Frustration

The place to discuss everything but soccer
Tomek Tomaszewski

Frustration

Post by Tomek Tomaszewski » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:19 pm

After taking your guys advice I decied to buy a "Question of Honor"....Man one of the best books I have ever read took me like 6 days to read I coudlnt stop, Highly recommend... And I know I will be attacked for starting a "similar" thread to an existing one. But after reading such a book...It is really frustrating how we were treated and forgotten...germans tying children to tanks, Churchill promises to Poland going to ashes, and worst the treatemnet of heroes of AK from the soviets. All my family almsot went into those Gulags, and fought in Anders army and the AK( Armia Krajowa). And yet POles are laughed at when they mention world war 2....( one of my friends thinking they were on the nazi side and another laughing at are pitiful cavalry and Airforce.

In all this sucks. Anyone get the same reaction after reading this book or in other situations? PLz comment

Tomek

Euro DJ
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Euro DJ » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:42 pm

True, whenever I mention what Poland did in the war my friends laugh. "Haha! Poland did nothing, they got taken over in a few days"...

Not to mention those cavalry jokes.. :roll:

*Chris*
First Team
First Team

Post by *Chris* » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:50 pm

I think people laugh more at the French and Italians than they do at the Polish.

Nazi Germany AND the Soviet Union vs Poland = 1 month

Nazi Germany vs France = 2 days

Nazi Germany vs Western Europe = 2 weeks
W życiu piękne są tylko chwile, ale dla nich warto żyć.
Polish by chance. Proud by choice.

Polak_Stefan

Post by Polak_Stefan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:22 pm

We where the best pilots

Euro DJ
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Euro DJ » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:37 pm

Its funny, I actually had a fight about that in class with a friend once. It started out as nothing, just me saying Polish pilots played a large role in the battle over Britain. He then kept saying "What the fuck are you talking about? Poland did shit in the war, they were taken over!". I told him about Polish armies established around different parts of the world and he still didn't believe me. The fight got so out of controlled that we started yelling at each other and uninterrupted the teachers lesson.

Part that pissed me off was him thinking he knew more about Poland then me. Especially with him saying "Well I asked my other Polish friend about it, and he said your full of crap". :roll:

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:07 pm

*Chris* wrote:I think people laugh more at the French and Italians than they do at the Polish.

Nazi Germany AND the Soviet Union vs Poland = 1 month

Nazi Germany vs France = 2 days

Nazi Germany vs Western Europe = 2 weeks
Ehhhhh..

France held out longer, but still short. Belgium held out two weeks, not much shorter than France did. Still says a lot about France's (non)activity in WWII. :roll:

They had the army to put the war into a deadlock situation and thus put a big blow to Hitler's swift invasion plan (which would've surely demoralized the nazis and lessened the support for the regime), but they acted like genuine cowards. If Poland had only a fraction of the army France had at the time..
Last edited by MrMariusz on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Re: Frustration

Post by tommy boy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:09 pm

Tomek Tomaszewski wrote:After taking your guys advice I decied to buy a "Question of Honor"....Man one of the best books I have ever read took me like 6 days to read I coudlnt stop, Highly recommend... And I know I will be attacked for starting a "similar" thread to an existing one. But after reading such a book...It is really frustrating how we were treated and forgotten...germans tying children to tanks, Churchill promises to Poland going to ashes, and worst the treatemnet of heroes of AK from the soviets. All my family almsot went into those Gulags, and fought in Anders army and the AK( Armia Krajowa). And yet POles are laughed at when they mention world war 2....( one of my friends thinking they were on the nazi side and another laughing at are pitiful cavalry and Airforce.

In all this sucks. Anyone get the same reaction after reading this book or in other situations? PLz comment

Tomek
Hey man, good to see you decided to get the book. It's really that shocking......hope you get more people to read it.....buy it to your canadian buddies for xmas or something....that's what I'm doing over here.

Tomek Tomaszewski

Post by Tomek Tomaszewski » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:36 pm

These days its hard to educate people with books... I think ( or maybee I would like to think) that making a movie or a mini-series ( band of brothers) would make a big profit and educate people...I would personnaly go see it. I really would like to see someone due it. Sort of like the movie about JAn III Sobieski and Vienna which is suppiosed to be amde by MEl Gibson.

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Tomek Tomaszewski wrote:These days its hard to educate people with books... I think ( or maybee I would like to think) that making a movie or a mini-series ( band of brothers) would make a big profit and educate people...I would personnaly go see it. I really would like to see someone due it. Sort of like the movie about JAn III Sobieski and Vienna which is suppiosed to be amde by MEl Gibson.
I see we think alike. A movie about 5 pilots or maybe just pic one pilot to make it less complicating for those ignorant foreigners, and there stories along with western betrayal......fucking brilliant, but I don't know how many average Americans would watch some movie.

Check out the forum that they have on there. I like to go on it and read up on what Americans posted on this book.

http://www.questionofhonor.com/forum/toast.asp

elderon
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by elderon » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:51 pm

u just make some famous actors in the movie, and people will watch it :)
"Polska jest tam gdzie my jestesmy"

Tomek Tomaszewski

Post by Tomek Tomaszewski » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:33 pm

loll...its sad just today some slovak told me we were pathetic in world war 2 :roll:

Polish-Philosopher
First Team
First Team

Post by Polish-Philosopher » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:04 am

Tomek Tomaszewski wrote:loll...its sad just today some slovak told me we were pathetic in world war 2 :roll:
Just call him an impoverished Czech. :lol:

Tomek Tomaszewski

Post by Tomek Tomaszewski » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:16 pm

loll

smolek

Post by smolek » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:25 pm

I agree, the general ignorance towards Poland and its role/accomplishments during the war never ceases to amaze me.
"Sex is a lot like bridge, to enjoy it you either need a great partner or a good hand"

Tomek Tomaszewski

Post by Tomek Tomaszewski » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:21 pm

You got any personal experiences smolek?

Tomek Tomaszewski

Post by Tomek Tomaszewski » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:22 pm

And I did call taht guy an impoverished czech loll

tommy boy
First Team
First Team

Post by tommy boy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:30 pm

The topic is frustration......and I am so fucking frustrated.....but at least it is a lesson learned, along with a glimpse of the real world that awaits me.

Polish Prince
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada - Janow Lubelski, Lublin, Polska

Post by Polish Prince » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:05 pm

im buying the book now any others u guys recomend??

if i may recommend one to u guys and i wouldn't recommend a book unless it was good, b/c i rarely read books it would have to be "Escaping hell" by Kon Piekarski. just wooooooow like couldn't put it down.

Tomek Tomaszewski

Post by Tomek Tomaszewski » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:05 pm

Im also looking for other books of the type.

Whats yours about Polish prince?

Polish Prince
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada - Janow Lubelski, Lublin, Polska

Post by Polish Prince » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:42 am

how a guy survived auschwitz but lie amazing how he does it. also some other things and shat. but its amazing