Home Page

Announcements, help, questions, suggestions, comments etc.
Sarge

Home Page

Post by Sarge » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:10 pm

Has the home page with headlines gone and there is now just a forum or what? Just wondering

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 am

new page is in the works.

SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:02 am

MrMariusz wrote:new page is in the works.
What is the new page going to be like?

9Korona

Post by 9Korona » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:23 pm

SlaskWroclaw18 wrote:
What is the new page going to be like?
its going to resemble a home page imo

SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Question to mods: Has there been any talk/progress to improving this website (a homepage, some news, etc.)?

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:58 am

SlaskWroclaw18 wrote:Question to mods: Has there been any talk/progress to improving this website (a homepage, some news, etc.)?
Probably not... fucking wanks.

If you're going to run a site fucking RUN it!!
If you're going to "work" for the site do some fucking WORK on it.

Mi-Sex
First Team
First Team

Post by Mi-Sex » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:24 am

hmm this site would be better with a frontpage, otherwise polishsoca will probably steal alot of mtraffic this site gets. i do think the mods need to do alot more to make this site better, people just keep on leaving
koniec pzpn
polska 2014 world cup champions this time it will be different

Rafinho
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Rafinho » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 am

Mi-Sex wrote:hmm this site would be better with a frontpage, otherwise polishsoca will probably steal alot of mtraffic this site gets. i do think the mods need to do alot more to make this site better, people just keep on leaving
The site is in the works.. it's gonna be a plain homepage tho, and as you all know our forum will still be the main attraction.

SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:42 pm

El Rafal wrote:
Mi-Sex wrote:hmm this site would be better with a frontpage, otherwise polishsoca will probably steal alot of mtraffic this site gets. i do think the mods need to do alot more to make this site better, people just keep on leaving
The site is in the works.. it's gonna be a plain homepage tho, and as you all know our forum will still be the main attraction.
How many times that has been said?! Can you give us a date or timeframe when we can expect to see something :?: :!:

Legia Ultra

Post by Legia Ultra » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:55 pm

SlaskWroclaw18 wrote:
El Rafal wrote:
How many times that has been said?! Can you give us a date or timeframe when we can expect to see something :?: :!:
Do you need any help ?

I'd be willing to contribute some time & effort

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:06 pm

El Rafal wrote:it's gonna be a plain homepage tho
a plain homepage... as in?

Mi-Sex
First Team
First Team

Post by Mi-Sex » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 pm

El Rafal wrote:
well done. i have alot of faith in that.
koniec pzpn

Rafinho
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Rafinho » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:56 am

Benek wrote:
As in just a homepage with ekstraklasa details and like it was before, with player interviews Mariusz got ect... it's not gonna be anything like polishsoca site.. with all the unused bullshit.

Rafinho
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Rafinho » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:57 am

SlaskWroclaw18 wrote:
El Rafal wrote:
Ya.. that's really not my fault.. but Mariusz is working on it lets just put it that way I can't give you a time and date.

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

El Rafal wrote:
Benek wrote:
As in just a homepage with ekstraklasa details and like it was before, with player interviews Mariusz got ect... it's not gonna be anything like polishsoca site.. with all the unused bullshit.
Yea but it's going to be a bit more modern i hope lol

also someone, like ps.com staff is going to need to keep it updated. Having a 8 month old article as the main story is bootleg.

Mi-Sex
First Team
First Team

Post by Mi-Sex » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 pm

if its been in the works this long its gotta be good
koniec pzpn

SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:42 pm

El Rafal wrote:
SlaskWroclaw18 wrote:
El Rafal wrote:
Ya.. that's really not my fault.. but Mariusz is working on it lets just put it that way I can't give you a time and date.
So Mariusz any idea when we will see the homepage up, you have been working on it since April apparently?

SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Also can we please get the search function on this forum running again?

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:18 am

The search tables, if rebuilt, would take up a considerable amount of MySQL-dedicated space and possibly cpu load. The previous host wasn't too happy with that. I will try and see how much server load (and space) the search index takes on this host.

As for the site. At various moments in the past attempts were made to involve people in keeping a database of players, transfers, league fixtures (a mini-90minut-like) and the like in order, but enthousiasm quickly faded when these tasks became routine annoyances. We will have a new design out eventually (in part, thanks to PLUSPOL's base design), but as Rafal stated, with less dynamic functionality.

Please understand that none of us can take constant dedication to all parts of this project. If I understand correctly, this polishsoca.com people are talking about is run by folks who probably will attempt to make their living off of it. Some of the people on PS are either still studying or have a time-consuming job, and additional obligations. Yes, just a forum in itself is not ideal, but at least PS has by now developed the kind of genuine community backing that other professional (dare I say, Americanized) sites may never successfully acquire. In any case, Rafal and I will discuss a time schedule for when a revamped ps home must go online.

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:46 pm

MrMariusz wrote: As for the site. At various moments in the past attempts were made to involve people in keeping a database of players, transfers, league fixtures (a mini-90minut-like) and the like in order, but enthousiasm quickly faded when these tasks became routine annoyances. We will have a new design out eventually (in part, thanks to PLUSPOL's base design), but as Rafal stated, with less dynamic functionality.
A- make it a job. If you help to upkeep ps.com give people a title like staff or some shit... mods should all be involved too. They don't really do much of anything else.

B- can we see a preview or more like an example of what it looks?

C- Contact some of the more active people via PM and ask them to help, to be part of staff.