The place to discuss everything but soccer
Marty
Location: Stoney Creek (New city of Hamilton), Ontario, Canada

Re: PS4 / Xbox One

Post by Marty » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 pm

chriskam wrote:
Marty wrote:
chriskam wrote:
Marty wrote:My bad I misread the article. I understood it as being able to share your disc with a select 10 people.

Isn't that insta share with 10 people worse then used game sales? Like how many time could a game be lended/resold? Probably less then ten times, but with this family plan a game can be shared instantly a lot more, publishers would probably hate that more than used games.

As for PS4 not being the future? PS4 is all about that cloud gaming. You sound kinda misimformed chris. There is Ustream streaming, just like twitch, they have that Gakai service where they plan to be streaming games, all while not screwing the customer right now.

PS4 has that share button thing too where it records your games and shit, so I mean they both definetly seem like next gen consoles.
Let's be honest, who uses Ustream? I also don't want to point fingers, but if Sony are allowing the full 8 gigs of RAM to be used solely for the games, will these functions ever be as seamless as Xbone's divided RAM? How much will I lag while recording games that require the full usage of the PS4's RAM? Will it even be possible? People can criticize a lot of MS' decisions, especially about the RAM, but these days I'm not just looking for the best possible graphics and hardware in a console. I want something exciting, and I really don't get that with PS4.

Mind you, I'm still going to purchase a PS4 later down the line, but I'm going to get the Xbone at first for the games.

Who uses Ustream? I was simply rebutting the fact that the PS4 will have a streaming service, which is pretty much identical to twitch. Maybe Ustream will spike in Popularity now that PS4 can easily stream on it. I can see it.

Im no developer so I cant comment too much on the the ram issue, but you would think if that is a feature they are advertising they have thought it out and it will work. I'm sure it would be possible, they are so dedicated to this shit they put a button for it on the controller. I think the PS4 is doing almost everything that xbox does while having more benefits in terms of used games, and PS+ giving you a ton of shit (Although I wish online was free). I am certain xbox is not the way to go, and im trying to be as objective as possible considering I dont plan on getting either anytime soon.
I really can't see how they can have a smooth experience with all that RAM being used up. On the Xbone you can video chat and use a whole bunch of applications specifically because they split up the RAM. I don't hold my breath with Sony and their UI. The PS3's home button was crap and it really felt like an afterthought. Features like viewing your friends' trophies are barely even functional.
Dude you really think games are going to be using all 8 g's of that ram? You really think SONY is gunna focus the majority of their revealing presentation on things like the share features and they won't work? You can't use this current gen's UI as proof the PS4 will have a bad UI, the PS3 had 512 MB of ram, thats fucking nothing in comparison.

If you can't see that SONY is pulling some next gen shit then I don't know what to say. For example did you know that when you are playing one of your friends could take over your game for you while you go take a dump. I don't really care for those kinds of features but it sounds pretty futuristic to me. Overall I am not hyped at all for the PS4 or Xbox's social features like streaming, or party chat, the reason why I would get one over the other would be because of games. I have put lots of hours into Killzone and InFamous, so those are the kinds of games that are calling me. While the Xbox have their own games, none of them speak to me as much, thats why Im leaning to PS4. But like I said before I dont think Ill be getting either anytime sooon.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:16 pm

dczip wrote:I think the Xbox one-eighty finally got their shit together. Next time before they set a plan up, they should poll the audience so they don't look bad on TV.
According to this: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/x ... -the-past/

They got rid of discless sharing, got rid of discless play of installed games and got rid of redownloading games if your disc becomes unavailable.

Those were good innovative additions to the Xbox One. They should've kept them in addition to their recent announcements. The problem wasn't with those new options, the problem was with them getting rid of old disc functionality and internet connection requirement.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

marty13612

Post by marty13612 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
dczip wrote:I think the Xbox one-eighty finally got their shit together. Next time before they set a plan up, they should poll the audience so they don't look bad on TV.
According to this: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/x ... -the-past/

They got rid of discless sharing, got rid of discless play of installed games and got rid of redownloading games if your disc becomes unavailable.

Those were good innovative additions to the Xbox One. They should've kept them in addition to their recent announcements. The problem wasn't with those new options, the problem was with them getting rid of old disc functionality and internet connection requirement.
I think the reason they reversed most of this shit is because publishers might of not of liked those innovations. Where are publishers gonna lose more money, in a used game that's probably going to be resold at most 3 times, or a family share plan where you can share a game with 10 people. I don't think this was a decision based on the fans, but rather a forced one by publishing companies.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:25 pm

How many people would actually share every game with 10 other people?

I think it is more likely they reversed their stances after an outcry from their shareholders who were probably worried after all the bad publicity the XB1 got from gamers.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Marty wrote:
chriskam wrote:
Marty wrote:
chriskam wrote:
Marty wrote:My bad I misread the article. I understood it as being able to share your disc with a select 10 people.

Isn't that insta share with 10 people worse then used game sales? Like how many time could a game be lended/resold? Probably less then ten times, but with this family plan a game can be shared instantly a lot more, publishers would probably hate that more than used games.

As for PS4 not being the future? PS4 is all about that cloud gaming. You sound kinda misimformed chris. There is Ustream streaming, just like twitch, they have that Gakai service where they plan to be streaming games, all while not screwing the customer right now.

PS4 has that share button thing too where it records your games and shit, so I mean they both definetly seem like next gen consoles.
Let's be honest, who uses Ustream? I also don't want to point fingers, but if Sony are allowing the full 8 gigs of RAM to be used solely for the games, will these functions ever be as seamless as Xbone's divided RAM? How much will I lag while recording games that require the full usage of the PS4's RAM? Will it even be possible? People can criticize a lot of MS' decisions, especially about the RAM, but these days I'm not just looking for the best possible graphics and hardware in a console. I want something exciting, and I really don't get that with PS4.

Mind you, I'm still going to purchase a PS4 later down the line, but I'm going to get the Xbone at first for the games.

Who uses Ustream? I was simply rebutting the fact that the PS4 will have a streaming service, which is pretty much identical to twitch. Maybe Ustream will spike in Popularity now that PS4 can easily stream on it. I can see it.

Im no developer so I cant comment too much on the the ram issue, but you would think if that is a feature they are advertising they have thought it out and it will work. I'm sure it would be possible, they are so dedicated to this shit they put a button for it on the controller. I think the PS4 is doing almost everything that xbox does while having more benefits in terms of used games, and PS+ giving you a ton of shit (Although I wish online was free). I am certain xbox is not the way to go, and im trying to be as objective as possible considering I dont plan on getting either anytime soon.
I really can't see how they can have a smooth experience with all that RAM being used up. On the Xbone you can video chat and use a whole bunch of applications specifically because they split up the RAM. I don't hold my breath with Sony and their UI. The PS3's home button was crap and it really felt like an afterthought. Features like viewing your friends' trophies are barely even functional.
Dude you really think games are going to be using all 8 g's of that ram? You really think SONY is gunna focus the majority of their revealing presentation on things like the share features and they won't work? You can't use this current gen's UI as proof the PS4 will have a bad UI, the PS3 had 512 MB of ram, thats fucking nothing in comparison.

If you can't see that SONY is pulling some next gen shit then I don't know what to say. For example did you know that when you are playing one of your friends could take over your game for you while you go take a dump. I don't really care for those kinds of features but it sounds pretty futuristic to me. Overall I am not hyped at all for the PS4 or Xbox's social features like streaming, or party chat, the reason why I would get one over the other would be because of games. I have put lots of hours into Killzone and InFamous, so those are the kinds of games that are calling me. While the Xbox have their own games, none of them speak to me as much, thats why Im leaning to PS4. But like I said before I dont think Ill be getting either anytime sooon.
they already have screens of the ps4 UI. looks like the current 360 one just blue and not green

Maria

Post by Maria » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:33 am

Marty wrote:
chriskam wrote:
Marty wrote:
chriskam wrote:

If they allow you to use all 8 gigs of RAM, then a game that does would lag with any of these applications running. That's just how it is.

I'm not blaming PS3's UI solely on RAM. The entire UI just felt tacked on, as if they implemented it as an afterthought.

And when I talk about next-gen stuff, I didn't only mean the applications. Even though I think Skype, Twitch, etc, really show how consoles can benefit as a multimedia device, I wanted to see that online console. My ideal vision of a console is a Steam box. I want the sales they have and I want the convenience. MS really should have stuck with their guns and made some slight alterations in policies rather than scrapping a large deal of their vision. I don't want consoles to become stale generation after generation.

And I'm not telling you to NOT buy a PS4. By all means, buy the console you want. I can fully understand why a consumer would want to purchase a product that suits their gaming preferences.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:02 am

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:13 pm

PF, do you still think ps4 has a strong launch lineup?

Marty

Post by Marty » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:35 pm

karmakop wrote:PF, do you still think ps4 has a strong launch lineup?
I'll answer it for him

no it doesn't.

Next Gen in general is looking like a massive flop.

Also Chris I got a vita, and I know this doesnt really garuantee it, but the OS on that thing is so good, you can switch between applications music and games with no problems or lag, even better then my iphone, so I think sony has learned their lesson a bit from PS3, I have less of a doubt that the PS4 OS will be nice and smooth.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:45 pm

im thinkin xbox is gonna rape ps4

Marty

Post by Marty » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:28 am

It won't, at least not any time soon in the short run.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:50 pm

karmakop wrote:im thinkin xbox is gonna rape ps4
:lol:

Im not getting PS4 @ launch :?

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:05 am

i hope you guys watched tonight's South Park episode. :lol: :lol:

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:35 pm

legia_piotr wrote:i hope you guys watched tonight's South Park episode. :lol: :lol:

i didnt. give me a quick summ or post a quick vid.

Marty

Post by Marty » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:07 pm

So Ive read Xbone had the biggest launch of all time, while PS4 had the biggest launch in 1 region. And people are saying gaming is dying and making way for tablet games, and smartphones.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:49 pm

I am purchasing a Xbox. Please post your usertags here.

I will be playing Battlefield 1 and maybe COD/Fifa

Bielawa

Re:

Post by Bielawa » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:42 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:I am purchasing a Xbox. Please post your usertags here.

usertag: dontbuyanxbox

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:35 am

90% of us have PS4, got bf1 and FIFA
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

KoroniarzPL

Re:

Post by KoroniarzPL » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Don't buy an xbox, buy a Playstation 4 :!:

Bielawa

Re: Re:

Post by Bielawa » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:37 pm

KoroniarzPL wrote:

Don't buy an xbox, buy a Playstation 4 :!:
Unless you're a 12 year old girl playing in her parents basement ...then buy an xbox