Platini calls for World Cup expansion

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
MarcinSki

Platini calls for World Cup expansion

Post by MarcinSki » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

UEFA president Michel Platini believes FIFA should consider expanding the World Cup to 40 teams in the coming years, with greater representation from outside of Europe the key focus.

"It's good for everybody," Platini told The Times. "I totally agree with Mr Blatter that we need more African and Asian (countries). But instead of taking away some European, we have to go to 40 teams in the World Cup.

"We can add two African, two Asiatic, two American and one from Europe. I support this idea totally.

"Football is changing and now we have 209 associations. There are more countries so why reduce? Forty is not so bad. You have three days more of competition and you make more people happy."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15973 ... on?cc=5901

WTF. UEFA has half of the best teams in the World. Dropping the percentage of UEFA teams in the WC makes no sense.

MarcinSki

Re: Platini calls for World Cup expansion

Post by MarcinSki » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Told you guys there is no shame in not qualifying for the WC. The system is racist against Europeans. Yes let's add 2 African teams so that there are atleast 5 of them that wouldn't even qualify out of UEFA. How can people even accept this utter bullshit.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Adding more Asiatic and African teams is absolutely retarded. But adding in two more South American (NOT USA's shitty pathetic group) is a good idea, bursting with talent.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm

I'd welcome more South American teams in the world cup. Would be really good for the Football Associations there to have a regular showcase for their talent, as Prancer says, the continent, even the weaker countries, are bustling with talent.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

MarcinSki

Post by MarcinSki » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Algeria is currently #3. I would rank them as the #40+ in UEFA

Lost to Bosnia
Lost to Ireland
Lost to USA
Lost to Slovenia
Tied England
Lost to Brazil
Lost to Argentina
Lost to China
Lost to Belgium

Right there I listed every single Non-African team they've faced in the past 10 years. The #3 team in Africa. That is disgusting and sickening