Please ban Bart

Announcements, help, questions, suggestions, comments etc.
moz
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by moz » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:06 am

is bart going to get unbanned... maybe he should get a second chance.. i think he has served his time. " let him play" :?:

i know countries pardon a few people yearly out of good faith.. maybe we should adopt this policy??

3aqel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by 3aqel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:05 pm

How would we know they're showing good behaviour without watching them?

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:02 am

tomasz wrote:is bart going to get unbanned... maybe he should get a second chance.. i think he has served his time. " let him play" :?:

i know countries pardon a few people yearly out of good faith.. maybe we should adopt this policy??
fuck that. What is the point of banning someone if we keep un-banning them for supposed good behaviour?? :roll: The posters who are the backbone of this forum and who make this the best Polish soccer forum are smart enough and will never be in danger of getting banned (unless they go schizo on us :lol: )... we have to set some sort of a precedent in terms of what is accetpable and what is not.

and quite frankly, you're the last person that should be bringing this up :oops:

Atakski
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Atakski » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:17 pm

legia_piotr wrote:
tomasz wrote:is bart going to get unbanned... maybe he should get a second chance.. i think he has served his time. " let him play" :?:

fuck that. What is the point of banning someone if we keep un-banning them for supposed good behaviour?? :roll: The posters who are the backbone of this forum and who make this the best Polish soccer forum are smart enough and will never be in danger of getting banned (unless they go schizo on us :lol: )... we have to set some sort of a precedent in terms of what is accetpable and what is not.

and quite frankly, you're the last person that should be bringing this up :oops:
But let's be honest Piotr, the moderating doesn't seem to applied fairly at times. I mean, there are several members who were banned and have had no chance to rejoin while other members who are banned on a regular basis seem to re-appear constantly and the mods let it fly.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:59 pm

I know that and I agree. However, as long as I am a mod on this site (and considered a senior mod at that), I solemnly swear to not let that happen from this point on. :twisted: :wink:

In the end, I want to make this forum even better than it is...

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:08 pm

WTF happened to Mistrzu's post???

Atakski
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Atakski » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:31 pm

Thanks Piotr. I'm sure that'll be much appreciated by the forum. :wink:

kks - what did Mistrzu's post say?

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:52 pm

So I am not the only one seeing vanishing posts. :?

antiant
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by antiant » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:02 pm

legia_piotr wrote: In the end, I want to make this forum even better than it is...
good luck with that one, you'll need it.

but um...i'm curious, what kind of things do you want to see to make this forum better? Remember that one thread you made awhile back of adding "new categories" and we had a vote, whatever happen to that idea? I thought that was cool, expand it beyond football...supringsly the vote i believe was 50/50

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:50 pm

Atakski wrote:Thanks Piotr. I'm sure that'll be much appreciated by the forum. :wink:

Somthing like "might as well unban mozza too, but what's the point since he's already back on" or something like that.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:23 pm

antiant wrote:
legia_piotr wrote: In the end, I want to make this forum even better than it is...
good luck with that one, you'll need it.

but um...i'm curious, what kind of things do you want to see to make this forum better? Remember that one thread you made awhile back of adding "new categories" and we had a vote, whatever happen to that idea? I thought that was cool, expand it beyond football...supringsly the vote i believe was 50/50
http://www.polishsoccer.com/forum/viewt ... 13&start=0

Well, eventhough maybe I was a bit too enthusiastic, I thought some of the ideas I put forward were ok. But the vote was only 20-19 in favour of yes, so we just let it be.

In terms of concrete things I think we could improve on, I definitely think we should structure the frontpage a bit better so as not to have so many dead links. Less is more, I think, especially considering it doesn't seem like many of us have enough time to devote to making the frontpage amazingly comprehensive.

I also think we could update the articles on the frontpage on a more regular basis. Also, I think if we could somehow make people boomark the frontpage instead of just the forums, it would help a lot!! Maybe what Pluspol suggested in one of the other threads re: somehow combining the forums with the frontpage itself would work?? I don't know.

Look at naszakadra.info for example. It's a simple idea, but it seems to be quite a popular page right now (at least from my pt of view). Unless there is some other unknown site out there, I believe this is already the #1 english-based Polish soccer forum/page out there... well, it's only a forum at this stage, let's be honest. Maybe I have delusions of grandeur :) but I see no reason why we can't have exclusive interviews with NT players on the mainpage one day? :!: :o Who knows?? :D

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:24 pm

kks.1922 wrote:
Atakski wrote:Thanks Piotr. I'm sure that'll be much appreciated by the forum. :wink:

Somthing like "might as well unban mozza too, but what's the point since he's already back on" or something like that.
Ok, well, truth be told - he is back on.

This is the last of the un-banneds to be allowed back, promise. He's been behaving ok so far, so I guess it's not that bad...

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:30 pm

legia_piotr wrote: Maybe I have delusions of grandeur :) but I see no reason why we can't have exclusive interviews with NT players on the mainpage one day? :!: :o Who knows?? :D
I'm with you, and i'm 100% sure it could be done. We just need a simple layout for a page that's updated on a regular basis. Polishsoccer.com can and will be huge one day :wink:

Yea i know mozza is back, and has been for a long time :D

Dj Domino
First Team
First Team

Post by Dj Domino » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:35 pm

The puzzle pieces are falling into place.

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:15 pm

Dj Domino wrote:The puzzle pieces are falling into place.
you know who else is back, Wisla. I didn't know the kid back in the day but i'm sure some of you granddaddys of the forum do. Posts here and there, i found him on the chat room. Seems like a nice guy. :lol:

elderon
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by elderon » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:02 am

Some people need to learn some words..

Suspended and Banned..

That's for you Tomasz :P
"Polska jest tam gdzie my jestesmy"

moz
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by moz » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:25 am

Wat happened to the thread.. " bart wants back in..".. :idea:

Polski_orzel
First Team
First Team

Post by Polski_orzel » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:28 am

it's one of the threads in the "Mod only" zone

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:05 pm

Piotr, why don't you do what most message boards do. Ban people the first time for like 24 hours. Then a week. Then forever. Or if they do something really bad then ban them forever right away. Maybe you did this already, IDK.

Polski_orzel
First Team
First Team

Post by Polski_orzel » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:28 pm

Because he gives a billion warnings, that's why.