Champions League *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
patrickjjh

Re: Champions League *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Post by patrickjjh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 pm

the smaller teams playing against eachother are more exciting for me, like the steaua ludogorets, legia celtic, malmo salzburg games

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:16 pm

patrickjjh wrote:the smaller teams playing against eachother are more exciting for me, like the steaua ludogorets, legia celtic, malmo salzburg games
Unfortunately the rest of the world only wants to see Man U, Chelsea, Real Madrid barca etc

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:17 pm

PF

the income these teams get from going further in europe is s small factor as to why some of these teams are now considered the "best." Pretty insubstantial

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:23 pm

European prize money for 2015/16 season CL & EL

http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pilka-no ... 1,381.html

Prize money has increased for making it to CL & EL group stages. A Polish club better fakking make it :!: Two Polish clubs making it to group stages would be sweet but we know so far thats very rare...

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:28 pm

karmakop wrote:PF

the income these teams get from going further in europe is s small factor as to why some of these teams are now considered the "best." Pretty insubstantial
Its not a small factor. They get a lot of sponsorship money for always being in the tourneys cause sponsors love winners. Those clubs in return get more $$$ from shirt and logo sponsors as one example.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:12 am

ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:57 am

Sweet merciful mother of christ the things I would do to her

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:40 pm

So Lech has just now FC Basel in the way of our berth into CL group stages!

Match info:

Jul 27
Lech Poznan vs FC Basel

Aug 3
FC Basel vs Lech Poznan

Thoughts/predictions?
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:11 pm

5-1 Basel.

Lech wont advance. And this is only the third round.
There would still be another round after this

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:40 pm

My bad, oversaw the playoff round. But as always I see your a buzzkill Pulaski.
Pulaski wrote:5-1 Basel.

Lech wont advance. And this is only the third round.
There would still be another round after this
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:43 pm

All we can hope is that Legia to qualify to EL groups again and be almost successful in groups as last year to raise their co-efficient points even more so that the following season they dont get drawn with clubs like Basel.

On top of that the owners to spend even more the following season as well. As I mentioned before prize money has increased this year for CL & EL.

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Basel sold off some key players, but like any good side they also signed some good ones too.

I always try and be optimistic with the Polish clubs in Europa, but again we were disappointed today. Jaga should have definitely won and Slask had a chance and blew it as well.

Too bad Lechia didnt finish properly last year, I am sure they would of been better than Slask.

Well, were left with 2 teams and I hope Lech can shock Basel like they shocked Man City and Juventus several years back. Rudnevs hattrick was awesome.

If Lech get into group stages then all the other teams can lose, I dont care. But, ideally, Lech and Legia in Europa League group stages. Get some more coeff pts.

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Well said!

On a side note I feel like FC Basel and Lech are a well matched series. Can't wait to see how this plays out as I don't see a blow out.
polskaforever wrote:All we can hope is that Legia to qualify to EL groups again and be almost successful in groups as last year to raise their co-efficient points even more so that the following season they dont get drawn with clubs like Basel.

On top of that the owners to spend even more the following season as well. As I mentioned before prize money has increased this year for CL & EL.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Piast_PL wrote:Well said!

On a side note I feel like FC Basel and Lech are a well matched series. Can't wait to see how this plays out as I don't see a blow out.
polskaforever wrote:All we can hope is that Legia to qualify to EL groups again and be almost successful in groups as last year to raise their co-efficient points even more so that the following season they dont get drawn with clubs like Basel.

Last year in CL basel beat man United chelsea and Liverpool.

This team is legit. 5-1 aggregate

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Pulaski wrote:
Piast_PL wrote:Well said!

Last year in CL basel beat man United chelsea and Liverpool.

This team is legit. 5-1 aggregate
Here read this....

http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pilka-no ... 1,832.html

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:56 pm

bookie says 32% for lech

put it on basel @1.40 easy money

lewandowskielbasa

Post by lewandowskielbasa » Fri May 06, 2016 12:08 am

3rd straight Semi-Final lose by Bayern leaves Robert's future slightly in question. Who does Ancelotti bring in?

How do you guys feel about Ancelotti as the new guy in charge of Robert

Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piast_PL » Fri May 06, 2016 8:35 am

lewandowskielbasa wrote:3rd straight Semi-Final lose by Bayern leaves Robert's future slightly in question. Who does Ancelotti bring in?

When it comes to coaches I'm definitely no expert, but after looking him up briefly online he definitely has some hardware to legitimize Bayern's decision to hire him. So I understand that aspect. However, that being being said he has no coaching or playing experience in Germany.... Bundesliga is a lot more physical then the priss leagues of Seria A and La Liga. So it will be interesting to see if he can adapt his methods to a completely new league.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Fri May 06, 2016 7:51 pm

Piast_PL wrote:
lewandowskielbasa wrote:3rd straight Semi-Final lose by Bayern leaves Robert's future slightly in question. Who does Ancelotti bring in?

When it comes to coaches I'm definitely no expert, but after looking him up briefly online he definitely has some hardware to legitimize Bayern's decision to hire him. So I understand that aspect. However, that being being said he has no coaching or playing experience in Germany.... Bundesliga is a lot more physical then the priss leagues of Seria A and La Liga. So it will be interesting to see if he can adapt his methods to a completely new league.
Ancelotti is widely regarded as one of the best coaches of all time. He will win the champions league with bayern. mark my words. The guy knows how to win with what he has. Anywhere he goes he wins and thats it.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed May 25, 2016 6:38 pm

SEEDing in CL

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... l2016.html

Potential teams Legia could face in 4th qualifying round (playoff). Will be really tough but...

Due to Legia's SEED ranking, in 3rd qualifying round they will be SEEDED unlike the season when they had to face Celtic because they werent SEEDED. Even though back then Legia beat Celtic on the field they couldve gotten a harder opponent. Now Legia will avoid those opponents with SEED ranking 30 points and above. So for now Legia gets to avoid playing SEEDED teams in 3rd qualifying round which is huge to make it easier to qualify to 4th round. Legia hasnt made it to CL 4th round before yet.

Qualifying to CL 4th round gets you automatic spot in EL group stages if you lose.

http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pilka-no ... 1,721.html

Legia starts playing in 2nd qualifying round.