FIFA 14 Next Gen

The place to discuss everything but soccer
karmakop
First Team
First Team

Re: FIFA 14 Next Gen

Post by karmakop » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Leadcomic wrote:Yo so idk if you guys are familiar with the ESPN soccer program called ESPN FC
TV here in the states or ESPN PressPass as it used to be called in England, but they threw a contest that was:
Want to win FIFA 14? Tell us your favorite and least favorite thing about ESPN FC TV – we’ll pick a winner from each category! #FIFA14ESPNFC
And I responded with this and won. @ESPNFC Least favorite, Shaka's terrible power rankings with very ambiguous selection criteria. Borussia Dortmund's omissions particularly glaring. Give em to Tommy
So now I got a free copy of FIFA that's signed by Drake who was at ESPN promoting the game and was mentioned by name on national television.

shaka is fucking stupid and tommy used to do power rankings for espn and his were even worse. i do however remember tommy smyth commentating espn soccer games like 10 years ago. i miss that shit

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:03 pm

ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Poznaniak
First Team
First Team

Post by Poznaniak » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:23 am

How is the game? Alot of bugs? Big change from Fifa 13?

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Big change from FIFA 13, at first it feels like real football then you get used to the drastically different touch and start exploiting the game again. Lobbed through balls and headers are insanely overpowered
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:15 pm

So i played this on ps4 the other day at a local gamestop. It wwasnt much of an upgrade from current gen. I didnt expect a sports game like fifa to look much different next gen. Its just grass and players for the most part. The other demos were all arcade games.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:34 pm

karmakop wrote:So i played this on ps4 the other day at a local gamestop. It wwasnt much of an upgrade from current gen. I didnt expect a sports game like fifa to look much different next gen. Its just grass and players for the most part. The other demos were all arcade games.

I read that theres 10x more animations in this FIFA 14 but from what ive seen its the same shit as current gen FIFA :lol:

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Picked up a PS4 with Fifa last week.. this shit is crazy, definitely a noticeable difference, the animations are so fluid and the game just feels a lot more realistic when you play.

If anybody wants to play online, add me.. piecyk02

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:37 pm

at first i didnt think the difference was big but i agree its very noticeable.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:53 pm

karmakop wrote:at first i didnt think the difference was big but i agree its very noticeable.
Your buddy here has a PS4 :lol:

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Piecyk02 wrote:Picked up a PS4 with Fifa last week.. this shit is crazy, definitely a noticeable difference, the animations are so fluid and the game just feels a lot more realistic when you play.

If anybody wants to play online, add me.. piecyk02
What are your impressions of the system? I am a PS guy but yet to buy a PS4.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:52 am

I'm not a massive gamer, but I was really getting sick of how stale fifa was this gen and my gf got me the system for Christmas. I've always loved sony and nothing microsoft does ever appeals to me so it was a no brainer getting a PS4. The system looks great and the OS & UI both look and run great. Controller is 10/10, so comfortable and I find myself using the new buttons a lot more than I thought I would. One downside so far is that you have to pay for online play.

Fifa itself is a huge step up. The game looks sharper, crowds are finally much more realistic and that alone makes the game seem much more real. But more than that it really plays and feels much more like a real soccer game, the ball never gets stuck to a player, it does its own thing and possession changes a lot, plus getting by defenders is a lot harder. Shots look much more real and a huge one is the collisions look amazing. Very rarely do you see guys morphing into each other, they collide realistically, fall where they should and grass flies everywhere, it looks unreal. and there is a lot more animations.. shots, headers, tackles, saves everything looks a 100x better and there's a lot more variety. After playing on ps4 no shot I could go back to my ps3, but that's just my 2 cents.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Polska vs Niemcy | Oct 11 | 2:45 EST | WAWRZYNIAK vs Par

Post by Piecyk02 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Poland movin on up in FIFA 15.. we have 12 gold players this year and Krychowiak and Glik are both 79's :clap:

http://www.futhead.com/15/nations/polan ... ll/rating/

No Szukala and Teo though unfortunately

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:14 pm

thats awesome but glik prolly should be closer to 76 77

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:44 am

14 gold players. :wink:

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 am

Kryczowiak - 59 pace? is that a joke? I thought for sure hes atleast a 65-70 range... seems way to slow and where is Zyro?