Website section on main page

Announcements, help, questions, suggestions, comments etc.
tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Website section on main page

Post by tommy boy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

I got in touch with Andrew Konopelsky today and we talked and he said he will give Jaroslaw Fojut and Tomek Cywka my email address so they can contact me regarding interviews that I can do for polishsoccer.com.

In an effort to make the place look good, maybe we can add something on the "Website History" and the whole Website section on the main page so these guys and future dudes can be better aquainted with the website.

This way they can know that we have a history on this website and that it is credible for professional footballers to give interviews for this website.

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:51 pm

Moderators/Admins/Senior dudes- what do you think about this??

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:53 pm

i like.

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:54 pm

kks.1922 wrote:i like.
A sign of life. :)

Who would type up the Website History? It would have to be someone who has been here from Day 1.

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:57 pm

tomekztarnowa wrote:
i don't do websites which is a shame, but quite a few people here do. It would be nice to re do the site. Make it a bit more modern and updated.

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:08 am

kks.1922 wrote:
tomekztarnowa wrote:
i don't do websites which is a shame, but quite a few people here do. It would be nice to re do the site. Make it a bit more modern and updated.
All I'm saying is that when you go on the main polishsoccer.com front page.....on your left, you get to the "Website" section in red......and you can't click on it. It should be written up and made available for guests such as Tomek Cywka or Jaroslaw Fojut, so that way they won't think this is some lame ass web page and it is a credible site for a footballer to give an interview for.

POLSKIDEBESCIAK
First Team
First Team

Post by POLSKIDEBESCIAK » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:16 am

How about they can register here and post as regular members?? A star could be under their name or something so everybody will know it is them

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:18 am

POLSKIDEBESCIAK wrote:How about they can register here and post as regular members?? A star could be under their name or something so everybody will know it is them
I recruited Andrew to join, and if I will be able to conduct an interview with either of those two guys, I will mention the forum to them. 8)

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:21 am

tomekztarnowa wrote:
POLSKIDEBESCIAK wrote:How about they can register here and post as regular members?? A star could be under their name or something so everybody will know it is them
I recruited Andrew to join, and if I will be able to conduct an interview with either of those two guys, I will mention the forum to them. 8)
why would they want to join the forum??? so if they suck they can read us mocking them? or are people just going to suck their dicks if they are logged in??

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:28 am

kks.1922 wrote:
tomekztarnowa wrote:
why would they want to join the forum??? so if they suck they can read us mocking them? or are people just going to suck their dicks if they are logged in??
I just pointed out that we had a forum. I mentioned it once and won't mention it again, for the reasons KKS stated....not gonna push anybody into doing anything.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:35 am

No offense, but I don't think we should update the website just because there is an off-chance Fojut or Cywka might visit. That said, yeah the site should be updated or more simply, there should be less 'options' there... realistically speaking, people don't come here to see the OE fixtures or whatever.

But again, it takes time and patience to do these things. If someone has the skills & wants to volunteer, I don't think any of the mods/admins would mind ;)

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:37 am

What things ?!?!

I'm just talking about the "website history" section on the main page. There is nothing written there. That's all I'm talking about......not some remodeling of the main page or whatever.

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:49 am

legia_piotr wrote:No offense, but I don't think we should update the website just because there is an off-chance Fojut or Cywka might visit. That said, yeah the site should be updated or more simply, there should be less 'options' there... realistically speaking, people don't come here to see the OE fixtures or whatever.

But again, it takes time and patience to do these things. If someone has the skills & wants to volunteer, I don't think any of the mods/admins would mind ;)
To me it has nothing to do with Cywka or Fojut. Just that our site is shit. People don't come to see OE fixtures and whatever because our site is shit. If we get it updated on a regular basis this site has alot of potential of being one of the top Polish soccer sites.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:53 am

tomekztarnowa wrote:What things ?!?!

I'm just talking about the "website history" section on the main page. There is nothing written there. That's all I'm talking about......not some remodeling of the main page or whatever.
Hmm, I don't really see the point of that. What would this website history even contain??

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:55 am

legia_piotr wrote:
tomekztarnowa wrote:What things ?!?!

Hmm, I don't really see the point of that. What would this website history even contain??
Well that's for you to think up along with the other mods/admins. :)

The point would be to add a little prestige to the forum, and I already mentioned why twice in this thread.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:55 am

kks.1922 wrote:
legia_piotr wrote:No offense, but I don't think we should update the website just because there is an off-chance Fojut or Cywka might visit. That said, yeah the site should be updated or more simply, there should be less 'options' there... realistically speaking, people don't come here to see the OE fixtures or whatever.

To me it has nothing to do with Cywka or Fojut. Just that our site is shit. People don't come to see OE fixtures and whatever because our site is shit. If we get it updated on a regular basis this site has alot of potential of being one of the top Polish soccer sites.
Fair enough, that's your opinion.

Old habits die hard... I guarantee you that 95% of the people on here have direct links to the forum, not the actual site itself. I agree that this site has a lot of potential, but a lot of the times, it's easier said than done to keep it consistently updated...

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:36 am

A website history like this?

Day 1: A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Party Polak was bored. So he decided to set up a forum called polishsoccer.com.

and so on...

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team

Post by scyzor_tay » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:46 am

nSpuration wrote:A website history like this?

Day 1: A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Party Polak was bored. So he decided to set up a forum called polishsoccer.com.

and so on...
if you do it that way, it will make this website look like a joke and we wont get any interviews

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:40 am

I know, I was being sarcastic. :)

Seriously now, how exactly should we phrase + what shall our website history page look like :?:

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:17 pm

I still don't understand the point of this 'website history,' but I will put together something short tomorrow.

cheers.