tracking number. UEFA told me I got 2 tickets for Pol vs Rus but when the tickets arrived in the mail they also gave me Pol vs Czech Rep which they didnt even mention so it was a big surprise :!:

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:10 pm

NoReSpEcT wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:32 am
Anyone else planning to go or trying to get tickets?
I was planning to (a few other posters as well) but I will be unable to. Now I'm just hoping to get on Polish soil for a few of the matches. Maybe it has just been a busy Winter and/or no Polish NT matches occurring but chatter about attending has really slowed down. My friends/family in Poland either can't afford such a vacation and/or are not interested in taking a (risky) trip to Russia. So that leaves Polish diaspora. I do not personally know any male Polish fans in the UK so can't speak on them. North American polaks seem to be the most interested in attending but an overseas trip is a large commitment. I think USA not qualifying for the tournament has taken some sails out of World Cup excitement here in the USA. German-Americans I watch Bayern matches with are no longer attending because of this reason.

I think excitement will increase and with it interest in attending. But I have been surprised how World Cup chatter took a dip in the Winter and has only recently picked up.

KoroniarzPL

Post by KoroniarzPL » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:25 pm

The site should meet in Toronto for one of the group stage matches

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 am

Well I managed to get a ticket to the Japan game. Flights and accommodation booked. If anyone is in Stalingrad during that time let us know.

I'll be watching the other Poland games in Warsaw.

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Stoner's Creek - Just beyond and above Hamilton's debauchery

Post by JDE » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:33 pm

Enjoy mate, I hear Volgograd is quite beautiful in June. Take many pictures and try not to get any vital organs punctured

As an individual, in club career, he is up there. His legacy for Poland is dismal. I'd even say Ebi. Smolarek was a better striker for Poland - Marty on Lewandowski

You've nevee bought a Thai kit u don't know the quality - Prancer on fashion

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:37 am

NoReSpEcT wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 am

I still have some negoiating to do but I think I will as well. Warsaw meet up will go down.

Last time I visited our capital, the old stadium was up and there was a swap meet happening :lol: My father & I shopped

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:36 am

Wow, I haven't been here in years!!

I want to share, I have tickets for Poland vs Columbia in Kazan and Poland vs Japan and a conditional ticket (they charged me, but I'm not sure do they send it to you with your fan ID?)

Please anyone if you're there, let me know if you got accomodation, we can get in touch and have a drink. I'm going to be booking a ticket back to Moskva the next day to either go to Rostov or watch the game at the spartak stadium.

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:37 am

NoReSpEcT wrote:
Well I managed to get a ticket to the Japan game. Flights and accommodation booked. If anyone is in Stalingrad during that time let us know.

Holy shit dude congrats! I have been looking for accommodation and it's been a total pain in the ass and the only place I found is an hour away by bus. If you want to meet up for a drink, let's exchange contacts if you're keen! :D

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:34 pm

:shock:

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm

polskaforever wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Hey, it's been awhile! :D

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Polish-Philosopher wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm
polskaforever wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Hey, it's been awhile! :D
:D

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 am

Geez you guys didn't seem to face any problems acquiring tickets. Low turn out? Congrats regardless. Brutal on the 1 hour bus ride to the venue. When I was hoping to attend, I definitely envisioned doing tourist stuff inbetween games but this sounds like watch match and then hide status.

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:06 am

lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 am
Geez you guys didn't seem to face any problems acquiring tickets. Low turn out? Congrats regardless. Brutal on the 1 hour bus ride to the venue. When I was hoping to attend, I definitely envisioned doing tourist stuff inbetween games but this sounds like watch match and then hide status.
It's hard to say you face problems with something that is inherently a lottery. I applied as a team supporter which meant, at minimum all I needed was my Polish passport and it's information. I applied literally the day the 2nd phase opened up, and I think both by first come first serve, national team support tickets and chance I got it.

