Ron Paul

The place to discuss everything but soccer
umbro2914

Ron Paul

Post by umbro2914 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Anyone in the states thinking of supporting him this time around?
I think he's the only legit person out there, not a politician but a down to earth guy who tells you the truth, and not just what you want to hear.
And I think he'll be a serious contender this time around, and may win a few states if not the nomination.
Anyone else watch the debates and have an opinion on him / the presidential election?
[Yeah, i realize its still early, but was just on my mind]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9Oei ... r_embedded

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:27 am

Same thing will happen as it did last election. All the media companies will mysteriously stop giving him air time.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Mi-Sex
First Team
First Team

Post by Mi-Sex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:11 am

For the most part I agree with a lot of Ron Pauls views
if i was american and if i gave a fuck about politics and bothered to votes then i would support him
koniec pzpn
polska 2014 world cup champions this time it will be different

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:43 am

Great topic. RON PAUL 2012!!!

I have never voted, partly because I haven't liked any of the candidates. Ron Paul is the first candidate that I truly support and I believe that he is genuine and can make a difference.

Here's a John Stewart piece on how the mass media is ignoring Ron Paul.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-a ... e-top-tier
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 pm

other than his foreign policy stances he's completely nuts about everything. this idiot wants to return to the gold standard. his idiot senator son called public health care basically slavery for doctors. he thinks social security is a ponzi scheme. he's just an idiot populist. i support his anti-war and let's cut the pentagon budget and stop the drug war, but everything else he talks about is based on crazy Austrian economics.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Go check out what social security is and what a ponzi scheme is. social security is not like a ponzi scheme, it is a ponzi scheme, literally. The gold standard is kinda retarded, what he should really do is get rid of the federal reserve, or at least make it a FEDARAL program.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

umbro2914

Post by umbro2914 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:02 pm

even if some things sound unrealistic, ie the gold standard, you have to realize that the president is not a dictator, and cant do everything, lol so even if he were to win, congress would certainly not pass a gold standard. ( i think its crazy too ) But the truth behind it is, is that our dollar is being constantly devalued, because of the actions of the federal reserve, as they keep printing money, and everyone knows that if you keep making more of something, the value of it drops. COMMON SENSE! lol

Hetman, just because you dont agree / like someone, no reason to attack their character. your acting like metro. I happen to find austrian economics to make much more sense than keynesian (spend during recession, yeah right, too much spending is what caused the problem in the first place, its illogical)

I'm pleasantly surprised that there are people on here that support him too. Hope everyone's registered Republican to vote for him in the primaries, because it looks like this will be a long campaign, and not just the first 2-3 states like usual.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:24 pm

What you don't understand is that the president can throw out the congress. Its happened before. Should happen again. Congress has been bought and is only detrimental to the united states.

Umbro, you don't realize what an economy is. Its not how much money a country has but how well money flows within the country. During a recession, a country needs to spend more on infrastructure, resulting in a small increase in jobs and an increase in productive efficiency. Then in turn there will be more money to spend on products(made in China)... What the states/world need to do is HEAVILY tax anything from China, protecting products made in first world countries rather than a piece of shit like China that abuses their inflation resulting in making their products cheaper and more dominant against foreign products.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

TheWhiteStarArmy
First Team
First Team

Post by TheWhiteStarArmy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Hetman wrote:other than his foreign policy stances he's completely nuts about everything. this idiot wants to return to the gold standard. his idiot senator son called public health care basically slavery for doctors. he thinks social security is a ponzi scheme. he's just an idiot populist. i support his anti-war and let's cut the pentagon budget and stop the drug war, but everything else he talks about is based on crazy Austrian economics.
I'm with you.

umbro2914

Post by umbro2914 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm

yeah but Nitram, you're advocating for a continuation of Keynesian policies, which for the most part have proven to fail for the past 60 years. Why is it best to increase spending during a recession? You have to first realize why a recession came about, because people did not SAVE enough. people over-extended themselves, taking mortgages they KNEW they could never afford, the government was artificially stimulating the housing market by giving these loans to people who would normally NEVER qualify based on income/price of house.
So it was only a matter of time before the boom would turn into a bust, since it was an artificial boom. Thus the recession is a natural occurance seeking to correct the problem. And the correction is having people save, stop spending more than they make, pay off debts, etc. Instead, Obama/Bush policies and Keynesian in general say ALL people need to do is just SPEND MORE. what? it just seems ridiclious. Ok, so unemployment will drop, and everything will be ok, but the bigger problem is not solved. And the next recession is just around the corner because people have not corrected their ways, poorly managed businesses were Not allowed to fail, and so on. Recessions suck, but depressions suck even more, and if a recession is not allowed to correct the markets problems, a depression will come around.
Also, your idea of raising tarriffs is not a good one, throughout history, when the U.S. has raised tarrifs it has only hurt the economy.

