polishsoccer.com history

The place to discuss everything but soccer
TheWhiteDreamsOfLife

Post by TheWhiteDreamsOfLife » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:56 pm

jastkowice wrote:
andyzOr wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
Kolejorz22 wrote:I definitely think the level of posting has gone down. Especially the Polish NT threads and Polish League ones. Lot of the most knowledgable guys have gone over to PolishFootballOnline and other portals. I don't post as much but still come here just out of pure habit.

Mods could clean this place up a bit TBH.
I agree with you that the level of posting has gone down, but you cant say most of the knowledgeable guys left.

Ive checked the PFO forums before its nothing special - yes Chris and Piotr run it they know what they are talking about other than those guys there is like 5 consistent users.... Plus they don't update their website as much as it should be...

The best combination right now, is Poland Soccer Blog and Polish soccer.com, i might be a bit biased because I write there but we have 5 writers and it the most up to date site for all that is Polish soccer.

As for forums this is the easiest and most comfortable forum around - maybe cuz I'm so used to it but there is nothing like this forum! its really good! Does it need cleaning up sure but still the best one out there...
do they pay you?

No cash andy - but I love Polish football its really a hobby of mine, so I like to share my opinion and the latest news about our teams and players.
Don't you/can't you use Google AdSense and get paid for the amount of clicks your blog receives?

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:44 pm

TheWhiteDreamsOfLife wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
andyzOr wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
Kolejorz22 wrote:I definitely think the level of posting has gone down. Especially the Polish NT threads and Polish League ones. Lot of the most knowledgable guys have gone over to PolishFootballOnline and other portals. I don't post as much but still come here just out of pure habit.

Mods could clean this place up a bit TBH.
I agree with you that the level of posting has gone down, but you cant say most of the knowledgeable guys left.

Ive checked the PFO forums before its nothing special - yes Chris and Piotr run it they know what they are talking about other than those guys there is like 5 consistent users.... Plus they don't update their website as much as it should be...

The best combination right now, is Poland Soccer Blog and Polish soccer.com, i might be a bit biased because I write there but we have 5 writers and it the most up to date site for all that is Polish soccer.

As for forums this is the easiest and most comfortable forum around - maybe cuz I'm so used to it but there is nothing like this forum! its really good! Does it need cleaning up sure but still the best one out there...
do they pay you?

No cash andy - but I love Polish football its really a hobby of mine, so I like to share my opinion and the latest news about our teams and players.
Don't you/can't you use Google AdSense and get paid for the amount of clicks your blog receives?
You are right sir, but the guy who runs the site asked me to write for him so I dont see any cents but I know its not big money at all...its all good... i do it cuz I like it a lot!

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:30 pm

The other problem is that this forum is outdated. There are better looking ones out there...

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:15 pm

What other polish soccer forums are out there?
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Paramount

Post by Paramount » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:56 pm

polskaforever wrote:The other problem is that this forum is outdated. There are better looking ones out there...
who cares about the look, it's about the content.

............ but you're right, a bit plain but it still does the job.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Paramount wrote:
polskaforever wrote:The other problem is that this forum is outdated. There are better looking ones out there...
who cares about the look, it's about the content.

............ but you're right, a bit plain but it still does the job.
Its definitly out dated but I love the simplicity of it, you get on and there is no banners to click through or even title pages just pure forum its perfect in its old original way...Although the mods could clean it up like many of you guys are saying...

Mi-Sex
First Team
First Team

Post by Mi-Sex » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:15 pm

i like the look of this forum
simple and nothing flashy unlike most forums which try too hard
koniec pzpn
polska 2014 world cup champions this time it will be different

jakub
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jakub » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:45 am

I think the forum looks great. The only problem is the quality.amount of posters. I remember the glory days of this forum, such a shame lol

Legia piotr and chris r really good posters, we need to lure them back somehow. Even guys like benek and dj domino were great.

Does anyone remember "Bhoy" what the hell happened to him?
We shall never forget; Pope John Paul II.
Impossible Is Nothing.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:12 am

The forum isn't pretty and is outdated, but it is simple and smart and I like that. The colors blend in well too IMO.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 am

A new banner would be nice. And it would be cool if we had other Board Style's to choose from instead of "subsilver", I much prefer a more black and white background.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:21 am

Just get rid of the floodlight in the banner.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

elderon
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by elderon » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:02 pm

What I remember most is our starting eleven for Poland etc. and all flame was so fun :)
"Polska jest tam gdzie my jestesmy"

Sex Offender
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sex Offender » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 am

I like the site just the way it is...

EUro_soccer
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by EUro_soccer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Haven't posted in a while but people like myself still browse the forum from time to time. It's pretty much as people mentioned before how the quality went down because of certain posters. I bet some of you would be suprised as to how many people still browse but just don't post.

Andy, are you still betting?

Wyborowa
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Wyborowa » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:19 am

EUro_soccer wrote:Haven't posted in a while but people like myself still browse the forum from time to time. It's pretty much as people mentioned before how the quality went down because of certain posters. I bet some of you would be suprised as to how many people still browse but just don't post.

Andy, are you still betting?

Dj Domino
First Team
First Team

Post by Dj Domino » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:34 pm

[quote="EUro_soccer"I bet some of you would be suprised as to how many people still browse but just don't post.[/quote]

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Brantford - Now in the absolute middle of nowhere - please parachute food and medicine

Post by JDE » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Hosting the Euro and thus not playing qualifying matches has intensely diluted my appetite for venturing into these parts or elsewhere concerning Polish football.

Hosting the Euro is such a blessing, but in the same breath, such an agonizing loneliness.

As it pertains Polska, significantly speaking, the qualifying matches always felt on par with whatever tournament we were trying to qualify for. Without them, there is such a bleak void.

Sure, there are Polish players abroad, friendlies, Polish teams in Cups to occupy the time, though they are so fleeting and emotionally unfulfilling in comparison with actual NT games of meaning.

Winter is on the horizon, and as such, it feels very empty to think that any significant NT match are so far away.

I truly feel like I’ve been deprived of so many beautiful days going to the bars and cheering on Polska during qualifying, though when I look at the new stadiums constructed, I realize, nothing worth having in this World is attained without some sort of sacrifice....

Just my little rant :wink:

Mi-Sex
First Team
First Team

Post by Mi-Sex » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:21 pm

that is true
watching polish football over the past two years has been pretty meaningless but the niemcy game a few weeks ago brought back the emotion and ife to following our beloved polska
koniec pzpn
polska 2014 world cup champions this time it will be different

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:57 pm

^^^
Well I dont feel empty about the fact that Poland is not playing in qualifying rounds. It couldve been worse if we were sucking in our group and not going to qualify and probably most likely not considering our EURO qualifying history. Put Poland in any of these groups and I dont think we wouldve since how bad our NT was when Leo left.

The friendlies cause they dont mean anything which means we can suck all we want, new stadiums and automatic qualification is a blessing 8)

Merrick001
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Merrick001 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:37 pm

if i had time I'd whip up a new header for the site, play around with it a bit, see what you'd guys think of it.

photoshop isn't hard, but its all gotta do with how you mesh it with other programs is what really brings work out.