Also, the small cities are horrible, Kazan and Volgograd is price gauging like a bitch on all their properties charging people 500-2000+ a night!! Check it out yourself, go on any hostel, hotel, airbnb place. Amazingly, Moscow has some of the cheapest and more affordable hostels available now, which I bet will be terrible. BUT the good thing is, the free trains that you can reserve that travel between cities sometimes overnight can be done through your ticket both before the match and AFTER. Which is really/super helpful and will save hundreds of dollars on flights. Yep, unfortunately for me, looks like it's land in the damn country, go to train station, hope on a train, sleep, arrive the next day at the city, go to your hostel, travel around a bit for the day, next day match, stay one night hope on another train to Volgograd (24hr ride), go the hostel rest a bit, look around a bit, then go for the match. Go back to bed, wake up catch the next train back to Moscow for 3 days and hopefully have Poland make it to the next round and hope to not have to go to Rostov (too fkin far). Will be pretty damn hectic.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:08 am

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:37 am
NoReSpEcT wrote:

Holy shit dude congrats! I have been looking for accommodation and it's been a total pain in the ass and the only place I found is an hour away by bus. If you want to meet up for a drink, let's exchange contacts if you're keen! :D
Yes I know accommodation was a pain for me too because I refused to book anything until I was certain which tickets I would get, if any. Maybe that was a mistake. I know that many people from Poland booked flights and accommodation well in advance without having game tickets. People seem to be under the impression they can just get tickets once there and maybe they are right. I found a place on airbnb not too far from the stadium from what I can tell but it was still a bit of a rip off. Think it was about $300aud per night.

I'll definitely be down for a beer or ten, I'm traveling there alone anyway.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:45 am

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:06 am
lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 am
It's hard to say you face problems with something that is inherently a lottery. I applied as a team supporter which meant, at minimum all I needed was my Polish passport and it's information. I applied literally the day the 2nd phase opened up, and I think both by first come first serve, national team support tickets and chance I got it.

Also, the small cities are horrible, Kazan and Volgograd is price gauging like a bitch on all their properties charging people 500-2000+ a night!! Check it out yourself, go on any hostel, hotel, airbnb place. Amazingly, Moscow has some of the cheapest and more affordable hostels available now, which I bet will be terrible. BUT the good thing is, the free trains that you can reserve that travel between cities sometimes overnight can be done through your ticket both before the match and AFTER. Which is really/super helpful and will save hundreds of dollars on flights. Yep, unfortunately for me, looks like it's land in the damn country, go to train station, hope on a train, sleep, arrive the next day at the city, go to your hostel, travel around a bit for the day, next day match, stay one night hope on another train to Volgograd (24hr ride), go the hostel rest a bit, look around a bit, then go for the match. Go back to bed, wake up catch the next train back to Moscow for 3 days and hopefully have Poland make it to the next round and hope to not have to go to Rostov (too fkin far). Will be pretty damn hectic.
Good lord that is expensive. Ya, looks like my dream of attending wasn't very likely even if I had saved up more here and there.

So you are just planning to stick around Russia til Polska is eliminated? Once in a lifetime experience. First time in Russia too?

I just realized Polska's team base is in Sochi. Interesting.

Too time consuming to look up this info on my phone right now but did you check which Non-Group nations will be sharing your venue/city around the same time or is that just some major cities? All 3 Polish matches will be in the relative West though I remember. I was wondering if people are planning to fly back and forth to Poland/Russia if we make the Knockout Stage but I guess that's just for the extra wealthy

Super jealous!

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Hey Guys, Update here,

I have a total of 6 tickets for the world cup. I bought a pair each for myself and my wife. But due to circumstances, she is unable to go. It's a bit tricky because every ticket must be registered to your passport and name. I cannot simple transfer the tickets and get money from it, as much as I would like to. So after April 18th, ticket resale and transfers are open. If you really are interested in still going to the world cup, and did not manage to get all the tickets you wanted, please PM me. What at least can be tried is we both go online at the same time and increase the chance you can buy back the ticket. Is it a guarantee? Nope, but I really do not think it is hurting your chances. My advice is, if you have a polish passport, register so you can be national team supporter.

Three tickets I'll be selling back to FIFA, Poland vs Japan, Columbia and round of 16 Conditional. I think if it is timed well, there is a possibility that the slots will open and may be able to purchase the tickets.

Cheers.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:56 am

^ Bummer chłopak. I know it is easy to sell on the spot but not sure before hand. From my understanding they just want people to attend but that might be more so in the Knockout Stage matches.

Best of luck. I will be in Poland. And wanna meet up with PolishSoccer brothers. Warsaw

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:32 pm

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri May 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Anyone else watching matches in Krakow?

I got an AirBnB near "Stare Miasto". Let me know if you are watching in the area or plan to come thru.