NHL 07-08 off season

The place to discuss everything but soccer
Post Reply

Who will win the League Title

Detroit
5
14%
Ottawa
8
22%
Carolina
2
6%
Colorado
1
3%
Buffalo
13
36%
Boston
3
8%
Dallas
4
11%
 
Total votes: 36

User avatar
Wyborowa
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2711
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:19 pm
Location: Buffalo,NY
Contact:

Post by Wyborowa » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:52 am

How about Buffalo's old Memorial Auditorium!?
Veiw from the back or side
Image

The front. All boarded up. :-( (Like the fucking Polish East side)
Image

Old old pics! :shock:
Image

Check out the old score board!!
Image
Image

3aqel
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:12 pm

Post by 3aqel » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:34 am

the exterior isn't too bad, the upper half really takes away from the overall look, they could've done that a bit better. The front's well done tho, but the roof looks contrasting to the style they were going for, and that just killed the building for me (@ memorial auditorium)
Image

User avatar
Mistrzu
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4300
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:36 pm

Post by Mistrzu » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:43 pm

I love these classic NHL arenas. Unfortunately, they aren't viable in today's luxury box, amenity filled leagues, but they should still be preserved as landmarks in their own right. I remember watching Leaf games on TV from "the Od in Buffalo" the Spectrum in Philly, the old Boston Garden etc. I saw my first Leaf game at Maple Leaf Gardens, along with my second, third, and fourth... the building oozes history. It's a shame its become what it is. They could've still used it for Leafs pre-season game (they never sell out, but I bet they would in MLG), Marlies games, Major's etc... or even as a community rink.

User avatar
Deyna
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:33 am

Post by Deyna » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:20 pm

classic NHL arena = Montreal Forum

those were the days heh 8)

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Post by legia_piotr » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:23 pm

^^ fucking right. I loved going to Maple Leaf Gardens -- went there plenty of times when I was a kid... and like Mistrzu said, it just oozes history. It was awesome.

I've only been to one game in the ACC... overpriced tickets, too many suits as opposed to real fans are just 2 total turnoffs for me. I still get pissed as hell when I see the empty seats at the start of every period (all the suits coming back from the sushi bar 4, 5 minutes into the period) :roll: :x

save MAPLE LEAF GARDENS!!! 8)

User avatar
Wyborowa
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2711
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:19 pm
Location: Buffalo,NY
Contact:

Post by Wyborowa » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:29 pm

Mistrzu wrote: I remember watching Leaf games on TV from "the Od in Buffalo"
"The Aud" :lol:
Image

User avatar
SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3657
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:54 pm

WHOA!!! :shock: Devils lost to the Carolina Hurricanes 7-2!!! What happened there. O'well, I am a Penguins fan!! :lol:

User avatar
Polski_orzel
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3228
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:41 am
Location: University of Victoria

Post by Polski_orzel » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:05 am

polskausa18 wrote:WHOA!!! :shock: Devils lost to the Carolina Hurricanes 7-2!!! What happened there. O'well, I am a Penguins fan!! :lol:
Then you will be upset tomorrow :D

User avatar
SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3657
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Penguins vs. Rangers today!!! Pens will win!! 8)

User avatar
*Chris*
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:18 pm
Location: Ottawa (by way of Thunder Bay), ON, Canada

Post by *Chris* » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:25 pm

legia_piotr wrote:I've only been to one game in the ACC... overpriced tickets, too many suits as opposed to real fans are just 2 total turnoffs for me. I still get pissed as hell when I see the empty seats at the start of every period (all the suits coming back from the sushi bar 4, 5 minutes into the period) :roll: :x
Tell me about it. I have never been to a game in Toronto, but the suits really take away from the atmosphere in every arena. It's a catch 22. If you want good seats, you have to sit with the suits. If you want atmosphere, you have to sit in the nosebleeds.

I remember when I went to see Canada play vs the US and Slovakia in the World Cup in Montreal a few years ago at the Bell Centre. For the US game, we were in the 300s. Chants, hi-fives after every goal. Brilliant atmosphere and fan support.

For the Slovakia game, I snuck down to the 100s and eventually snuck into first row. So when Canada scored I was jumping up and down and slapping the plexiglass. I turned around to give people hi-fives and they looked at me like I was insane. Only a couple wives of suits gave me hi-fives. Then some little 15 year old rich kid that was sitting next to me leans over and says 'You didn't pay for these tickets, did you?'. I just shook my head and cheered on.
W życiu piękne są tylko chwile, ale dla nich warto żyć.
Polish by chance. Proud by choice.

