Reunions

The place to discuss everything but soccer
astoria
Youth Team
Youth Team

Reunions

Post by astoria » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:58 pm

The trend these days is for popular bands to reform for one off tour$. RATM, Smashing Pumpkins..and now Led Zeppelin :shock: . Although I would love for Pink Floyd to get back together again as a complete group but only if a new studio album was part of it. I've always thought that Roger Waters was the culprit for the bad blood in the group. But I found out lately that it was mostly David Gilmour's doing.

As for Led Zeppelin I think they should put the dog down already, even though they're my favourite group of all time. It's had it's good years.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002471692,00.html

Atakski
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Atakski » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:56 am

Wow, I've been living under a rock for a while. Had no idea that the Pumpkins had reunited. I thought Billy Corgan was busy masquarading around with Zwan?

Deyna

Post by Deyna » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:58 am

word is that Van Halen will also be reuniting with original frontman David Lee Roth...now that's a band to see live! 8)
Also heard The Police will be reuniting this year too..

astoria
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by astoria » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:05 pm

Yeah I'd definitely see The Police here. Great band.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:52 pm

The Police thing is a maybe. They didn't say it was definite. Sting said he wanted to. And the Pumpkins are supposed to come out with a new album this year.

3aqel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by 3aqel » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:43 pm

I've heard the Police rumor as well, the DJs here say it's got credibility to it, that not to be surprised if it happens.

Deyna

Post by Deyna » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Police rehearsing in N. Van?
Lions Gate Studios: Reunion tour rumoured for 'Roxanne' anniversary

Stuart Derdeyn, The Province; with News Services
Published: Friday, January 26, 2007

Every little thing the Police ever did was magic to the band's fans. Yesterday morning, Rock 101 FM's Bro' Jake Show reported that the '80s rockers were rehearsing in town at North Vancouver's Lions Gate Studios, preparing for a highly-anticipated 30-year reunion tour.

No one was available officially to confirm or deny the report. A receptionist would only allow that "there have been a lot of calls this morning."

Rock 101 received unconfirmed reports Wednesday night that two large semis arrived at the studio and started unloading gear marked with Police logos and those of its former lead singer, Sting. The radio station reported some Sting sightings on the slopes of Whistler yesterday, too.

Rumours of the platinum-selling, platinum-blond act returning to the stage to perform have circulated since March 2003, when the Police last played together at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

They heated up again last month when a story in the United Kingdom's Daily News reported that the group would tour this summer in celebration of the 30th anniversary of the release of its first major single, "Roxanne."

On Jan. 3, www.sting.com confirmed the story. On Jan. 14, Sting pretty much admitted to a coming tour when he told the Television Critics Association that all former members were talking.

"We started 30 years ago, so it would be nice to do something to celebrate," Sting is quoted as saying. "We don't quite know what, but we're talking about it."

Talk of a Police presence at the Grammy telecast on Feb. 11 from Los Angeles' Staples Center is also circulating.

Rollingstone.com was awash in submissions that the band would tour in North America, Europe and Asia. A total of 80 dates is being considered.

Talk is that the combo will appear in April at the Coachella Valley Music Festival in California, which has a history of booking retro '80s acts as headliners. Fuelling these reports is that "Roxanne" is supposedly the sign-on password for the early ticket sales, which start tomorrow at 10 a.m.

If the Police are indeed rehearsing in Vancouver, it joins a growing list of superstars using the city as a pre-tour practice and opening-night locale.

U2 and the Rolling Stones used GM Place for rehearsal space in 2006, while Nickelback and Foo Fighters have used Pacific Coliseum. Bob Dylan spent four days over Thanksgiving at the Commodore. Country singer Dierks Bentley recently holed up at Pacific Coliseum before beginning his latest tour. Previous years have seen Janet Jackson, Aerosmith and others take advantage of Vancouver's relative anonymity and world-class technical crews.

"More often that not, tours will start or end here and, honestly, the difference in the exchange rate is still sympathetic for artists," says Ian Low of promoter House Of Blues.

sderdeyn@png.canwest.com

GROUP'S METEORIC RISE

Members: Sting (b. Gordon Sumner), Stewart Copeland and first guitarist Henri Padovani. Andy Summers replaced Padovani on guitar shortly after the band formed in '77.

First Single: "Fall Out," late '77, sold 70,000 copies as an indie release.

First U.S. Single: "Roxanne," spring of '78. Reached No. 12 in the U.K.

First Album: Outlandos d'Amour, '78.

