Ron Paul

The place to discuss everything but soccer
SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:25 pm

AKsoldier wrote:I was away on vacation to Cancun so I couldn't post, but Ron Paul got a respectable 3rd place with around 21% of the vote in the Iowa caucus. I was disappointed at first but reminded myself that this is a marathon and not a sprint. The New Hampshire primaries are coming up and I'm hoping for a solid second place finish. Here are some Ron Paul highlights from yesterday's debate.

Yeah I expected him to be second in Iowa but Santorum just came out of nowhere and got second. He only lost out of first by 7 votes. But I hate the guy and Paul is the first candidate I really liked in years. So far so good.

darius19

Post by darius19 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:35 pm

AKsoldier wrote:I was away on vacation to Cancun so I couldn't post, but Ron Paul got a respectable 3rd place with around 21% of the vote in the Iowa caucus. I was disappointed at first but reminded myself that this is a marathon and not a sprint. The New Hampshire primaries are coming up and I'm hoping for a solid second place finish. Here are some Ron Paul highlights from yesterday's debate.

I am writing from Playa del Carmen! Leaving tomorrow :( where did you stay?

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:58 am

darius19 wrote:

I stayed at the Blue Bay Esmeralda, also in Playa Del Carmen. Enormous hotel ( it was a 10 minute walk from my room to the beach).
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:05 am

Ron Paul second place in New Hampshire. Not bad. Soon Perry and others will drop out and that's when things will get interesting.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:22 am

Ron Paul actually got a chance at winning this?
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:48 am

PolishPrancer wrote:Ron Paul actually got a chance at winning this?
no, it's gonna be Romney. but he could threaten to go third party to screw over the GOP. that would be interesting.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Ron Paul has lots of good ideas, but he has just as many horrible ideas...

Personally, I don't want any of these guys to get elected. :lol:

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 pm

ron paul is a 90 year old disaster waiting to happen. the guy doesnt even know the times were living in. "Ron Paul has many good ideas" and so does every presidential candidate. none of them ever do shit. I just have this gut feeling that Ron Paul is just a closet psycho.

darius19

Post by darius19 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:18 pm

AKsoldier wrote:
darius19 wrote:

I stayed at the Blue Bay Esmeralda, also in Playa Del Carmen. Enormous hotel ( it was a 10 minute walk from my room to the beach).
Duuude. I stayed at Ocean Royale, which I think was the resort right next to yours. We could have had a few beers together. If I am right then I fucked my girl on your beach :D

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:45 pm

karmakop wrote:ron paul is a 90 year old disaster waiting to happen. the guy doesnt even know the times were living in. "Ron Paul has many good ideas" and so does every presidential candidate. none of them ever do shit. I just have this gut feeling that Ron Paul is just a closet psycho.
Where do I begin :roll:

First off, Ron Paul is not 90 years old. And yes, he does know the time we are living in. Every president has good ideas... ya.. most of the GOP candidates won't cut spending, are eager to go to war with Iran (a war that we can't afford) and are in bed with corporate America and lobbyist. Except for Ron Paul of course. His "psycho" ideas of cutting spending, smaller government, free market, not going to war and not being bought by lobbyist is so "horrible" :roll:. But seriously, tell me what's so psycho about all that?

Former CIA bin Laden hunter Michael Scheuer, Endorses Ron Paul

Last edited by AKsoldier on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 am

darius19 wrote:
AKsoldier wrote:
darius19 wrote:

Duuude. I stayed at Ocean Royale, which I think was the resort right next to yours. We could have had a few beers together. If I am right then I fucked my girl on your beach :D
Nothing like drinking a Sex on the Beach while having sex on the beach :D
BTW, they actually had Wyborowa vodka at my hotel.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:50 am

Fuck all this, Stephen Colbert is hinting on running in South Carolina. He's got this in the bag.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:30 am

Ron Paul wants to cut spending on all the science departments. FUCK THAT. That is America's and indeed the world's future right there.

Cut fucking military which absolutely dwarfs the sciences already.

----

I don't like discussing American Politics too much so I will keep this short. Ron Paul has a lot of negative qualities but the biggest one for me (other than his racist and homophobic qualities :roll:) is that Ron Paul is clearly out of touch with reality.

umbro2914

Post by umbro2914 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:44 am

Just returned from New Hampshire where I was helping Ron Paul win. WE got fantastic results in NH, a strong second.

polskaGOLA, similarly to your absurd soccer analysis, your US political analysis is also dead wrong. Paul does call for cutting military funding back to 2006 levels. And what does "spending on all science departments" mean? There is millions of dollars of science research coming out of private universities, so not sure what you think the role of government should be in this.

Ron Paul out of touch with reality?
He received 49% of the 18-29 vote in New Hampshire. The people who actually use the internet and can research the truth support Paul, and those that only watch lying FOX & MSM unfortunetly think Paul is "dangerous" because thats what they talking heads say.

I'm very happy to have a serious discussion about Ron Paul, but to do so you need to outline specifically what you disagree with that Ron Paul says, and not just such empty statements like
"he has some good ideas but a lot more bad ideas"
or that hes "out of touch with reality" what does this mean? please explain so we can discuss.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 am

The congressman from Texas and Republican candidate unveiled a budget plan yesterday to reduce the deficit that would eliminate five federal departments: Energy, Commerce, Interior, Education, and Housing and Urban Development. In one fell swoop, such a step would erase, among other programs, the Energy Department's $5-billion Office of Science, the $4.5-billion National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the $750-million National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the $1.1-billion U.S. Geological Survey.

Paul would also end funding for all research programs at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, although the department itself would be preserved at its current budget. And he would pare roughly $7 billion from the current $30-billion budget for the National Institutes of Health within the Department of Health and Human Services. The document, "A Plan to Restore America," is silent on the fate of two independent research agencies: the $7-billion National Science Foundation, and NASA, whose $18.5-billion budget includes $5 billion for space science.
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsid ... ns-in.html

I guess it's only fair I provide a source.

When I return to work I'll get back to you for a proper discussion.

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:46 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Ron Paul wants to cut spending on all the science departments. FUCK THAT. That is America's and indeed the world's future right there.

----

I don't like discussing American Politics too much so I will keep this short. Ron Paul has a lot of negative qualities but the biggest one for me (other than his racist and homophobic qualities :roll:) is that Ron Paul is clearly out of touch with reality.
Ron Paul is racist and homophobic ?? Damn, wish i would vote... :lol:

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:45 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Ron Paul wants to cut spending on all the science departments. FUCK THAT. That is America's and indeed the world's future right there.

----

You don't like discussing American politics.... and that's a good thing because you know fuck all about it. How in the hell is Ron Paul racist and homophobic? If your thinking about those bullshit Newsletters, then do some actually research before writing stupid shit like that... but then again it's coming from you so I'm not surprised.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 am

umbro2914 wrote:Just returned from New Hampshire where I was helping Ron Paul win. WE got fantastic results in NH, a strong second.
Awesome!

We need a good showing in South Carolina but I heard Florida is out of our reach. We have to remember, this is a marathon and not a sprint.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

TheWhiteStarArmy
First Team
First Team

Post by TheWhiteStarArmy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:55 am

Even though he has a snowball's chance in hell at winning, even if he did win the nomination and then if he did become president, few if any of the things he's calling for would go through. The House and Congress would never pass the things he's calling for.

And anyway, usually when people like to call things "blatantly unconstitutional," it usually means they don't have a clue what they're talking about. He can talk about things being unconstitutional all he wants, but the Supreme Court (the actual judge of those things) disagrees with him.

umbro2914

Post by umbro2914 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:46 pm

TheWhiteStarArmy wrote:Even though he has a snowball's chance in hell at winning, even if he did win the nomination and then if he did become president, few if any of the things he's calling for would go through. The House and Congress would never pass the things he's calling for.

And anyway, usually when people like to call things "blatantly unconstitutional," it usually means they don't have a clue what they're talking about. He can talk about things being unconstitutional all he wants, but the Supreme Court (the actual judge of those things) disagrees with him.
sure sure.
Of course everything Paul stands for wont change. No candidate ever gets everything they want. But think of it this way.
Ron Paul ................................................... Mitt Romney....... Obama

If you want change from Obama, and you vote for Romney, look how little change will eventually come about. But if you vote for Paul, sure you wont get all of Paul's changes, but even meeting half way between Paul and OBama is much more change than Romney.

Ron Paul just rose to 20% in South Carolina, up from 9%. Nothings over yet.