Are fans/commentators/reporters this dumb in NA??

The place to discuss everything but soccer
scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team

Are fans/commentators/reporters this dumb in NA??

Post by scyzor_tay » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I was at the TFC game on Saturday.. garbage game, wont go into detail.. anyways I went on the http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/ forum today posted my 2 cents on the game.

There was a red card in the 25min .. you can see the video here http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/consol ... =2&id=1995
Nick Garcia Receives a Red Card 06/05/2010
"Following a questionable call, Nick Garcia receives a red card in the first half of the game against Kansas City." :roll:

So these commentators, reporters and players think its no way a red card.. "mis-timed" lol... "only a foul" .. lol.. "harsh"

So I literally made like 4 or 5 posts explaining to these morons its a clear red card.. studs up, knee high, ball is on the ground and the guy got a cut on his is just proof of contact. These morons are trying to tell me he played the ball.. and it wasnt a red card.

10 seconds later Im banned.. :lol: apparently I was insulting the members .. calling them amatuers and not normal.. :lol:

Can anyone see the posts? Its in the Post Match TFC vs Kansas City topic page 6... let me know I want to see what these morons say.

These are the type of people running supporter groups in MLS, these are the type of fans going to all the games, these are the people that work as commentators in MLS, these are the reporters.. all morons.. dont know anything about the sport itself. This is probably the reason NA soccer will never compare to other places in the world.

Last but not least, the players who are professional.. equally as dumb?
Check the video "Adrian Cann PostMatch 06/05/2010" .. this moron says "If I was a referee, it wouldnt be a red, never" .. should have "only been a foul." :lol:

darius19

Post by darius19 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Clearly a card, at least a yellow. Some refs would probably give red, some yellow but that was super dangerous. His foot was nowehere near the ball. WTF was he thinking?

Beefstar

Post by Beefstar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:32 pm

it was clumsy. he was looking at the ball coming in high and missed it. i disagree. it's not a red. it's a yellow for a clumsy challenge, but not a red. the commentators were right that it was harsh.
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Beefstar wrote:it was clumsy. he was looking at the ball coming in high and missed it. i disagree. it's not a red. it's a yellow for a clumsy challenge, but not a red. the commentators were right that it was harsh.
I totally agree. He was looking at the ball the entire time and missed it. Definetly NOT a straight red. Its not like he slid in with studs up, he made an attempt at kicking the ball while it was in the air and missed... the fact that the KC player was there doesn't mean it was a red.

And its pretty clear why you were banned...
"Euro 2012 will be a tournament of upsets.... I know I'm already upset about Poland"

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:45 pm

i dont think it matters if its unintentional. He hurt the guy studs up, def a red. That looked like such a hal ass attempt for the ball that who knows what he was doin. Pros know how to foul and make it look like an honest mistake and dirty players know how to injure and make it look accidental.

Theres been many unintentional red cards.

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:47 pm

karmakop wrote:i dont think it matters if its unintentional. He hurt the guy studs up, def a red.

There have been tons of plays where a keeper gets hurt because he goes for a ball and colides with an opposing player and no red cards.. being hurt does not equal a red card, if it does then you would see a shit ton of red cards every game. It depends on the play and situation, thats why you have refs and not robots.
"Euro 2012 will be a tournament of upsets.... I know I'm already upset about Poland"

d0m
First Team
First Team

Post by d0m » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Id lean towards a red card but ive seen those been given a yellow. I dont think the replay shows where garcia was looking. Maybe the ref saw him look up at the guys knee as he went in, if so i can see why it was giving a red.

Either way his foot shouldnt be shaped with studs up if he was genuinely challenging for the ball. You take a risk when you go in with your studs coz if you miss the ball and hit the man theres a big chance youre taking a walk.

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Wont be my last game... enjoy TFC games but no different than CSL or top OSL team quality. There are better players in CSL and/or OSL but these players get no look.. shame.
you really think the shitty CSL and the OSL have better players than MLS....

:lol:

no wonder you're banned

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:17 pm

Czas Na EB wrote:
karmakop wrote:i dont think it matters if its unintentional. He hurt the guy studs up, def a red.

There have been tons of plays where a keeper gets hurt because he goes for a ball and colides with an opposing player and no red cards.. being hurt does not equal a red card, if it does then you would see a shit ton of red cards every game. It depends on the play and situation, thats why you have refs and not robots.
I'm not saying cuz he got hurt, but combo of studs up and injury.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:32 pm

scyzor_tay, how much were the tickets that you bought? I wanted to go to a game but the cheapest tickets were like $17 and i don't want to pay that much to watch a shitty "soccer" team play.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Michal
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Michal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:08 pm

speaking of Red cards, check out these disgusting tackles that shuld ahve been given red.

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team

Post by scyzor_tay » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:30 am

nitram wrote:scyzor_tay, how much were the tickets that you bought? I wanted to go to a game but the cheapest tickets were like $17 and i don't want to pay that much to watch a shitty "soccer" team play.
I got them free... I get all tickets free... you think Im ever paying to see them again? Hell no..... :lol:
Michal wrote:speaking of Red cards, check out these disgusting tackles that shuld ahve been given red.

I agree... again... studs up.. just reckless.. should be given a red card for dangerous play. Those two tackles were really bad.. first one especially. :shock:
Benek wrote:
Wont be my last game... enjoy TFC games but no different than CSL or top OSL team quality. There are better players in CSL and/or OSL but these players get no look.. shame.
you really think the shitty CSL and the OSL have better players than MLS....

:lol:

no wonder you're banned
Just because you are a slob doesnt mean you have to agree with them. You dont know shit... when is the last time you could run 90minutes in a good level soccer game and know what it is like to play??... my friend played for Italian Shooters when they beat Toronto FC 4-1 last season in a friendly... TFC players were shook.... they were crying using excuses.... GS United of OSL can easily play on TFC level.. dont doubt the CSL... there is good players in the league and the level is not any different.. the only difference is the money involved.
A player like Gabe Gala for example... I know players that played WITH him that are stronger, faster, better technique and better players overall that are still playing in OSL or CSL. You think soccer is a joke? You think only good players exist in MLS and USL or in college... dont kid me. GS United went to Penn State for preseason 2 years ago and shook Penn State easy.. my friend said Penn State was fit as hell but the players were garbage.

Maybe 3-4 years ago there was a team from Ottawa called Ottawa St Anthony.... they played in the Ottawa district Premier League but this team killed Canada, they won everything... league cup, league, Ontario Cup, Canada Cup and Canada Open Cup.... if they were still around with that squad they could eat TFC.. ever since TFC came in they are scared to play a Open Canada Cup tournament bc they know they could get embarrassed by CSL or OSL teams. Now there is a 3 team competition for Canada Cup and whoever wins calls themselves champions of canada.. lol joke. The Open Canada Cup hasnt been played since 2007.
karmakop wrote:i dont think it matters if its unintentional. He hurt the guy studs up, def a red. That looked like such a hal ass attempt for the ball that who knows what he was doin. Pros know how to foul and make it look like an honest mistake and dirty players know how to injure and make it look accidental.

Exactly.. unintentional or not... studs up, knee high is a clumsy reckless dangerous challenge. It is a red card. Anyone saying its not is retarded... those guys on the forum were telling me HE PLAYED THE BALL.. ummm... played the ball??? :roll:

The commentator said MIS-TIMED...... how do you "MIS-TIME" a tackle with your studs up coming in at knee level when the ball is on the ground and put a gash in the players leg?? How?? :lol:

Sex Offender
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sex Offender » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:11 am

Thats a straight red! NO QUESTIONS...even if it was accidental, and it DIDN'T look like he was trying to infict any harm, he was too high up with his studs and NO ONE should be going for a ball that way.

Michal
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Michal » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:26 am

id say it was borderline red... some refs would give it a yellow, some red

d0m
First Team
First Team

Post by d0m » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:40 am

Michal wrote:id say it was borderline red... some refs would give it a yellow, some red
in a nutshell.

Dj Domino
First Team
First Team

Post by Dj Domino » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

scyzor_tay wrote:Maybe 3-4 years ago there was a team from Ottawa called Ottawa St Anthony.... they played in the Ottawa district Premier League but this team killed Canada, they won everything... league cup, league, Ontario Cup, Canada Cup and Canada Open Cup.... if they were still around with that squad they could eat TFC.. ever since TFC came in they are scared to play a Open Canada Cup tournament bc they know they could get embarrassed by CSL or OSL teams. Now there is a 3 team competition for Canada Cup and whoever wins calls themselves champions of canada.. lol joke. The Open Canada Cup hasnt been played since 2007.
That... that's just not true at all. That Ottawa St. Anthony's team was nowhere near the level of TFC.

Czas Na EB
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Czas Na EB » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 am

scyzor_tay wrote:
The commentator said MIS-TIMED...... how do you "MIS-TIME" a tackle with your studs up coming in at knee level when the ball is on the ground and put a gash in the players leg?? How?? :lol:
Too bad the mods don't ban you from this forum. You went on a TFC forum after a game to argue a shitty call and you got banned... cry me a fucking river.

WHy the fuck do you keep saying it was a tackle when clearly he was going for the ball and missed like a fool. The fact that the opposing player got in the way of his swing means nothing. You obviously are the one who thinks that youre the shit in terms of soccer cuz you watch a ton of EPL games?

If you actually read what people posted on the TFC forum and then saw your childish repsonses calling people names and shit like you are right now here calling people retards then you'd understand that youre only making your self look like a bigger tool.

You came here looking for us to all agree with your POV and most of us don't... which should tell you something

:roll:

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team

Post by scyzor_tay » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Czas Na EB wrote:
scyzor_tay wrote:
Too bad the mods don't ban you from this forum. You went on a TFC forum after a game to argue a shitty call and you got banned... cry me a fucking river.

WHy the fuck do you keep saying it was a tackle when clearly he was going for the ball and missed like a fool. The fact that the opposing player got in the way of his swing means nothing. You obviously are the one who thinks that youre the shit in terms of soccer cuz you watch a ton of EPL games?

If you actually read what people posted on the TFC forum and then saw your childish repsonses calling people names and shit like you are right now here calling people retards then you'd understand that youre only making your self look like a bigger tool.

You came here looking for us to all agree with your POV and most of us don't... which should tell you something

:roll:
What do you mean why do I keep saying it was a tackle? Tackle... challenge... same thing... I didnt bring the topic for people to agree with me... but read the title... everyone that goes to TFC games and watches doesnt know shit about what is happening on the field. You have people yelling red card for every single foul... yelling yellow card for shoulder to shoulder.. yelling "why doesnt he just shoot from there" when the player was 40 yards out.. talking about how "DeRo is the best player on the field right now" when he was doing shit all on the field.... and then when it comes down to a clumsy challenge that a TFC player did, they are wondering how it is a red card when out of all the challenges/tackles/fouls all game that was the most deserving of a red card.

I dont know about other MLS games but I take it they are the same.. have you ever been to a TFC game yet.. half of the people around you are not even watching the game.. half of the people are talking about shit thats not soccer related, constantly taking pictures, leaving there seats to get food and miss 25mins of the game.. literally.. its pretty ridiculous... 21 thousand people counted at the game but when you look at the seats you see empty seats everywhere. But when something happens on the field they all have something to say about it. There is no soccer culture here.

And how the reporters follow along with it.. you would think they know a little more about the sport they are reporting.. do they watch the replay before they say anything about it? In TOP level soccer (EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, CL, WC, Euro, etc) a studs up challenge/tackle of any kind is usually a straight red. The top referees in the world will even give some players a red card for studs up without even touching a player and anyone who watches EPL, La Liga, etc has seen it before. And that is my whole point. It doesnt really matter it if is unintentional or not at this point or a totally horrible tackle.. no. This was a soft challenge because he barely hit him but reckless.. imagine if his foot went on the inside of the players leg hitting his knee.. it could be a bad injury. So if MLS wants to be like a top level league, everyone has to look up to the top level leagues.. referees in MLS are good for the most part.. but the commentators and reporters that broadcast their information to fans do not seem to be on that level.

It has nothing to do with name calling... that is just an exucse they could ban me for.. that was my mistake.. but the only reason they were mad is because I was on there talking about something they never realized in there life... it doesnt matter who your team is or who your favourite player is.. but when that team or player makes a bad tackle, or gives away a penalty and it is deserved.. why do you make it seem like they are innocent meanwhile if the player from the other team did the same you would agree with it. Guy asked me why I was attacking the one player.. bc the one player they interviewed is a idiot.. saying if he was a referee that it would never be a red card, just a foul.

Yea it was childish of me to call them names but what do you expect.. you have a bunch of dudes who sit on a forum and think they are right about everything.. I just came on to post some realistic shit.. I wasnt there posting "Im right, your wrong".. Someone is going to come along once in a while and tell them they are idiots. You are acting like I care if I got banned.

The one guy posted reasons how players can get red cards and checked all of them off saying No.. how amateur do you have to be to go into the rule book to see why a player can be sent off.. plus meanwhile one of the reasons was "Serious Foul Play." Those challenges are go into that category nowadays.
Last edited by scyzor_tay on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

scyzor_tay
First Team
First Team

Post by scyzor_tay » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Sex Offender wrote:Thats a straight red! NO QUESTIONS...even if it was accidental, and it DIDN'T look like he was trying to infict any harm, he was too high up with his studs and NO ONE should be going for a ball that way.
Exactly!!
Dj Domino wrote:
scyzor_tay wrote:Maybe 3-4 years ago there was a team from Ottawa called Ottawa St Anthony.... they played in the Ottawa district Premier League but this team killed Canada, they won everything... league cup, league, Ontario Cup, Canada Cup and Canada Open Cup.... if they were still around with that squad they could eat TFC.. ever since TFC came in they are scared to play a Open Canada Cup tournament bc they know they could get embarrassed by CSL or OSL teams. Now there is a 3 team competition for Canada Cup and whoever wins calls themselves champions of canada.. lol joke. The Open Canada Cup hasnt been played since 2007.
That... that's just not true at all. That Ottawa St. Anthony's team was nowhere near the level of TFC.
Please explain why? Ill hear what you have to say first..

Dj Domino
First Team
First Team

Post by Dj Domino » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:23 pm

scyzor_tay wrote:
Sex Offender wrote:Thats a straight red! NO QUESTIONS...even if it was accidental, and it DIDN'T look like he was trying to infict any harm, he was too high up with his studs and NO ONE should be going for a ball that way.
Exactly!!
Dj Domino wrote:
Please explain why? Ill hear what you have to say first..
I dunno, I've seen them play and I've seen TFC play and from what I've seen they are nowhere near that level. They were a very good team, but they barely beat out the Cataraqui Clippers in the league and Ontario Cup (if this is the same team we're thinking of, it must be). My brother used to play for that team, I actually went to the Ontario Cup game they played against each other, I think it was the quarters? Either way, it was way too early for them to play against each other. It was a very intense game, some of the best soccer I've seen at that level. But still, it is nowhere near MLS level.