Champions League *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Re: Champions League 2012-2013 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Post by Pulaski » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:58 am

polskaforever wrote:Legia is not playing pretty but its getting the job done so far.

I really thought Steaua would have won today so for Legia to come away with a tie is a great result. Besides you cant expect Legia to dominate this game because they were the away team and hopefully in the return leg the players will play with more confidence since they are playing at home.

Steaua as a club has lots of experience in Europe especially CL and Legia does not.

Legia got the hard part finished and over with by playing away first. Lets hope for better things in WWA. We need it :!:
I fully agree. Legia has to do it ugly, then so be it.
Get that payday and get that CL experience.
Steau won the CL title in 1986 and is like 22x champion in Romania.
Big accomplishment if Legia can do it.
It still will be hard as hell.
Wonder if Legia could play in Stadion Narodowy??? :naughty:

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 am

They should play in Stadion Narodowy, afterall Steaua played in their national stadium. Whether its their main or not, they still played in a stadium alike in size to Stadion Narodowy.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

kamishufooty

Post by kamishufooty » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 am

I think they should play at the Legia stadium, just because its there home and they feel most comfortable there.

But on the other hand, the PZPN should have never built a "narodowy" without assigning a club to the stadium. They should have built one giant monster of a stadium and have Legia and Polonia both play there. Milan has the San Siro and two of the biggest clubs in the world sharing it. They would have saved money and our Legia champions league games would have been cheered on by 50,000 + :D

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:04 am

The pzpn doesn't assign stadiums to clubs.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

kamishufooty

Post by kamishufooty » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:28 am

Not in the literall sense, but they could have suggested going that route with Legia and Polonia. Same idea as the San Siro...serves for club and country and they only needed to build one. Instead of having a Milan National stadium, an Inter stadium and an AC stadium in one city.

By the way, I'm Kamil im totally new to this Forum just came across it on the web. I've been looking for a place to vent my National team frustration for years lol

Pozdrowienia :D

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:29 pm

Welcome man, nice to have you on here. And I agree with you that they could've at least made the Narodowy Legia's stadium but the problem is teams and fans are too proud. Legia's stadium has always been on Lazienkowska and the fans wouldn't have be down to change it to some new location, and on the other hand Lazienkowska isn't a big enough place to have a 50k seat stadium, there isn't enough parking or space so I guess neither side was really ready to compromise.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Ideally, Polonia would be a bigger, more stable club, and they'd get the National Stadion...

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:21 pm

EDIT.

Misread the title. Thought it said odwruczila and not odrzucila.
Last edited by AKsoldier on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

Focus

Post by Focus » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Not sure where you guys saw that it's open but I'm reading that its closed. http://www.90minut.pl/news/218/news2186 ... Legii.html

kamishufooty

Post by kamishufooty » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Are you kidding me? This is the reason Zyleta is closed!?!? Because UEFA thinks the "S" in "Wild Boys" looks like a Fascist symbol? The worst part is that exact flag was approved by UEFA themselves before the match. How do these crooks get away with this shit?

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 pm

PL club fans have a bad reputation and UEFA will treat us as such.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Piecyk02 wrote:Welcome man, nice to have you on here. And I agree with you that they could've at least made the Narodowy Legia's stadium but the problem is teams and fans are too proud. Legia's stadium has always been on Lazienkowska and the fans wouldn't have be down to change it to some new location, and on the other hand Lazienkowska isn't a big enough place to have a 50k seat stadium, there isn't enough parking or space so I guess neither side was really ready to compromise.
If a billionaire came and bought Polonia it is still possible to play at Stadion Narodowy in the future :idea:

Do what Wisla will be doing starting Jan 2014 by renting R22 and training away from the city in some village. Polonia's owner can rent Stadion Narodowy for matches and train at old Polonia grounds to save costs.

If Polonia ever reaches top flight again by that point EK stadium requirements could be more harsher it would be no brainer to use Stadion Narodowy.

But Polonia doesnt exist anymore. They play in 4th league so it makes sense for Legia to have their own stadium and same for NT.

All it would take is a billionaire for someone to care about Polonia again :lol:

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:08 am

Once again the UEFA MAFIA will try to do everything in their power to hurt a Polish sides chance of advancing. Steau supposedly was throwing lighters at Legia players throughout the game but we wont hear shit about that. Same thing with Slask, poor game by the refs. Feel awful for Slask so many chances to do well and they get a brutal red card to basically fkk the game over half way through.

As for Zyleta its a huge blow, not only do they fine Legia but take away the 12th man! How do they get to choose what to close and what stays open that is straight fkked up! I really hope the players and fans show up this week and make history, not only beating a top team but also getting into group stages! Would be phenomenal for Polish football, its been way too long since we had a Polish side represent.

kamishufooty

Post by kamishufooty » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:18 pm

I still can't believe how low Polonia went. Thats a team with a lot of history and no more Warszawa derbies for at least another 4 years is shit. I really do hope they rent the Narodowy when they come back though, imagine the derby at a packed Narodowy!! Polish soccer hasn't seen an event that big yet!

Focus

Post by Focus » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:20 pm

For those that live in Canada.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 pm

kamishufooty wrote:I still can't believe how low Polonia went. Thats a team with a lot of history and no more Warszawa derbies for at least another 4 years is shit. I really do hope they rent the Narodowy when they come back though, imagine the derby at a packed Narodowy!! Polish soccer hasn't seen an event that big yet!
The only thing that kept Polonia alive this long in EK was by the previous crazy owner. It was because of him Polonia got to top flight quicker from the Groclin merger. Without him, Polonia wouldve ceased to exist much sooner.

City of WWA just didnt care about Polonia either.

kamishufooty

Post by kamishufooty » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:09 pm

@polskaforever if you build it, they will come! (for the most part) Maybe with a nice stadium they could raise their profile to that of a serious team, not an EK joke that didn't pay its players and couldn't get a license to play in the EK. Thats a slap in the face to all the Polonia fans that support the club.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:41 pm

So we go out without losing a game and with two goals disallowed.. No shame in that, but fuck so close to making history :(

Lime

Post by Lime » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Typical Polish football luck :thumbdown:

No shame we were clearly the better team and should have gone through. It was amazing to see Legias fans, amazing atmosphere in the stadium.

jam-role

Post by jam-role » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Well as dissappointing as t is its hardly suprising is it?
When you are playing in the champions league im sorry but if marek saganowski is the best striker you have then you are a laughing stock.
The better side went through,legia are just another poor polish team with no hope of getting anywhere soon,the scoreline flattered them,up until the last minute they had TWO efforts and one of them was a weak tame header from drewno.For a team behind and playing at home it was embarassing.
The ONLY positive from yesterday was kosecki,he has potential.
The rest? LOL is all i can say.