Babatunde Aiyegbusi

The place to discuss everything but soccer
Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Babatunde Aiyegbusi

Post by Party Polak » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 am

Vikings look to Europe for new OL
The Minnesota Vikings announced Thursday the signing of offensive tackle Babatunde Aiyegbusi, an undrafted free-agent tackle, who never played college ball but most recently spent time in the Polish American Football League and the German Football League.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12564 ... all-league

LegiaMistrz1

Re: Babatunde Aiyegbusi

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Good stuff, only thing is he hasn't really signed a contract yet. His contract is contingent on making the 53 man roster first and then not getting cut during training camp. Still a very long way to go before he takes a snap in a regular season game. I wish him the best of luck though. On a sad note, we might have two players from Poland in the NFL soon, but don't have anyone from Poland in the NHL even though hockey is more popular than Am. Football in Poland. :(

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:12 pm

what happened to wolski?
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

LegiaMistrz1

Post by LegiaMistrz1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:36 pm

nicram wrote:what happened to wolski?
Even though Wolski was born in Poland, he was never eligible to play for the NT. IIHF rules are different than FIFA, they say a player must play at a min. of two seasons within the domestic league where he wants to represent a nation, as well as having citizenship of that nation of course.
Wolski now plays for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the Russian KHL. I think this is his second season there. If he has a basis to become a Russian citizen (maybe some family member) he'll play for Russia before he plays for Poland.