BVB Dortmund

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer

How many will Lewandowski score in the Bundesliga?

9 or less
No votes
10 to 16
27%
17 to 23
38%
24 to 29
19%
30 or more
15%

Total votes: 26

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

BVB Dortmund

Post by Hetman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:14 pm

I think this is a simpler way to talk about Piszczek, Kuba, and Lewy @ BVB.
Keep all club news about them here. Will be easier for people to get info on their performances and etc.

So tomorrow they play away in Freiburg at 15:30. Hopefully Kuba gets his starting position back (doubtful) and Lewandowski gets at least 20 minutes like he usually does.

Maria

Post by Maria » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:24 pm

To be honest, the whole spirit for Borussia changed once Kuba and Lewandowski came on the field. A great header from Lewandowski and some awesome footwork by Kuba won the game, but that miss... DEAR GOD THAT MISS.

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:31 pm

that miss was painful, you could see at the end of the match, there, Klopp was comforting kuba aobut it. im sure he feels bad for the guy more so than pissed he missed a sitter.

Maria

Post by Maria » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 pm

FearTheMullet wrote:that miss was painful, you could see at the end of the match, there, Klopp was comforting kuba aobut it. im sure he feels bad for the guy more so than pissed he missed a sitter.
And it sucks because Kuba gives his all when he goes out on the field. That miss, though, is definitely gonna overshadow his hard work and keep him as a substitute rather than a part of the starting XI. Though, I do feel that Lewandowski will become a starter if he keeps up with the form he's in. That great pace he had to pass the ball to Kuba and the excellently guided header should definitely cause Klopp to rethink his lineup. There's obviously some chemistry with the three Poles, and not only will Borussia benefit from having them work together, but the Polish national team will.

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:43 pm

It's actually fantastic that all 3 of them play in BVB together. Even against ivory coast there were a few great moments between kuba/piszczek and a few quick counters as a result. we're definitely getting better based on their form

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:50 pm

overslept and missed this game. from what i read that kuba miss was really bad. kuba needs to really work on his shooting though. his pace gives him great opportunities that he mostly squanders.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Just saw Kuba's miss.... damn that sucks.. unlucky

Highlights

ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:35 pm

wow that was horrible :shock:

just a simple tap in and he would of been straight

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:56 pm

andyzOr wrote:wow that was horrible :shock:

or he could have taken a touch and walked it in. hopefully this is a blessing in disguise and Kuba begins to work harder. he should be a star player for BVB like Barrios and Kagawa are.

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Hopefully its a catalyst for him to be more razor edged with chances/gifts like that. Thats football I guess, one match he scores an absolute screamer running full tilt, the next he misses a sitter with a mountain of space haha

Maria

Post by Maria » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:17 pm

FearTheMullet wrote:Hopefully its a catalyst for him to be more razor edged with chances/gifts like that. Thats football I guess, one match he scores an absolute screamer running full tilt, the next he misses a sitter with a mountain of space haha
I dunno why, but I had a feeling he'd screw up prior to his miss.

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:37 pm

chriskam wrote:
FearTheMullet wrote:Hopefully its a catalyst for him to be more razor edged with chances/gifts like that. Thats football I guess, one match he scores an absolute screamer running full tilt, the next he misses a sitter with a mountain of space haha
I dunno why, but I had a feeling he'd screw up prior to his miss.
Damn your a pessimist bro. I'd have thought if anyone would never screw up a chance like that it would be Kuba for us.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Hetman wrote:

or he could have taken a touch and walked it in. hopefully this is a blessing in disguise and Kuba begins to work harder. he should be a star player for BVB like Barrios and Kagawa are.
looked like the ball bounced up last second. but still a pro should have known not to tilt his leg back on a tap in. Thats beginner training keeping the angle of your foot straight just like on short passes.

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:29 am

karmakop wrote:
Hetman wrote:

looked like the ball bounced up last second. but still a pro should have known not to tilt his leg back on a tap in. Thats beginner training keeping the angle of your foot straight just like on short passes.
it seemed like it did...but Kuba didn't act like a professional on that and it should of been a goal, hell, Benek could of scored that :lol:

that was a horrible miss. real horrible.

robblacha

Post by robblacha » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:22 am

Kuba's miss is already a Youtube hit. :oops:

Maria

Post by Maria » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:58 pm

robblacha wrote:Kuba's miss is already a Youtube hit. :oops:
Now the Nou Camp will finally take notice!!!

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:39 pm

Honestly, it was bad, but theres been players that have been considered superstars and missed shots like that. For example, Tevez
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:02 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:Honestly, it was bad, but theres been players that have been considered superstars and missed shots like that. For example, Tevez
Ronaldo, Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Klose all of them had same misses, even Barrios and Gotze had misses and more often, shit happens... and except for that horrible miss, Kuba was solid, he helped in both goals, and Jorgen wasn't angry about that miss, he plays like sub for strategy not because he's bad.

polishbobo
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by polishbobo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:14 pm

pawelhuu wrote:
PolishPrancer wrote:Honestly, it was bad, but theres been players that have been considered superstars and missed shots like that. For example, Tevez
Ronaldo, Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Klose all of them had same misses, even Barrios and Gotze had misses and more often, shit happens... and except for that horrible miss, Kuba was solid, he helped in both goals, and Jorgen wasn't angry about that miss, he plays like sub for strategy not because he's bad.
If it was 2-2 in the end Kloppy would be furious. Should have been a goal, but alas, things don't always work out!
Polska appreciates

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 pm

http://bundesliga.de/en/liga/news/2010/ ... 169196.php

cool article on lewy. i say he should easily get anywhere from 7-10 goals in his first season. i dunno if i'd prefer him a starter or to take on a sort of ole gunner status over at BVB, as 'the' super sub.