The Official Movie Thread

The place to discuss everything but soccer
Atakski
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: The Official Movie Thread

Post by Atakski » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:57 am

Any of you guys seen the controversial Poklosie?

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:14 am

I saw Lucy recently it was a pretty good movie with a unique idea and I like that kind of sci-fi
7/10

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:39 pm

polskaforever wrote:
AKsoldier wrote:
polskaforever wrote:
AKsoldier wrote:Can't wait to see the movie. Hopefully they screen it in the States and Canada.

Also, Czas Honoru premiered "Powstanie" (sezon 7). The first episode was very good.
http://www.czashonoru.tvp.pl/14910382/c ... -powstanie

Check out torrenty.org to download the first episode.

Also, does anyone have a link to download "Powstanie Warszawskie"? (non-fiction movie based on archival footages, digitally improved)
Where can I find season 1-6 720p?
http://torrenty.org/torrent/955587
I am not paying for an access code???
Its not 720p, but try this site http://seansik.tv/act/watch/id/212/episode/232652
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Just watched Pod Mocnym Aniolem. Really good movie!!

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:59 pm

http://www.pffamerica.org/en/special-sc ... an-komasa/

I will be attending this special screening. I also wanted to see Miasto 44, but it sold out in 2 hours.

Special screenings of WARSAW UPRISING, a film directed by Jan Komasa, the author of CITY 44, a huge blockbuster hit in Polish movie theatres this year, will be one of the most extraordinary presentations at the upcoming 26th Polish Film Festival in America. The movie is the world’s first feature film made entirely from documentary material. A script was written by Joanna Pawluskiewicz, Jan Oldakowski and Piotr Sliwinski. The score was made by Bartosz Chajdecki, one of the most talented composers of young generation, already with impressive credits. The Museum of Warsaw Uprising produced the film, which had emotional and very enthusiastic reception from audiences in Polish movie theatres. The only two screenings of WARSAW UPRISING will take place on Tuesday, November 11th at 8:45 PM. in Facets Cinematheque (1517 West Fullerton Ave., Chicago) and on Thursday, November 13th at 7:30 PM. in Muvico Rosemont 18 (9701 Bryn Mawr Ave., Rosemont). The film is in Polish with English subtitles.

The film tells the story of the Warsaw Rising of 1944 through the eyes of two young reporters, cameramen for the Bureau of Information and Propaganda of the Home Army and direct witnesses of insurgent fighting. Their mission: documenting the Rising by shooting newsreels for the “Palladium” cinema. Looking for the right shots, they go deeper and deeper – literally and figuratively – into the heart of the Rising, which turns out to be horrific. Aware of participating in something indescribable, in a world following the apocalypse, they also became aware of their role: documenting the apocalypse and trying to preserve the rolls of film at any cost…
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:02 pm

^^^ It was amazing and well done.

It felt like you were in the "zone" cause the footage was so raw.

:poland: :clap:

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Stoner's Creek - Just beyond and above Hamilton's debauchery

Post by JDE » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:56 pm

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:09 am

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2275946/

funny film...even a few polish lines...KURWA!! LOL

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:17 am

Trailer released of Polish movie on Iraq War

http://thenews.pl/1/11/Artykul/212016,T ... -Iraq-War-

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:16 pm

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:42 am

James THE ALPHA Bond strikes again

- exotic places
- gorgeous women
- raging alcoholic

French broad

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:48 am

Miasto 44 -Finally got around to watching it. I thought it was great but some things could have been done better. Special effects, Settings and the guys story were all excellent but it revolved around the love story more so than his patriotism which should have been shown more. The dubstep music in one scene was a bit weird but the Niemen song when he's dogging the bullets is mad. Overall really impressed at the high quality film making and likely the amount of money that went into making this film. Hollywood standard. 8/10

I'll watch a few Polish movies during the holidays. I'm in the mood.

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Have yet to see it unfortunately! But if you were to choose your most favorite historical Polish film to date what would it be?
Sydney Polak wrote:Miasto 44 -Finally got around to watching it. I thought it was great but some things could have been done better. Special effects, Settings and the guys story were all excellent but it revolved around the love story more so than his patriotism which should have been shown more. The dubstep music in one scene was a bit weird but the Niemen song when he's dogging the bullets is mad. Overall really impressed at the high quality film making and likely the amount of money that went into making this film. Hollywood standard. 8/10

I'll watch a few Polish movies during the holidays. I'm in the mood.
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:37 am

[quote="Piast_PL"]Have yet to see it unfortunately! But if you were to choose your most favorite historical Polish film to date what would it be?

Haven't really watched many historical films. The only Polish films I've seen are: Chlopaki nie Placza (still my favorite) , Dzien Swira (Realest film ever. Quiet sad really), Poranek Kojota , Jak rozpentalem 2 wojne swiatowa , Sami Swoi , Miasto 44 , W Ciemnosci, Killer, Testosteron, Nie lubie Poniedzialku , Pieniadze to nie Wszystko , To ja Zlodziej (really like this one)

But in the next couple of weeks I want to watch : Katyn , Aftermath , Ida , Zemsta , Krzyzacy , Bitwa pod Wiedniem

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:37 am

Ida - THIS movie won an Oscar ? Wow. I'm no movie connoisseur but that was bloody boring. Yeah the shots were interesting, the way the movie was filmed but the overall story could have been told in 8 minutes. I just don't get the constant shots of nothing. Maybe I'm just too stpid for this kind of film :lol: or maybe I'm too used to American cinema :-? - 4/10

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:32 am

Aftermath (Poklosie) - Deep movie. Brings up a topic for a lengthy discussion. I enjoy movies that focus on something small like this country town and how a certain family/person is viewed. But by the end of the film the small thing turns out to be massive. I thought the acting in this film was at times a bit weird with a complete change in emotion by Stuhr's character but overall tidy little film. - 7/10
Last edited by Sydney Polak on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:38 am

Katyn - One of those films that, if it was made in America it would be a hit/classic. That's what makes a good Polish movie. Some great acting. Maybe it focused a little bit too much on the women that were affected (still very important).I like the way the ending shows everything as it was and how the soviets carried out their atrocities. Sad but important cinema. 9/10

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Miasto - great movie.

I would also recommend the Revenant and Spotlight both great movies.

Has anyone found Kalaba??? Ive looked everywhere for it no torrents or downloads anywhere to be found.

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:26 am

Bogowie - Another great film. 8/10