Champions League *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
karmakop
First Team
First Team

Re: Champions League *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Post by karmakop » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Piecyk02 wrote:Fuck Bayern and especially fuck chelsea.. I want a Madrid derby for a final, that would be sick
Mourinho vs Real would be very interesting.

Chelsea cant play as defensively vs real tho if they make it thorugh.
Real can score in so many different ways

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:18 pm

^ That's exactly why I don't want chelsea in the final, they play the most boring style of football known to man.

Btw Karma, what do you think about Liverpool? Still think they'll take the title?

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Piecyk02 wrote:^ That's exactly why I don't want chelsea in the final, they play the most boring style of football known to man.
You can call it boring... I call it tactically sound. Mou is a tactical genius... you can whine and moan all you want :lol: but the guy just knows how to win games, especially Cups.

Based on Real's form, I don't think anyone will beat them, but I bet The Special One would give it a good go.

[youtube]p8k3wRFJ-Rw[/youtube]

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:57 am

He can win games sure, but tactical genius? The guy parks the bus and counter attacks.. I fail to see anything revolutionary in that. That's why he sucked with Real because they refused to play like that and that's the only style of football he knows. He got lucky against Liverpool because they literally gifted him both goals.. they had two other shots all game, it would've been a 0-0 snooze fest if it wasn't for Gerrards slip.

Special 1 TV however is comedic gold, love every episode, thanks for the nostaligia Piotrek

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:52 am

LOL it's certainly more diverse than just "parking the bus"

his record in big games speaks for itself.

As for the nostalgia, my pleasure :lol: such a funny bit eh? haha

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:18 pm

i like Mourinho a lot. This Chelsea team didnt have the players. im surprised they got this far and have as many points in the epl as they do with their current squad.

And Pieczyk do I think Liverpool can still win. Yes because Man City will draw vs everton this weekend

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:18 pm

This is for you Karma :lol:

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:43 pm

W poniedziałek losowanie eliminacji Ligi Mistrzów. Na kogo trafi Legia?

http://www.warszawa.sport.pl/sport-wars ... rzow_.html

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Legia will face St Patrick's Athletic to begin their CL campaign

Polish champions Legia Warszawa will begin their campaign in the second qualifying round against Irish side St Patrick's Athletic. The first leg will be played in Warszawa on July 15 or 16, while the return leg will take the following week on July 22 or 23 in Dublin.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:19 pm

:shock: :shock:

Where was this at the world cup

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:05 am

that tackle right into hulk ruins it for me.

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 am

To jest dopiero początek inwazji słowiańskiej husarii.Zobaczycie że już za parę lat zachodnia zgnilizna będzie drżeć na sam widok tych dzielnych i wspaniałych mężów ze słowiańskiego ludu.

Każdy Polak z krwi i kości winien się cieszyc z sukcesów naszych braci słowian z Bułgari,jak również z Białorusi,Słoweni.

Brawo Ludogorets, BATE, i Maribor.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Why Champions League is "broken"..

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:32 pm

lol what is the point?

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:13 pm

It's saying that Champions league should only be reserved for the rich, super clubs.

The fact that Ludogorets is worth 35mil and Legia is only worth 20 is the most depressing stat on that list

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Piecyk02 wrote:It's saying that Champions league should only be reserved for the rich, super clubs.

The fact that Ludogorets is worth 35mil and Legia is only worth 20 is the most depressing stat on that list
We only have 1 owner (Legia) who cares about PL soccer who wants to qualify to CL. Everyone else just wants to stay alive in EK and not get relegated. No ambition.

The problem with CL is that the teams that dont win the league still get a group stage spot. Its bullshit. Thats what I mean by its broken.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm

Does anyone actually disagree that the later rounds of the CL should be reserved for the best teams on the pitch? The best teams are typically the wealthiest, yes.

If something needs to be done it is to adjust how teams qualify to the group stages. I think champions from the medium-good coefficient countries (Poland, Switzerland, Romanians, Austrians, Czechs etc.) should be given automatic group stage spots while the non-champions from the higher coefficient countries (Top 8) should fight a more challenging playoff series.

Also, maintain the champions route for the lower-good coefficient countries (Slovenia, Slovakia, Scotland) presumably without automatic group stage spot and separate them from the non-champions qualification.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:27 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Does anyone actually disagree that the later rounds of the CL should be reserved for the best teams on the pitch? The best teams are typically the wealthiest, yes.

If something needs to be done it is to adjust how teams qualify to the group stages. I think champions from the medium-good coefficient countries (Poland, Switzerland, Romanians, Austrians, Czechs etc.) should be given automatic group stage spots while the non-champions from the higher coefficient countries (Top 8) should fight a more challenging playoff series.

Also, maintain the champions route for the lower-good coefficient countries (Slovenia, Slovakia, Scotland) presumably without automatic group stage spot and separate them from the non-champions qualification.
Thats how it should be like the top 15-20 ranked leagues get automatic CL spots.

More international flair and unpredictable like it used to be. Can you imagine how many clubs would want to win the league even more because of automatic CL spot instead of just trying to stay afloat..

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:56 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Does anyone actually disagree that the later rounds of the CL should be reserved for the best teams on the pitch? The best teams are typically the wealthiest, yes.

I want the best teams playing. Champions league has early rounds have sucked last couple years cuz we have to watch apoel playing olympiacos... Look at how many un-appealing group stage match ups there were last year and then again this year.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:24 pm

karmakop wrote:

I want the best teams playing. Champions league has early rounds have sucked last couple years cuz we have to watch apoel playing olympiacos... Look at how many un-appealing group stage match ups there were last year and then again this year.
yea lets not kid ourselves only reason we have those classified "best" teams playing is because they were given automatic qualification every year regardless if they won the league or not. Easy money for them and they got to grow and invest more. The rest of Europe got screwed and here we are today..guys like you complaining about certain match-ups..and I am complaining about the same old teams over and over...like i said its broken. Fair competition my ass

:roll: :roll: :roll: