MS engineer on Xb1

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Re: PS4 / Xbox One

Post by karmakop » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:51 pm

this could be cool. i want more details http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... ten-people

Marty
Location: Stoney Creek (New city of Hamilton), Ontario, Canada

Post by Marty » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Ryse looks terrible, Quick time events galore.

Overall both confrences were bad and disappointing, but If I had to say which console has the upper hand currently its without a doubt PS4. I wont be getting either anytime soon.

Marty

Post by Marty » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:18 pm

karmakop wrote:this could be cool. i want more details http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... ten-people
But on PS4 you can share your games with infinite family members.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Marty wrote:
karmakop wrote:this could be cool. i want more details http://www.gametrailers.com/side-missio ... ten-people
:lol:

Maria

Post by Maria » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:37 am

Marty wrote:
Doesn't have to be just family members. You can share with people anywhere around the world.

People want to trash on MS, but they're the ones who are actually pushing the industry forward. Playing games and snapping a Skype video chat on the side of the screen with a few words? Twitch? The amount of potential Xbox One has is awesome. I really don't see Sony doing anything new with the PS4, and to me it just seems like another PS3 with updated specs.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 am

chriskam wrote:
Marty wrote:
Doesn't have to be just family members. You can share with people anywhere around the world.

People want to trash on MS, but they're the ones who are actually pushing the industry forward. Playing games and snapping a Skype video chat on the side of the screen with a few words? Twitch? The amount of potential Xbox One has is awesome. I really don't see Sony doing anything new with the PS4, and to me it just seems like another PS3 with updated specs.
so is the 360. new systems are very similar in specs.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:43 am

polskaforever wrote:
Marty wrote:

except on ps4 u do that by trading discs. that tends to get a lot more complicated than turning on your xbox, going to friends games and picking one to play. stop being a fanboy, you know its a cool ass feature.

and Chris' point about MS pushing the industry forward is very true. This is exactly why im skeptical of the ps4 even with the better specs. PS3 had better specs than 360 but the functionality of both systems wasnt even close in terms of gaming. MS tends to be more creative with what gamers can do on their device, while Sony tries to make something that looks very impressive but isnt very fun. PS3 boasted very superior graphics but only 2-3 games released that were better looking than anything 360 had. I couldnt even party chat on ps3 til 5 years into the consoles cycle. Lets pray together that ps4 user interface is made for humans this time.

Im getting both systems, but unless games look noticeably better on ps4 than ill be sticking with the xbox one, just cause i know all my friends will have that system. MS will keep coming out with cool features, constantly updating the systema and games, while Sony will once again just boast how good their games look with all those CGI videos.

heres lists of launch titles http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_ ... nch_Titles
http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/ ... nch_Titles

I wont be getting Ryse. on second thought the game just looks pretty, the gameplay will be very repetitive and the campaign will prolly be short with no replay value.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:46 am

karmakop wrote:
polskaforever wrote:
Marty wrote:

except on ps4 u do that by trading discs. that tends to get a lot more complicated than turning on your xbox, going to friends games and picking one to play. stop being a fanboy, you know its a cool ass feature.

and Chris' point about MS pushing the industry forward is very true. This is exactly why im skeptical of the ps4 even with the better specs. PS3 had better specs than 360 but the functionality of both systems wasnt even close in terms of gaming. MS tends to be more creative with what gamers can do on their device, while Sony tries to make something that looks very impressive but isnt very fun. PS3 boasted very superior graphics but only 2-3 games released that were better looking than anything 360 had. I couldnt even party chat on ps3 til 5 years into the consoles cycle. Lets pray together that ps4 user interface is made for humans this time.

Im getting both systems, but unless games look noticeably better on ps4 than ill be sticking with the xbox one, just cause i know all my friends will have that system. MS will keep coming out with cool features, constantly updating the systema and games, while Sony will once again just boast how good their games look with all those CGI videos.

heres lists of launch titles http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_ ... nch_Titles
http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/ ... nch_Titles

I wont be getting Ryse. on second thought the game just looks pretty, the gameplay will be very repetitive and the campaign will prolly be short with no replay value.

Marty

Post by Marty » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:46 pm

My bad I misread the article. I understood it as being able to share your disc with a select 10 people.

Isn't that insta share with 10 people worse then used game sales? Like how many time could a game be lended/resold? Probably less then ten times, but with this family plan a game can be shared instantly a lot more, publishers would probably hate that more than used games.

As for PS4 not being the future? PS4 is all about that cloud gaming. You sound kinda misimformed chris. There is Ustream streaming, just like twitch, they have that Gakai service where they plan to be streaming games, all while not screwing the customer right now.

PS4 has that share button thing too where it records your games and shit, so I mean they both definetly seem like next gen consoles.

Maria

Post by Maria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:47 am

Marty wrote:My bad I misread the article. I understood it as being able to share your disc with a select 10 people.

Isn't that insta share with 10 people worse then used game sales? Like how many time could a game be lended/resold? Probably less then ten times, but with this family plan a game can be shared instantly a lot more, publishers would probably hate that more than used games.

As for PS4 not being the future? PS4 is all about that cloud gaming. You sound kinda misimformed chris. There is Ustream streaming, just like twitch, they have that Gakai service where they plan to be streaming games, all while not screwing the customer right now.

PS4 has that share button thing too where it records your games and shit, so I mean they both definetly seem like next gen consoles.
Let's be honest, who uses Ustream? I also don't want to point fingers, but if Sony are allowing the full 8 gigs of RAM to be used solely for the games, will these functions ever be as seamless as Xbone's divided RAM? How much will I lag while recording games that require the full usage of the PS4's RAM? Will it even be possible? People can criticize a lot of MS' decisions, especially about the RAM, but these days I'm not just looking for the best possible graphics and hardware in a console. I want something exciting, and I really don't get that with PS4.

Mind you, I'm still going to purchase a PS4 later down the line, but I'm going to get the Xbone at first for the games.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 am

chriskam wrote:
Marty wrote:My bad I misread the article. I understood it as being able to share your disc with a select 10 people.

Let's be honest, who uses Ustream? I also don't want to point fingers, but if Sony are allowing the full 8 gigs of RAM to be used solely for the games, will these functions ever be as seamless as Xbone's divided RAM? How much will I lag while recording games that require the full usage of the PS4's RAM? Will it even be possible? People can criticize a lot of MS' decisions, especially about the RAM, but these days I'm not just looking for the best possible graphics and hardware in a console. I want something exciting, and I really don't get that with PS4.

Mind you, I'm still going to purchase a PS4 later down the line, but I'm going to get the Xbone at first for the games.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:22 am

"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Maria

Post by Maria » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Actually, the playing at the same time thing in that picture is a negative for the PS4 and not the Xbone. The Xbone lets two people play the same game with only one purchase. I can buy a game half way across the world and another person on my friends list can play the same game while using my copy.

Those lists are stupid. They find negative points and don't recognize the benefits. Not as bad as the rock one, though.

I heard very similar arguments when Steam first launched. People will be in for a huge surprise when they no longer sell hard copies of games, haha.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:17 pm

chriskam wrote:Actually, the playing at the same time thing in that picture is a negative for the PS4 and not the Xbone. The Xbone lets two people play the same game with only one purchase. I can buy a game half way across the world and another person on my friends list can play the same game while using my copy.

Those lists are stupid. They find negative points and don't recognize the benefits. Not as bad as the rock one, though.

I heard very similar arguments when Steam first launched. People will be in for a huge surprise when they no longer sell hard copies of games, haha.
Um no.

Marty

Post by Marty » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:59 pm

chriskam wrote:

Who uses Ustream? I was simply rebutting the fact that the PS4 will have a streaming service, which is pretty much identical to twitch. Maybe Ustream will spike in Popularity now that PS4 can easily stream on it. I can see it.

Im no developer so I cant comment too much on the the ram issue, but you would think if that is a feature they are advertising they have thought it out and it will work. I'm sure it would be possible, they are so dedicated to this shit they put a button for it on the controller. I think the PS4 is doing almost everything that xbox does while having more benefits in terms of used games, and PS+ giving you a ton of shit (Although I wish online was free). I am certain xbox is not the way to go, and im trying to be as objective as possible considering I dont plan on getting either anytime soon.

Maria

Post by Maria » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:19 am

Marty wrote:
chriskam wrote:

Who uses Ustream? I was simply rebutting the fact that the PS4 will have a streaming service, which is pretty much identical to twitch. Maybe Ustream will spike in Popularity now that PS4 can easily stream on it. I can see it.

Im no developer so I cant comment too much on the the ram issue, but you would think if that is a feature they are advertising they have thought it out and it will work. I'm sure it would be possible, they are so dedicated to this shit they put a button for it on the controller. I think the PS4 is doing almost everything that xbox does while having more benefits in terms of used games, and PS+ giving you a ton of shit (Although I wish online was free). I am certain xbox is not the way to go, and im trying to be as objective as possible considering I dont plan on getting either anytime soon.
I really can't see how they can have a smooth experience with all that RAM being used up. On the Xbone you can video chat and use a whole bunch of applications specifically because they split up the RAM. I don't hold my breath with Sony and their UI. The PS3's home button was crap and it really felt like an afterthought. Features like viewing your friends' trophies are barely even functional.

Maria

Post by Maria » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:06 pm

all your fears have disappeared

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:58 pm

For those lazy to click.

Wow is all I can say. MS did a full 180 on many of these points.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

dczip

Post by dczip » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 pm

I think the Xbox one-eighty finally got their shit together. Next time before they set a plan up, they should poll the audience so they don't look bad on TV.