First No. 1 U.K. and North American Hit: "Message In A Bottle," fall '79.

North American breakthrough: Zenyatta Mondatta, fall '80, and "Don't Stand So Close To Me."

First U.K. and North American No. 1 CD and single: Ghost In The Machine, 1981, and the hit "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic."

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 02&k=36905

Deyna

Post by Deyna » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:13 pm

*posted twice

astoria
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by astoria » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Good news.

Deyna

Post by Deyna » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:08 am

The Police To Reunite On GRAMMYs
January 30, 2007

Music's Biggest Night to feature GRAMMY winners, nominees and all-star celebrities

GRAMMY.com

In an historic GRAMMY moment, the Police (Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers) will reunite and perform together for the first time on the GRAMMYs when they open the 49th Annual GRAMMY Awards telecast on Feb. 11, it was announced today by The Recording Academy. The winners of five GRAMMY Awards, the Police create a purely original sound by infusing reggae with pop and rock, growing into one of the most popular and innovative acts of the '80s.

Also, new presenters added to the all-star lineup include current Lifetime Achievement Award honoree Joan Baez, two-time GRAMMY winner Melissa Etheridge, Golden Globe winner Jennifer Hudson, GRAMMY winner Queen Latifah, three-time GRAMMY winner Chris Rock, and 24-time GRAMMY winner Stevie Wonder.

The Police join a stellar list of past GRAMMY Awards opening acts, which includes reunions and once-in-a-lifetime performances: the ever-animated Madonna sharing the stage with the Gorillaz (2006); an all-star, stage-filling spectacle that featured the Black Eyed Peas, Maroon5, Gwen Stefani, Los Lonely Boys and Franz Ferdinand (2005); Prince and Beyoncé in an electrifying duet (2004); and the reunion of legends Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel (2003).

Previously announced performers include Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Mary J. Blige, the Dixie Chicks, Gnarls Barkley, John Legend, Ludacris, John Mayer, Corinne Bailey Rae, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Justin Timberlake (solo performance and with the winner of the "My GRAMMY Moment" competition) and Carrie Underwood. Previously announced presenters include the Black Eyed Peas, Ciara, Nelly Furtado, Terrence Howard, Samuel L. Jackson, Pink and Rihanna. The show also will be supported on radio via Westwood One worldwide and XM Satellite Radio, and covered online at GRAMMY.yahoo.com.

The 49th Annual GRAMMY Awards will take place live on Sunday, Feb. 11, at Staples Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast in HDTV and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

wilko

Post by wilko » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:05 pm

The Police are back :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Time to get all these no talent bullshit acts out of the way and show them how it's done 8) 8) 8) 8)
I Have Fought The Good Fight, I Have Kept My Faith, I Have Stayed The Course

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."
"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

TheWhiteStarArmy
First Team
First Team

Post by TheWhiteStarArmy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Lifetime reunited as well. I just picked up their album.

Dj Domino
First Team
First Team

Post by Dj Domino » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:39 pm

Now it's time for the Smiths to get back together...

Deyna

Post by Deyna » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:05 pm

David Lee Roth is back with Van Halen too...

VAN HALEN IS BACK!
VAN HALEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE SUMMER TOUR
February 2, 2007
Los Angeles, CA - In what is no doubt one of the most anticipated moments in rock and roll, VAN HALEN officially announces their 2007 North American tour.

The tour will mark the first time since 1984 that original VAN HALEN front man David Lee Roth will perform with Eddie and Alex Van Halen along with new bassist Wolfgang Van Halen for 40 shows this summer.

VAN HALEN fans can look forward to legendary high intensity performances, featuring a set list of the most iconic hits ever produced by America's premiere rock band.

Eddie Van Halen states, "I am very excited to get back to the core of what made VAN HALEN."

astoria
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by astoria » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:55 pm

Isn't Genesis reforming as well?

edit: yep

http://www.worldofgenesis.com/NEWS-JAN2007.htm

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:50 pm

The Jam have reunited... without Paul Weller.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:09 pm

nSpuration wrote:The Jam have reunited... without Paul Weller.
what the fuck is the point of that?

that's like The Police reuniting without Sting :roll: :lol:

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:15 pm

I know... it won't be the same.

wilko

Post by wilko » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:11 am

legia_piotr wrote:
nSpuration wrote:The Jam have reunited... without Paul Weller.
what the fuck is the point of that?

that's like The Police reuniting without Sting :roll: :lol:
yes :roll:
I Have Fought The Good Fight, I Have Kept My Faith, I Have Stayed The Course

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."
"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."