POLISH NEWS

The place to discuss everything but soccer
lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:23 am

First trailer released of film on black page in Polish-Ukrainian past

The first trailer has been released of a forthcoming film that grapples with a rash of WWII massacres in Volhynia, currently western Ukraine.

http://www.thenews.pl/1/11/Artykul/2503 ... inian-past

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 am

China's historic project: "One Belt, One Road" - the new silk road

covers 65% of the world’s population, three-quarters of global energy resources and 40% of GDP

Sydney Polak

Re: POLISH NEWS

Post by Sydney Polak » Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 am

no thanks

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Stoner's Creek - Just beyond and above Hamilton's debauchery

Post by JDE » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:29 am

Trump coming to Polska before the G20 summit to discuss extending the refusal to allow Polska to be granted partnership in the US visa waiver program due to our high criminality, intoxication and proclivity to dabble in Islamic terrorism.

Duda to present Trump with a PS4 copy of the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and Kaczynski set to introduce Trump to one of his cats and get a pat on the head for keeping up with NATO's agreed upon GDP percentage share contribution.

Long live Polish-American relations and may they prosper henceforth.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:19 pm

JDE wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:29 am

I would love to see the raw data but believe Polska still has high percentage of people that over stay their eligibility. And ya....marriage within visit.

The list is not shocking to me. I actually thought more nations were granted free visa travel to the USA

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 pm

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:17 am

The Next Economic Powerhouse? Poland

Since Poland completed the transition from Communism to democracy in 1991, its economy has been growing at an average annual rate of 4 percent and, remarkably, has not suffered a single year of negative growth. In those 25 years, Poland’s average income has risen to near $13,000, from $2,300, and it is now on pace to pass the $15,000 mark by the turn of this decade.

Now Eastern Europe is rising, just as quietly, with small nations like the Czech Republic leading the way. Poland is close on its heels. With a population of nearly 40 million and a half-trillion-dollar economy that is already the world’s 24th largest, it is now big enough to put all of Eastern Europe on the global economic map.

Poland is working its way up just as the Asian miracles did, as a manufacturing power, even though this path is much harder now. Manufacturing is declining as a share of the global economy, and with China taking much of this shrinking pie, few other major manufacturing nations are still expanding their share of global exports. That select group of around half a dozen includes South Korea, the Czech Republic — and Poland.

No other sector has as much impact as manufacturing in generating the jobs and productivity gains that can make a nation rich. With its cheap currency and relatively low wages — still one-third those in Germany — Poland is more than competitive with the Asian manufacturing powers. Exports from manufacturing account for 33 percent of G.D.P. in Poland, well above the average for emerging nations of 22 percent.

Moreover, the secret to getting rich is less about speed than stability

https://nyti.ms/2uICE5F

LINK ^
Last edited by lewandowskielbasa on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:21 am

Full Speech ~ 38 minutes.

Beautiful :clap: :poland: [insert USA flag icon]
Last edited by lewandowskielbasa on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by JDE » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:19 pm
JDE wrote:

I would love to see the raw data but believe Polska still has high percentage of people that over stay their eligibility. And ya....marriage within visit.
That's a misconception that has been regurgitated for quite some time and is absolutely incorrect.
As an individual, in club career, he is up there. His legacy for Poland is dismal. I'd even say Ebi. Smolarek was a better striker for Poland - Marty on Lewandowski

You've nevee bought a Thai kit u don't know the quality - Prancer on fashion

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:54 pm

JDE wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm
lewandowskielbasa wrote:
JDE wrote:

That's a misconception that has been regurgitated for quite some time and is absolutely incorrect.
On Polish Reddit I just saw them discussing it.

> Don't know what US govt can do about it, but the Visa Waiver Program website says, that:
A country must meet various requirements to be considered for designation in the Visa Waiver Program. Requirements include, but are not limited to:

having a visitor (B) visa refusal rate of less than three percent;(source)

Meanwhile, the refusal rate for Poland, according to Wikipedia, is 5%. Still two to go.

> They have been trying to do it for years now, Obama promised it. I believe I recall there was some immigration bill couple years ago that had Poland being waivered in it but it didn't pass.

https://www.reddit.com/r/poland/comment ... isa_waiver

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by JDE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:42 pm

lewandowskielbasa wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:54 pm
JDE wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm
lewandowskielbasa wrote:

On Polish Reddit I just saw them discussing it.

> Don't know what US govt can do about it, but the Visa Waiver Program website says, that:
A country must meet various requirements to be considered for designation in the Visa Waiver Program. Requirements include, but are not limited to:

having a visitor (B) visa refusal rate of less than three percent;(source)

Meanwhile, the refusal rate for Poland, according to Wikipedia, is 5%. Still two to go.

> They have been trying to do it for years now, Obama promised it. I believe I recall there was some immigration bill couple years ago that had Poland being waivered in it but it didn't pass.

https://www.reddit.com/r/poland/comment ... isa_waiver

http://www.heritage.org/homeland-securi ... er-program
As an individual, in club career, he is up there. His legacy for Poland is dismal. I'd even say Ebi. Smolarek was a better striker for Poland - Marty on Lewandowski

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by JDE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm

condensed and beautifully edited for the feels

Bielawa

Post by Bielawa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm

JDE wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Watched it about 1,000,000,000 X thanks . Amazing . Gives me goosebumps

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Bielawa wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm
JDE wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Watched it about 1,000,000,000 X thanks . Amazing . Gives me goosebumps
I wouldnt get excited over this speech. Its nice. Its great political marketing.

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Poland’s president unexpectedly intervenes to protect independent courts

> “Poland needs a reform, but a wise one,” Duda said at a morning news conference, adding that he made his decision after conversations with lawyers and politicians but also sociologists and philosophers. “I am aware I will be criticized, probably by both sides of the political scene, but I make my decision with great responsibility for the Polish state.”

Most shocking political move in Poland since? Duda might be securing his own place within the party. His Presidential victory was very slim and he has been viewed up until now as nothing more than a yes-man.

But odd timing waiting til after the protests. Why not come forward before. Calculated or "soul searching"? EU decided before the veto vote they were offering us 1 month to figure things out before getting involved :lol: