Best album of all time

The place to discuss everything but soccer
User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Best album of all time

Post by karmakop » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:23 pm

Radiohead- Ok Computer
and
Led Zeppelin 4

Guys lets make this a serious discussion. Please do not post some random album that u like but no one has ever heard of before. Lets just say in order to be considered best album of all time it has to of sold many copies.

NYC gREG
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:30 pm
Location: nyc

Post by NYC gREG » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:27 pm

pink floyd-off the wall

rasialdopadopoulos
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by rasialdopadopoulos » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:13 am

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

I actually like Master of Puppets (I think it was their peak) better but more people like Ride The Lightning better.

Also, don't forget Michael Jackson's Thriller. It sold more copies than any other album so it is the greatest album of all time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Polish Starting 11:

Wlodarczyk Wlodarczyk
Kukielka Kukielka Kukielka Kukielka
Rzasa Rzasa Rzasa Rzasa
Boruc

Feces is better than chocolate.

User avatar
polishbobo
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:52 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY

Post by polishbobo » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:50 am

the wall....by pink floyd its classic, cmon now, no debate here.........
Polska appreciates

User avatar
Dj Domino
First Team
First Team
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:45 pm

Re: Best album of all time

Post by Dj Domino » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:00 am

karmakop wrote:Radiohead- Ok Computer
and
Led Zeppelin 4

Guys lets make this a serious discussion. Please do not post some random album that u like but no one has ever heard of before. Lets just say in order to be considered best album of all time it has to of sold many copies.
What? That post just made zero sense.

User avatar
astoria
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:48 am
Location: Australia

Post by astoria » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:08 am

polishbobo wrote:the wall....by pink floyd its classic, cmon now, no debate here.........

User avatar
legia_piotr
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13709
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Re: Best album of all time

Post by legia_piotr » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:09 am

Dj Domino wrote:
karmakop wrote:Radiohead- Ok Computer
and
Led Zeppelin 4

Guys lets make this a serious discussion. Please do not post some random album that u like but no one has ever heard of before. Lets just say in order to be considered best album of all time it has to of sold many copies.
What? That post just made zero sense.
guess he's not into the indie spirit ;)

User avatar
NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5810
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:58 pm
Location: Noble Park

Post by NoReSpEcT » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:13 am

once again people there is a search option here

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:34 am

how did my post not make sense.

User avatar
Dj Domino
First Team
First Team
Posts: 6257
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:45 pm

Post by Dj Domino » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:24 pm

How can I give you what I consider the best album of all time when I can't give you the albums I like because they don't fit the criteria? The question is basically, "What's the best album that has sold at least x amount of copies?"

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:35 pm

well i said that cuz i dont want kids telling me that new found glory has the best album ever.

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team
Posts: 9856
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:36 pm

Post by scyzor_tay » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:41 pm

2pac - All Eyez On Me

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:44 pm

All eyez on me is good but if i was gonna go with a rap album id go with NaS- Illmatic

User avatar
jamicanpolak78
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:35 pm
Location: florida
Contact:

Post by jamicanpolak78 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:34 pm

tupac=tupacolypse something like that

did you ever get that album scyzor

User avatar
Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8494
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:18 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:47 pm

rasialdopadopoulos wrote:Metallica - Ride The Lightning

I actually like Master of Puppets (I think it was their peak) better but more people like Ride The Lightning better.

Also, don't forget Michael Jackson's Thriller. It sold more copies than any other album so it is the greatest album of all time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Their peak? It was their second album, and they were just being recognized..?

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team
Posts: 9856
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:36 pm

Post by scyzor_tay » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:47 am

jamicanpolak78 wrote:tupac=tupacolypse something like that

did you ever get that album scyzor
2pacalypse.. yah but its not his best.

User avatar
karmakop
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5269
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Hyde Park, NY

Post by karmakop » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:14 am

2pacolypse was his first album and def not his best but still pretty good.

User avatar
TheWhiteStarArmy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4206
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:30 am
Location: Here and there

Post by TheWhiteStarArmy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:00 pm

karmakop wrote:well i said that cuz i dont want kids telling me that new found glory has the best album ever.
NFG's new stuff sounds a lot different from when they burst onto the scene. They sound a lot more mature.

And anyways, what's wrong if someone thinks they have the best album of all time? It's just that person's taste in music.
Image

User avatar
Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8494
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:18 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:15 pm

TheWhiteStarArmy wrote:
karmakop wrote:well i said that cuz i dont want kids telling me that new found glory has the best album ever.
NFG's new stuff sounds a lot different from when they burst onto the scene. They sound a lot more mature.

And anyways, what's wrong if someone thinks they have the best album of all time? It's just that person's taste in music.
Still very questionable taste in music, obviously if someone says that as fact they haven't listened to enough music.

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team
Posts: 9856
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:36 pm

Post by scyzor_tay » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:25 pm

karmakop wrote:2pacolypse was his first album and def not his best but still pretty good.
It wasn't his first album ever it was his first album as a mainstream artist. But yeah its not his best but still a great album!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests