Website section on main page

Announcements, help, questions, suggestions, comments etc.
Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:08 pm

legia_piotr wrote:I still don't understand the point of this 'website history,' but I will put together something short tomorrow.

cheers.
neither do i

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:25 pm

neither do i
But you like it :?: :wink:

kks.1922 wrote:i like.
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:40 pm

whiteboy wrote:
neither do i

bwahaahaahaa :lol: :lol:

no one responded, so i felt like giving the kid lift.

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:43 pm

kks.1922 wrote:
whiteboy wrote:
neither do i

bwahaahaahaa :lol: :lol:

no one responded, so i felt like giving the kid lift.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:07 pm

Well at least we are honest now.

Mistrzu
First Team
First Team

Post by Mistrzu » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 am

The site is what it is... adding a website history won't make it any more or less credible, IMO. Only a full revamp and massive data update would solve things, but like legia_piotr said, most people (including myself) directly go the forum.

If anything, the main site should probably concentrate on the NT... and see where things go from there. I'm not sure if there is enough English speaking interest to warrant EK content. With that said, it's hard to commit someone to updating the site... we've tried.

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:06 am

Mistrzu wrote:but like legia_piotr said, most people (including myself) directly go the forum.
We do. But how many people visit the site and see that it's just shit and bounce without even checking any links like the FORUM??

Mistrzu
First Team
First Team

Post by Mistrzu » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:48 am

kks.1922 wrote:
Mistrzu wrote:but like legia_piotr said, most people (including myself) directly go the forum.
We do. But how many people visit the site and see that it's just shit and bounce without even checking any links like the FORUM??
That's true. In this case, perhaps a better option would be to make the "Discussion boards" link larger and more prevelent on the site, perhaps somewhere near the top of the page.

PLUSPOL
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by PLUSPOL » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:37 am

kks.1922 wrote:
Probably quite a few potential contributors.

I think it'd be ideal if this site was arranged like the Manchester United forum RedCafe.net is.

It's a forum, except with a front page "portal" kind of thing, and if applied to this site - which would make sense as the forum is the focal point here - we could have supplementary content like news and articles on the side panels if need be.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:10 am

Mistrzu wrote:
kks.1922 wrote:
That's true. In this case, perhaps a better option would be to make the "Discussion boards" link larger and more prevelent on the site, perhaps somewhere near the top of the page.
I agree, if anything make the FORUM link large and clear...if you aren't looking for it u probably will just miss it.

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:15 pm

GeneralPulaski wrote:
Mistrzu wrote:
kks.1922 wrote:
I agree, if anything make the FORUM link large and clear...if you aren't looking for it u probably will just miss it.
I think quite a few people are missing the point. It's easy to just brush it under the carpet and make a bigger link, but at the same time it would be easier just to scrap the site and make the forum just polishsoccer.com

This place is very unique because of everyone's backrounds. Unlike many sites, we aren't based out of Poland, nore are we a particular select group of fans. We are a large group of people from all over Poland living abroad. Quite a few people here a well connected, some less. But this site has the potential of being one of the TOP Polish soccer sites in the world. To ignore all that by fucking the site would be IMO stupid.
Tomek has gotten ahold of a few future NT players, that would make great interviews. I'm sure we can interview PZPN it self if we tried and got the right questions. We can get a phone interview with perhaps Piotr Nowak, or Damian Gorawski. This site could become a major hub of Polish soccer news and info.

We would just need to get a few people together that are willing to put in the time. It doesn't do any good really for people to just say "let's make the forum link bigger"

That's just my 2cents.

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:48 pm

^^ I agree. We have a near-unique site here, every other site on the internet about Polish football (in English) is practically never used.

The following, IMO, need to be updated:

- On the National Team section, get rid of the 'Squads' bit, this changes all the time, and I doubt anyone will either be bothered/have the time to change it accordingly.

-http://polishsoccer.com/nt.php/wc06/

Only shows qualification. Should show Poland's World Cup group as well.

-http://polishsoccer.com/nt.php/history/

Needs expanding and updating.

-Scrap the stadium section.

-http://polishsoccer.com/nt.php/matches/

Needs serious updating.

-On the Ekstraklasa section, the links don't even do anything. IMO there should just be a table and fixtures + results section, no squad section.

-Scrap the Community bit, and put two big bold buttons "Discussion Boards" and "Chatroom" where the "Search" section is. Get rid of the "Search" section.

-None of the buttons on the "Website" bit work, get them working.

-What happened to the Prediction League thing?

When we do all these things and maybe a little more I haven't thought of, we shall have a better forum. However, this as KKS said this will need some time and dedication.

Have we any volunteers to help do this?

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:26 am

No volunteers/replies? Come on guys, we can do better than this :!:

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:09 pm

nSpuration wrote:No volunteers/replies? Come on guys, we can do better than this :!:
If i new how to i would, isnt euroDj good at media arts and programming, pm him ?

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:28 am

Okay, thanks for mentioning him... I'll PM the mods as well, see what our friendly dictators think as well... :lol:

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:57 am

Right now, first priority is to input the runda jesienna fixtures into the database. The idea was to make them as complete as possible, including scorers, cards, substitutions etc (like 90minut), but it's a repetitive and timeconsuming job. From this information the current script sets up a player profile (goals, cards, subs, ... along with other manually added info such as birthplace etc) for each Ekstraklasa zawodnik. In addition it also generates club profiles, with full squad listings and other info. It takes about 5 minutes to completely input each such fixture into the database. There are about 100 fixtures already... and there's quite a few new Ekstraklasa players that need to be added into the database before we can even start..

A way to ease the job would be to just input the final scores, and keep manually updated lists of Ekstraklasa topscorers. But then we'd lose all of the other aforementioned possibilities. Perhaps we should just stick to this?

If people do want the full capacity statistics, I'd also ask whether anyone here wants to volunteer. 90minut.pl has an entire team keeping the Ekstraklasa up to date..

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:17 pm

Is it not possible to copy the table from 90minut.pl... and keep it connected (not exlplaining this well) to the one on 90minut.pl... what I am trying to say is can it be programmed to update itself with data from 90minut.pl?

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:59 am

nSpuration wrote:Is it not possible to copy the table from 90minut.pl... and keep it connected (not exlplaining this well) to the one on 90minut.pl... what I am trying to say is can it be programmed to update itself with data from 90minut.pl?
Yes, it is possible. I will need to adapt the scripts to catch the relevant data, but it's a good idea..

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:36 pm

^^ Yo, I like the name change. :)

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Piast_PL wrote:
nSpuration wrote:No volunteers/replies? Come on guys, we can do better than this :!:
If i new how to i would, isnt euroDj good at media arts and programming, pm him ?
Well, no reply from Euro DJ. :?

Anyone else, please, for the sake of our wonderful site!