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Post by legia_piotr » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:28 pm

^^ that's a crazy story :)
and that reminds me... I have to clear my schedule for the Olympics in Vancouver.. I know it's a long way away but a few buds and I will definitely be heading over to BC for the festivities :D


honestly, if you want to see what real Leaf fans are like... you have to go on the road. I've been to Leaf games in Buffalo & Pitt & the atmosphere created by Leaf fans far outweighed my ACC experience!

User avatar
*Chris*
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:18 pm
Location: Ottawa (by way of Thunder Bay), ON, Canada

Post by *Chris* » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:58 pm

Oh I definitely want to go to Vancouver to see Canada play. That would be amazing. I am glad I went to see Canada play in Montreal. It was awesome seeing Lemieux skate right by me. I wish I could have gone to see the final game in Toronto. But I watched the game in downtown Ottawa and pretty much single-handidly created a mob of fans that eventually grew to about 300. We then blocked traffic and walked to Parliament Hill to sing the national anthem. Good times.

Have you heard anything on how difficult it will be to get tickets?
W życiu piękne są tylko chwile, ale dla nich warto żyć.
Polish by chance. Proud by choice.

User avatar
Pulaski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Warszawa

Post by Pulaski » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:59 pm

polskausa18 wrote:Penguins vs. Rangers today!!! Pens will win!! 8)
fuck, the penguins are about to catch the devils! :cry:

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Post by legia_piotr » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:05 pm

*Chris* wrote:Oh I definitely want to go to Vancouver to see Canada play. That would be amazing. I am glad I went to see Canada play in Montreal. It was awesome seeing Lemieux skate right by me. I wish I could have gone to see the final game in Toronto. But I watched the game in downtown Ottawa and pretty much single-handidly created a mob of fans that eventually grew to about 300. We then blocked traffic and walked to Parliament Hill to sing the national anthem. Good times.

Have you heard anything on how difficult it will be to get tickets?
I subscribed to the mailing list. no ticket info will be available before 2008, so we have to be patient :)

http://www.vancouver2010.com/en/Partici ... on/Tickets

however, in terms of accomodation, I think I'll start looking around for the possiblity of renting a flat or something like that... :idea:

User avatar
*Chris*
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:18 pm
Location: Ottawa (by way of Thunder Bay), ON, Canada

Post by *Chris* » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:58 pm

legia_piotr wrote:
*Chris* wrote:Oh I definitely want to go to Vancouver to see Canada play. That would be amazing. I am glad I went to see Canada play in Montreal. It was awesome seeing Lemieux skate right by me. I wish I could have gone to see the final game in Toronto. But I watched the game in downtown Ottawa and pretty much single-handidly created a mob of fans that eventually grew to about 300. We then blocked traffic and walked to Parliament Hill to sing the national anthem. Good times.

Have you heard anything on how difficult it will be to get tickets?
I subscribed to the mailing list. no ticket info will be available before 2008, so we have to be patient :)

http://www.vancouver2010.com/en/Partici ... on/Tickets

however, in terms of accomodation, I think I'll start looking around for the possiblity of renting a flat or something like that... :idea:
Thanks. Yah looking to rent something should be done pretty early. But with Vancouver's real estate prices, you know it's gonna cost a bit.
W życiu piękne są tylko chwile, ale dla nich warto żyć.
Polish by chance. Proud by choice.

User avatar
SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3657
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:44 pm

GeneralPulaski wrote:
polskausa18 wrote:Penguins vs. Rangers today!!! Pens will win!! 8)
fuck, the penguins are about to catch the devils! :cry:
HELL YEAH!!! :P

User avatar
Mistrzu
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4300
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:36 pm

Post by Mistrzu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:09 pm

suspension predictions?

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Post by legia_piotr » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:35 pm

wow, what a cheap shot :o :oops:

I know Tootoo is a tough guy... but if he wants to play that role, he should be ready to drop the gloves when he goes after a star like Modano. That was just a cheap suckerpunch.

I am guessing ~5 games suspension, but wouldn't be surprised if he gets more.

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Post by legia_piotr » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:42 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/s ... id=2798268

who's your NHL mvp??

I agree with Cox... looks like Brodeur and Sid the Kid will battle it out for top spot, with Vinny Lecavalier a close 3rd.

User avatar
Pulaski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Warszawa

Post by Pulaski » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:42 am

Marty Brodeur! and thanx for the shitty Rangers beating Pittsburgh! Devils / Toronto tonite...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests