Europa League (Official Thread)

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
Post Reply
User avatar
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4242
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:49 am

its only the beginning. lets save the optimism for later..
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

User avatar
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4242
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Don't worry boys i am here to save you.

Image
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

User avatar
jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:01 pm
Location: Jastkowice > Ottawa > London > New York
Contact:

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by jastkowice » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Lech plays tomorrow and then our other teams on Thursday, should be an interesting couple of days. I think we still have a good shot of getting all of our teams through, just a matter of finishing away.

I wrote a quick note on the chat about Jaga having to endure bullshit in Cyprus, and now there is clear evidence.

Image

Supposedly, Jaga had to go as far away from the stands as possible so they wouldnt get hit with rocks. If this doesnt warrant a walkover then UEFA is a piece of shit. This will be interesting thats for sure.
Image

User avatar
Piast_PL
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1112
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:34 pm
Location: Oakville, ON

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by Piast_PL » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Sorry to all the Jagiellonia and Slask fans out there today, tough matches :cry:
"To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat." - Józef Piłsudski

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7258
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by polskaforever » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:18 pm

Piast_PL wrote:Sorry to all the Jagiellonia and Slask fans out there today, tough matches :cry:
They werent going to get far anyways. Theyre a govt run team..when people work for the govt theyre not as motivated
Image

User avatar
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4242
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 pm

polskaforever wrote:
Piast_PL wrote:Sorry to all the Jagiellonia and Slask fans out there today, tough matches :cry:
They werent going to get far anyways. Theyre a govt run team..when people work for the govt theyre not as motivated

Forever cmon bro lol
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

User avatar
Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1739
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Toronto/London

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by Piecyk02 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:19 am

Pretty cool predictor and shows all the seeds in EL.. http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... l2015.html

Worst possible scenario for Legia is drawing West Ham in the 4th round. As long as we can avoid them and maybe FK Krasnodar or Rapid Wien we should be alright. Partizan wouldn't be ideal either but they're more than beatable

User avatar
JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:56 pm
Location: Brantford - Now in the absolute middle of nowhere - please parachute food and medicine

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by JDE » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:15 pm

jastkowice wrote:
Pulaski wrote:Lech has a tough draw.
Dont see slask and jaga getting past round 2.
PiÄ…tkowski is out. Jaga lost a ton of players.
If slask lose the Paixaio bros say goodnight.
Lech signed no one but scrubs. LEGIA sold off half the team.
I like the Nikolic signing, but they need another striker and some
other help as well

There is a good possibility we get wiped out of Europe in August :(

Very weak teams this year.
Damn Pulaski, what you been drinking? Your acting like our teams are facing off some huge teams, we will be fine. The later stages might be tough, but if we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Slask and Jaga will be fine they are not playing anyone great. Lech and Legia will make some nice signings. I will go out and be super optimistic - Lech advance to group stages and shock the CL world. While Slask and Legia make EL group stages.


Zapisz to ziom!!!!!
:lol: :lol: zapisalem i kurwa przegralem

User avatar
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4242
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:17 pm

:lol: :lol: Image
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7258
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by polskaforever » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:56 pm

:shock: :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:01 pm
Location: Jastkowice > Ottawa > London > New York
Contact:

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by jastkowice » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 am

JDE wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
Pulaski wrote:Lech has a tough draw.
Dont see slask and jaga getting past round 2.
PiÄ…tkowski is out. Jaga lost a ton of players.
If slask lose the Paixaio bros say goodnight.
Lech signed no one but scrubs. LEGIA sold off half the team.
I like the Nikolic signing, but they need another striker and some
other help as well

There is a good possibility we get wiped out of Europe in August :(

Very weak teams this year.
Damn Pulaski, what you been drinking? Your acting like our teams are facing off some huge teams, we will be fine. The later stages might be tough, but if we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Slask and Jaga will be fine they are not playing anyone great. Lech and Legia will make some nice signings. I will go out and be super optimistic - Lech advance to group stages and shock the CL world. While Slask and Legia make EL group stages.