What people need now is less taxes so they can save that money and invest it or do whatever. And yes, I agree with you that the US should invest in infrastructure, thats one of the main goals of government. And so we should end our wars so we have $$ to pay for bridges and roads here in the USa, instead of a-stan.

umbro2914

Post by umbro2914 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:10 pm

But i dont really want to get into a big political argument. So we'll just have to watch and see how the campaign goes

Pan Borkowski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pan Borkowski » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Hetman wrote:crazy Austrian economics.
LOL WUT?

I use the Austrian school method for my own personal investments, much thanks to the help and direction from reading Peter Schiff's books. The returns on my investments are quite amazing right now... and they are only getting better. The Austrian school is the only way to go...

You are a silly guy. Go buy some Netflix stock, amateur.

Pan Borkowski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pan Borkowski » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:21 pm

nitram wrote:social security is not like a ponzi scheme, it is a ponzi scheme, literally.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:25 pm

People saving money is terrible for the economy. Don't get this mixed up with taking loans they can't pay back. If you don't understand this, you don't understand basic macro economics. Spending is what boosts the economy. What the States needs to do is make its own products more competitive on the domestic and foreign markets.

The housing bubble was created to fix the nasdaq bubble in the 90's. Not to mention credit cards were made popular in the 90's to boost spending power and avoid a recession in the 90's.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:28 pm

I am also a big fan of Peter Schiff. Too bad when i was in college and had a ton of money(worked at Chrysler 33$/h), i listened alot to what Peter Schiff had to say but didn't follow along with it. I have already invested in 1 kg of silver but i did it late when the value was already up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:32 pm

umbro2914 wrote:But i dont really want to get into a big political argument. So we'll just have to watch and see how the campaign goes
So you would take ignorance over a possibly enlightening argument?
This is why democracy has failed.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:33 pm

nitram wrote:Go check out what social security is and what a ponzi scheme is. social security is not like a ponzi scheme, it is a ponzi scheme, literally. The gold standard is kinda retarded, what he should really do is get rid of the federal reserve, or at least make it a FEDARAL program.
social security is not a ponzi scheme, that assertion is pure propaganda.

http://www.ssa.gov/history/ponzi.htm

the Federal reserve is part of the government. the president appoints the chairman. all people on the board have to be approved by Congress. the FED doesn't have to do what the president or congress want, but that's for obvious reasons. you don't want the guys who can print money to be the ones who spend it too. history tells that always goes wrong. central banks have to be independent. independent doesn't mean they do what they want. in fact any profits they make go straight to the treasury. it's not a bank for business, but to intervene in markets to ensure inflation stays low and to get as close to full employment as possible.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Hetman wrote:
nitram wrote:Go check out what social security is and what a ponzi scheme is. social security is not like a ponzi scheme, it is a ponzi scheme, literally. The gold standard is kinda retarded, what he should really do is get rid of the federal reserve, or at least make it a FEDARAL program.
social security is not a ponzi scheme, that assertion is pure propaganda.

http://www.ssa.gov/history/ponzi.htm

the Federal reserve is part of the government. the president appoints the chairman. all people on the board have to be approved by Congress. the FED doesn't have to do what the president or congress want, but that's for obvious reasons. you don't want the guys who can print money to be the ones who spend it too. history tells that always goes wrong. central banks have to be independent. independent doesn't mean they do what they want. in fact any profits they make go straight to the treasury. it's not a bank for business, but to intervene in markets to ensure inflation stays low and to get as close to full employment as possible.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING? bjgbfasilgbfawsilafwsvbgiupafvoiv
More like the chairman appoints the president/congress....
The federal reserve does not print the money, the mint does, whenever the reserve asks for it, and this doesn't stop the government from ridiculous spending.
Last edited by nicram on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Heres a kiddy video for you and whoever wants to watch...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Thomas Jefferson
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt