Champions League *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Re: Champions League 2012-2013 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:56 pm

^^idiot.

Legia are definitely not Champion League quality as every game they played in Europe so far proved. Europa League is a better fit for them.

Though Legia were definitely the better of the two sides over the legs.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Legia will do well in EL this year, and will be seeded for the CL IV round next year. If they can keep their best players like Kuciak (who signed a new contract today), Kosecki, Radovic, Bereszynski, Furman, and add some new players (A STRIKER ESPECIALLY, Centre Back) then I can see them making it.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:29 pm

LOL welcome back, jam-role.
jam-role wrote:Well as dissappointing as t is its hardly suprising is it?
When you are playing in the champions league im sorry but if marek saganowski is the best striker you have then you are a laughing stock.
The better side went through,legia are just another poor polish team with no hope of getting anywhere soon,the scoreline flattered them,up until the last minute they had TWO efforts and one of them was a weak tame header from drewno.For a team behind and playing at home it was embarassing.
The ONLY positive from yesterday was kosecki,he has potential.
The rest? LOL is all i can say.

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:32 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote: Though Legia were definitely the better of the two sides over the legs.
I love Legia beyond words but that statement is just so, so wrong. Sorry.

Steaua were up 2:0 9 minutes in... the game would've played out completely differently if it wasn't for that. They sat back, defended in numbers and countered (more so in the 2nd half), knowing Legia had to score THREE goals to advance. If we are being honest with ourselves... In the end, the better team went through.

Things might have been different if Jedrzejczyk or Ljuboja were still on the team, or if Pinto was not such an early season bust (didn't even make the match squad!), or if Urban hadn't waited too long to throw caution to the wind... ah well, Europa League, here we come.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:07 pm

I think it was about even 50-50 the first leg, and Legia dominated the second leg.

You are right, Steaua just needed to sit back and defend their lead, but Legia spent the entire game in Steaua's half.

kamishufooty

Post by kamishufooty » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 pm

I think Legia did good in Europa League last year because of Ljuboja. Without him im not sure we'll be able to make the same impact as last year unless Mikita turns into a young sensation. Lets face it, we're not going anywhere with SaganFlopski not knowing how to control a ball with one defender on him and Dvalishvilli not even putting in effort on the pitch.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:51 pm

patrickjjh wrote:Legia will do well in EL this year, and will be seeded for the CL IV round next year. If they can keep their best players like Kuciak (who signed a new contract today), Kosecki, Radovic, Bereszynski, Furman, and add some new players (A STRIKER ESPECIALLY, Centre Back) then I can see them making it.
I hate Legia but Wisla is no where near CL ready :oops: You guys shouldnt feel too hard on yourselves. Patrick is right. If Legia will do well in EL then maybe next season they will be SEEDED in CLP.

Legia is playing in Europe 2x in the last 3 years. There is no shame in that :!:

Baby steps ;)

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:15 pm

No offense to Saganowski, but if Legia thought that they would advance to the CL having him as the lone striker upfront.... then I guess it is what it is.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Why is everyone shitting on Sagan, the man is a legend. He has played well even after his heart issues. You cannot tell me its all on him, if nobody can get him the ball then thats the team as a whole. Legia defense is brand new once again, they need a season or 2 with the same bodies so that they can get use to each other. Mistake by Dossa first leg lead to a stupid goal, then two other mistakes yesterday and game over. Legia can hang their head high, they didnt win but they fought hard in each game. Although, I was dissapointed that they started really slow - almost losing to the new saints.

Lets give them another year with the same squad, same coach and obviously the Zyleta! Maybe they will make some noise in the Europa league. On another note I hope Slask kick some ass tomorrow fkk those Spaniards from Sevilla!

I heard Slask fan busses were attacked by Sevilla hools and some people were stabbed and taken to hospital. I dont think they have the balls to go to Wroclaw especially after the Katyn message.

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:40 pm

I think it showed that the owners need to open up & start spending a little more$$

It looks like with another 2 decent players Legia could easily make it to the final 32 and then get extra$$ for advancing.

Are the owners really cash strapped?

kamishufooty

Post by kamishufooty » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:00 pm

@Jastkowice please tell me you're joking when you say same squad with the 36 year old striker as our starter trying to make a serious run at the Chmapions League? Sagan is a Legend but his glory days are gone, it's time to open up the field for new signings or Academy players like Mikita.

I think the owners have money but they're too cheap to invest

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:16 pm

jastkowice wrote:Why is everyone shitting on Sagan, the man is a legend. He has played well even after his heart issues. You cannot tell me its all on him, if nobody can get him the ball then thats the team as a whole.
Amen. I think it's pretty funny/embarrassing to see all these guys shitting on Sagan. (Saganflopski? really? ja piernicze. And for the record, he's 34.) Especially given the performances by players like Vrdoljak and Furman. Sagan literally got no decent through balls in the 79 minutes he played even though he was making good runs, in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong -- in principal, I agree that he shouldn't be our #1 striker in a CL run but it is what it is... Dwaliszwili isn't exactly in great form and if you watched him against Lechia, his work rate is Berbatov-esque (aka. just not there) too often. I don't blame Urban for not starting him in a game in which the plan (I assume) was to hold Steaua scoreless for as long as possible (we all know how that worked out). Mikita looks to be a real talent, but he's way too young & raw to be playing big minutes in CL qualifiers.

Lesson #1 learned for Leśnodorski & co. -- we need at least one (if not two) more attacking options up front.
Perhaps they should've just paid Ljuboja his $ for another season and another CL run?

I think it's really disheartening to see Helio Pinto didn't even make the fucking match squad though. This was the guy who was supposed to come in and be a game-changer for us. He had CL experience, good vision & some nice youtube comps. What a bloody disappointment so far.

--

I don't know if it's true, but I read somewhere that depending on how Legia does in Europa league, their coefficient could be high enough next year (assuming they win the EK of course; nothing is a given obviously) for them to be in the "seeded" group in the final round of CL qualifying next year. Again, could be wrong on that, but it's something I read...

Anyways, the +ve is that we have Europa league. I don't know about you guys, but I am pumped to see at least 6 more european cup games with Legia's involvement. Hell, depending on the sched, I might have to make a little trip to Warszawa in the fall a reality :naughty:

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:16 pm

jastkowice wrote:Why is everyone shitting on Sagan, the man is a legend. He has played well even after his heart issues. You cannot tell me its all on him, if nobody can get him the ball then thats the team as a whole. Legia defense is brand new once again, they need a season or 2 with the same bodies so that they can get use to each other. Mistake by Dossa first leg lead to a stupid goal, then two other mistakes yesterday and game over. Legia can hang their head high, they didnt win but they fought hard in each game. Although, I was dissapointed that they started really slow - almost losing to the new saints.

Lets give them another year with the same squad, same coach and obviously the Zyleta! Maybe they will make some noise in the Europa league. On another note I hope Slask kick some ass tomorrow fkk those Spaniards from Sevilla!

I heard Slask fan busses were attacked by Sevilla hools and some people were stabbed and taken to hospital. I dont think they have the balls to go to Wroclaw especially after the Katyn message.
So Legia doesnt make it to CL and its not a failure but Wisla was :?:

TRAITOR!!!

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:19 pm

legia_piotr wrote:
Anyways, the +ve is that we have Europa league. I don't know about you guys, but I am pumped to see at least 6 more european cup games with Legia's involvement. Hell, depending on the sched, I might have to make a little trip to Warszawa in the fall a reality :naughty:
:nod:

Focus

Post by Focus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:01 pm

You guys are crazy, Saganowski isn't good anymore! Legia need new strikers, Sagan and Dvalishvilli dont cut it for cl.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 pm

polskaforever wrote:
jastkowice wrote:Why is everyone shitting on Sagan, the man is a legend. He has played well even after his heart issues. You cannot tell me its all on him, if nobody can get him the ball then thats the team as a whole. Legia defense is brand new once again, they need a season or 2 with the same bodies so that they can get use to each other. Mistake by Dossa first leg lead to a stupid goal, then two other mistakes yesterday and game over. Legia can hang their head high, they didnt win but they fought hard in each game. Although, I was dissapointed that they started really slow - almost losing to the new saints.

TRAITOR!!!
Legia's min. expectation was Europa League, so how could it be a failure?

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:43 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
polskaforever wrote:

TRAITOR!!!
Legia's min. expectation was Europa League, so how could it be a failure?
Wisla minimum expectation was also EL

United
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by United » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:00 am

Polish soccer is a joke. No Brazil and only one team in Europa league.
"'Obraniak jak marzenie. Roger błyszczał. Trzeba dalej naturalizować "

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 am

polskaforever wrote:

TRAITOR!!!
For your traitor comment - no need for that - I will cheer for all of our Polish EK teams represented in the EL and CL qualifications, because I see the big picture.

Wisla was a failure because
a)they spent all the money they had to make a huge push and attempt to qualify
b)paid super high contracts to useless players
c)dissembled the entire team and coaching staff afterwards
d)they had the victory and they shit themselves with 5 minutes to go, so yes they were a failure

Legia is not a failure because
a)they still have money
b)they will keep the core group
c)coach and great youth academy will still be there
d)legia never had the victory

Piotr- hopefully you are right with the coeff pts - we need Legia to go through this year as far as possible as the other 2 teams have failed to pull their weight! Slask was amazing this year - I really hope a huge win today, but unfortunately they wont have all their best weapons.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:05 am

I can't help to wonder what if Sagan had Ljuboja feeding him,
Maybe it would be a different story.
Oh well, 6 EL group games for Legia!
Can't wait, if Legia can win 3, I think they can be seeded
In 4th runda a CLQ next year.