Fifa vs PES

The place to discuss everything but soccer
Poznaniak
First Team
First Team

Fifa vs PES

Post by Poznaniak » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Please try not to be bias!!! I only want one game. I really liked both demos.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Re: Fifa vs PES

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:56 pm

I haven't payed any attention to PES this year. I assume it's still crap but surprise me.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Listen man, FIFA 13 is really good but so is PES(only played demo) seems like a great sim. If you want to play offline get PES. If you want to play Online FIFA 13 is your game dude the community and online fun to be had is just awesome.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 am

PolishPrancer wrote:Listen man, FIFA 13 is really good but so is PES(only played demo) seems like a great sim. If you want to play offline get PES. If you want to play Online FIFA 13 is your game dude the community and online fun to be had is just awesome.
This.

PES is supposed to be a lot better then last year but its still a very bare bones game, especially online. If you're into playing career mode and like the sim style soccer then maybe its for you but if you want to play online which is where these games shine then fifa for sure

dczip

Post by dczip » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:42 am

Does Fifa really make that much of an improvement from year to year?

Its kind of like Madden (tweak line-ups and maybe offense or defense aspect & and the music)

MarcinSki

Post by MarcinSki » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:07 pm

dczip wrote:Does Fifa really make that much of an improvement from year to year?

Its kind of like Madden (tweak line-ups and maybe offense or defense aspect & and the music)
Na man

I played Madden/NCAA football growing up. Finally got seriously into FIFA last year & I was blown away at how in depth the game is. It blows Madden out of the park.

As for improvement year to year. I think the FIFA franchise is the best at this aspect as well. IMO FIFA13 takes many of the cornerstone Game Modes but better organizes it. For example Virtual Player is now only specific to Online gaming. You can no longer use your VP in exhibition or Career Mode which was basically a way for people to "cheat" level up their guy. But this crippled the online gaming because the game mode was filled with 90 Overall Rating guys. Now the only way to level up is..... playing against other REAL competition.

I'm really into Pro Clubs so this change was huge. They also made searching for opponents more specific. So you don't get matched up against a Club with an ANY & GK if you do not have one on your starting XI. Another huge change

Gameplay also improved. They downgraded the overkill of the finess shot, slower/methodical pace which is only possible with more realistic player competition (No leveled up 90+ overall rating guys), they also changed the heading factor so you & the opponent have to time it right or the ball flies over both your heads. This game is certainly more timing based with defense & passing. Touch on passes is crucial as even decent ground passes will end up sliding up on your team mate & killing the attack.

I just find this gameplay to be more well rounded & even more realistic. I (& my club) got tired of losing matches we dominated because of 1 Counter Attack by a 5 foot 6 midget with an afro that has 95 speed.

There are still so many game modes I have to try out
- Career mode (Always a fan)
- Ultimate Team (I played the entry match yesterday with Kuba as my Captain)
- EAS Challenges
- Arena has been changed to be more challenge based with games such as cross the ball into an area filled with trash cans to challenge your crossing ability. Passing through cones, dribbling past sticks etc. Very similar to Madden Training

As for PES. I know people have been raving about the improved 13 product. I found 12 to be okay, the game play was fun but became too arcade'ish at times. And the lack of licensed teams was a joke. Pretty sure Chelsea wasn't in the game. There is just no way PES will ever match FIFA because FIFA is by far the most in depth video game I have ever seen or played. So they are essentially forced to go the Arcade playing style route. Basically a less of a joke version of NFL Blitz.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Marcin is right about FIFA but wrong about PES. PES is more of a sim. Anyway, make sure you have amazing internet because i just 3 or 4 straight matches because my connection was bad.....
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:06 pm

dczip wrote:Does Fifa really make that much of an improvement from year to year?

that's the story to every sports game... how much could you really improve? Not much... change some movements here and there and animations and new lineups etc other then that it's a waste of money to get a new sports game every year. The way I do it is Buy madden but not fifa one season then next season I get fifa and not madden and I alternate every year.

I may officially be done with Madden though until the really make the game a hell of a lot better which is unlikely, i seem to grow tired of Madden games after a couple months as of where fifa i can play forever and online games don't take nearly as long nor do they lag as much compared to madden.

As to the PES vs Fifa talk. I've never played PES but Fifa is more popular so I'd probably lean that way...

Poznaniak
First Team
First Team

Post by Poznaniak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:11 pm

I don't care for online. I just like to get home and play league/season, buy few players, qualify for CL and have some fun.

dczip

Post by dczip » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:43 pm

I just find (in the last 5-6yrs) that you find a way to play and then have to relearn how to play as they changed something.

Last year I didn't like. If I'm chasing a guy, 50% of time I can't catch, but 100% of time AI gets me. And online mode, as there only seemed to be 3 teams people used.

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:36 am

polskazfynezt69 wrote:

that's the story to every sports game... how much could you really improve? Not much... change some movements here and there and animations and new lineups etc other then that it's a waste of money to get a new sports game every year. The way I do it is Buy madden but not fifa one season then next season I get fifa and not madden and I alternate every year.

I may officially be done with Madden though until the really make the game a hell of a lot better which is unlikely, i seem to grow tired of Madden games after a couple months as of where fifa i can play forever and online games don't take nearly as long nor do they lag as much compared to madden.

As to the PES vs Fifa talk. I've never played PES but Fifa is more popular so I'd probably lean that way...
Completely agree with you about Madden last couple of years no real improvment I bought 2012 and played half a season and i didnt play it again. PES i always favoured ahead of fifa, it had more of a realistic feel while fifa was too fake for me, but it seems fifa is come along way.....maybe ill pick it up and kick some of your asses on xbox mannnnn