Cell Phone plans

The place to discuss everything but soccer
polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:37 pm

karmakop wrote:i just got a samsung nexus galaxy. phone is sleek and fast. got it last night so i dont know how battery is yet.
You made a previous post that android is retarded and you ended up getting one :lol:

Phone looks nice :)

polskadan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by polskadan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:31 pm

karmakop wrote:i just got a samsung nexus galaxy. phone is sleek and fast. got it last night so i dont know how battery is yet.
Nice! I also jumped on board with the androids, got the Droid Razr for the cost of 1 cent! It is the best phone i've ever had, granted this is my first smart phone i've ever had. Funny thing is I am on my third razr in a matter of three weeks....the first one broke in my pocket as I bent over to pick up something, the second's camera did not work, and now I am on my third one which knock on wood is my final one. Amazon tried telling me that it is 'consumer neglect' that the phone broke in my pocket (and that I put it in my pocket for that matter)...which was bullshit, i mean there is even an 'in your pocket' mode on the phone. Also the rep. then told me that it was neglect to not have it in a case (which she offered me one after the fact), but the phone is advertised for its sleek design and 'kevlar' backing (which offer no increased flexural stiffness). Why would you make a phone that 'has' to be in a case to offer the stiffness that it needs? Either way I went on official motorola forums to tell them what happened and most people agreed it was user neglect for putting it in my pocket...saying like, "by god no I would never treat my phone like that...that's just asking for something to happen." It's like wtf when in the cell phone generation did putting a phone in your pocket constitute neglect? Did I skip a beat or something? Anyways I still carry this shit in my pocket (maybe being somewhat stubborn now) and still enjoy it without the case (got the phone b/c of its design) and all in all it is a kickass phone...ignoring the first few incidents that i've had with it.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:54 am

so my brothers battery sucks and mine is good. only difference was that i charged mine to 100 before i even turned it on.

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:47 pm

well i think its come to the day that i finally got a cell phone.

i wanna get a iphone cause its cool but i dont wanna get a iphone cause i don't really like my money going to jewish hands, but eh...whatevea..

so the iphone4 is the newster out there? what is the best phone brand to go for? verizon or atnt?

also how did u get a phone for 1 cent?

jerzy_dudek1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by jerzy_dudek1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:38 am

andyzOr wrote:well i think its come to the day that i finally got a cell phone.

i wanna get a iphone cause its cool but i dont wanna get a iphone cause i don't really like my money going to jewish hands, but eh...whatevea..

so the iphone4 is the newster out there? what is the best phone brand to go for? verizon or atnt?

have you looked into android phones at all?

I got a nexus s phone same shit as iphone basically and is taking over from what ive read and heard.

I pay 35 a month includes caller ID, unlimited texting 200 mb of data if im not using wi fi

I dont use much data cuz Im not a facebook freak and basically use it to check live scores, email, news n shit.

Cheapest iphone plans here in canada are 55 n up a month

polskadan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by polskadan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:20 am

The iphone4 is definitely a very good phone but spec. wise there are android phones out there that beat it such as the samsung galaxy and a few more. In terms of the carrier I honestly do not think you can go wrong with either verizon or at&t, i've had both of them (currently with verizon) and do not really notice a difference, although in consumer reports magazine overall nationwide verizon blows at&t our of the water.

As for the phones for a penny, check out wireless.att.com or wirefly.com or lastly letstalk.com . These are all authorized dealers of the biggest providers in the states. And if you can't find the phone you want for a penny it will surely be a lot cheaper than getting it directly from a provider (they do upgrades too)!

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 pm

polskadan wrote:

The iphone4 is definitely a very good phone but spec. wise there are android phones out there that beat it such as the samsung galaxy and a few more. In terms of the carrier I honestly do not think you can go wrong with either verizon or at&t, i've had both of them (currently with verizon) and do not really notice a difference, although in consumer reports magazine overall nationwide verizon blows at&t our of the water.

As for the phones for a penny, check out wireless.att.com or wirefly.com or lastly letstalk.com . These are all authorized dealers of the biggest providers in the states. And if you can't find the phone you want for a penny it will surely be a lot cheaper than getting it directly from a provider (they do upgrades too)!
http://wireless.amazon.com/

polskadan
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by polskadan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:19 pm

ahh yes that's what i meant with my first link. www.wireless.amazon.com had the best deals when I was looking for a new phone (and is where I got the razr for 1 penny) but i have noticed that wirefly will have better deals occasionally.

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:44 pm

man you fuckin Canadians are paying so much less for phone deals...

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:09 pm

karmakop wrote:so my brothers battery sucks and mine is good. only difference was that i charged mine to 100 before i even turned it on.
how much did u pay for ur phone and what are ur month fees / plan and what not...

i have to ask cuz everyone else here is from Canadia.. :| :|

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:50 pm

andyzOr wrote:man you fuckin Canadians are paying so much less for phone deals...
You kidding? We traditionally pay twice the amount Americans pay.

But we both pay twice as much as the Europeans pay. Lucky bastards. :P

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:15 pm

andyzOr wrote:man you fuckin Canadians are paying so much less for phone deals...
no, we get fucking raped.
Phone plans, internetz, booze...
I bounght a bottle of vodka last weekend in the states for $13 that would have cost me $30 in canada. Im paying like $60+ for phone and data. Thank god my plan is about to expire. We got it bad. Really bad...
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 pm

andyzOr wrote:
karmakop wrote:so my brothers battery sucks and mine is good. only difference was that i charged mine to 100 before i even turned it on.
how much did u pay for ur phone and what are ur month fees / plan and what not...

i have to ask cuz everyone else here is from Canadia.. :| :|
so i actually sell phones. the most important thing you need to figure out is which cell phone provider has the best service in your area. ask around to find out which provider is best in the area. go into a place like bestbuy, which carries most top providers and ask them to do a coverage check for you. pick an areas like ur house or job cuz thats prolly where u'll be using the phone the most. no matter what anybody tells u, pricing isnt that much different for each provider and to have great service u should be willing to pay a tiny bit more. So lets say you pick verizon. Picking a plan is simple and it depends on ur own usage and preferences. u will only need 500mb-2gb of data. only retards who stream shit all day or download movies directly onto their phone will go over 2 gigs. there are similar text bundles on each carrier. 500 for $5 , 1000 for $10 and $20 for unlimited are pretty standard nowadays. minute wise i would start low and u can always change ur plan to upgrade to more minutes. and u can start with minimums in minutes, text and data and then upgrade anytime u want. theres also insurance and it really depends on how clumsy u are and if u buy a case for ur phone... and what type of case. i dont get insurance cuz I never break anything. insurance is generally expensive. $10 a month for smartphones and usually a 150$ deductible. Amazon offers insurance from this company called Square Trade. its just an immediate 1 time fee of $100 which covers the 2 year life of your contract and the deductible is only $50. Amazon also offers u 30 day returns on phones whereas most stores offer 14 day returns or exchanges. but keep in mind that u only have 14 days to cancel ur contract with most service providers. And Sprint doesnt refund its activation fee after 3 days. IDK man theres a ton of shit i can tell u but i gave u some good info. Im not gonna go into phones. read up on differences between IOS and Android and read consumer and professional reviews on phones. go into an authorized retailer to demo the phones live. and dont be annoyed by having to return, cancel or exchange anything. more than likely u'll be signing a 2 year agreement so dont get stuck with garbage. o and find out if u have a work discount on any of the providers.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:55 am

New phone from Sony:

Xperia S

Wyborowa
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Wyborowa » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:03 pm

polskaforever wrote:New phone from Sony:

Xperia S

Yea, but i heard the 1ghz Snapdragon gets slowed down really easy by the android apps.... and I've had nothing but Sony Ericson's since my first phone, but I'm going for the iPhone 4 (not 4s) in a week or so..

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:30 pm

ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:07 pm

5gs LOLOL
Is there even a 5g network in japan?
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:11 am

Wyborowa wrote:
Yea, but i heard the 1ghz Snapdragon gets slowed down really easy by the android apps.... and I've had nothing but Sony Ericson's since my first phone, but I'm going for the iPhone 4 (not 4s) in a week or so..
The phone will have a 1.5GHz processor.

Im still using Xperia X10 but I might upgrade to this phone. Right now I dont see any major new incentives to upgrade to the latest phone on the market.

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:57 pm

PF (or anyone else) what do you think of the new Prada phone coming out?
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:05 pm

polskaforever wrote:
Wyborowa wrote:
The phone will have a 1.5GHz processor.

Im still using Xperia X10 but I might upgrade to this phone. Right now I dont see any major new incentives to upgrade to the latest phone on the market.
1ghz snapdragon is an old processor.