Zapisz to ziom!!!!!
:lol: :lol: zapisalem i kurwa przegralem[/q]

You guys overlooked a small statement - If we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Lech Poznan got fkked with the Basel draw and some bad injuries. Slask and Jaga dropped the ball. I cant be optimistic anymore. Fkk if we cant beat a bunch of scrubs then we dont belong in Europa at all.

If Legia and Lech get into the group stages that would be decent.
Image

User avatar
Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1739
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Toronto/London

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:56 pm

A shit ton of upsets today. I had no idea Trabzonspor is worth 112 mil with guys like Cardozo, M'Bia, Malouda and they lose to village team from Macedonia :lol:

Potential teams for Legia and Amica tomorrow.. thoughts?

Rosenborg BK (Norwegia) 11,875
Karabach Ağdam (Azerbejdżan) 11,500
HNK Hajduk Split (Chorwacja) 11,200
HJK Helsinki (Finlandia) 11,140
Zoria Ługańsk (Ukraina) 10,533
APS Atrómitos Ateny (Grecja) 10,380
Molde FK (Norwegia) 10,375
FC Thun (Szwajcaria) 10,375
Astra Giurgiu (Rumunia) 9,759
Dinamo Mińsk (Białoruś) 9,650
FK Jablonec (Czechy) 9,325
MŠK Žilina (Słowacja) 8,750
FC Midtjylland (Dania) 7,960
Videoton FC (Węgry) 7,950
Broendby Kopenhaga (Dania) 7,460
FK Vojvodina Nowy Sad (Serbia) 6,275
SC Rheindorf Altach (Austria) 5,135
FK Rabotnički Skopje (Macedonia) 4,675
Milsami Orhei (Mołdawia) 3,750
Odds BK (Norwegia) 2,875
Qəbələ FK (Azerbejdżan) 2,750
Kajrat AÅ‚maty (Kazachstan) 2,575

User avatar
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4242
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Worry about Middtyjland,Hajduk,Atromitos, and HJK
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

User avatar
Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1739
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Toronto/London

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:27 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:Worry about Middtyjland,Hajduk,Atromitos, and HJK
Split and Atromitos I'll give you, Karabach because its far as fuck and have already knocked out a few Polish team, Astra, Vojvodina and Jablonec would be the worst possible for me.

Ideal.. Milsami Orhei and Videoton

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7258
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by polskaforever » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:01 pm

jastkowice wrote:
JDE wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
Pulaski wrote:Lech has a tough draw.
Dont see slask and jaga getting past round 2.
PiÄ…tkowski is out. Jaga lost a ton of players.
If slask lose the Paixaio bros say goodnight.
Lech signed no one but scrubs. LEGIA sold off half the team.
I like the Nikolic signing, but they need another striker and some
other help as well

There is a good possibility we get wiped out of Europe in August :(

Very weak teams this year.
Damn Pulaski, what you been drinking? Your acting like our teams are facing off some huge teams, we will be fine. The later stages might be tough, but if we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Slask and Jaga will be fine they are not playing anyone great. Lech and Legia will make some nice signings. I will go out and be super optimistic - Lech advance to group stages and shock the CL world. While Slask and Legia make EL group stages.


Zapisz to ziom!!!!!
:lol: :lol: zapisalem i kurwa przegralem[/q]

You guys overlooked a small statement - If we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Lech Poznan got fkked with the Basel draw and some bad injuries. Slask and Jaga dropped the ball. I cant be optimistic anymore. Fkk if we cant beat a bunch of scrubs then we dont belong in Europa at all.

If Legia and Lech get into the group stages that would be decent.
Lech didnt get faked. They were UNSEEDED. It was their own fault. Lech had no chance to make CL. Not even sure if they will make EL. You thought Lech was going to do better than Legia :lol:

Slask and Jaga were shit to begin with.

I was not optimistic with those clubs.

Only Legia I am optimistic because they have been playing in Europe for a few years in a row now and know what it takes.
Image

User avatar
jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:01 pm
Location: Jastkowice > Ottawa > London > New York
Contact:

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by jastkowice » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:20 am

polskaforever wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
JDE wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
Pulaski wrote:Lech has a tough draw.
Dont see slask and jaga getting past round 2.
PiÄ…tkowski is out. Jaga lost a ton of players.
If slask lose the Paixaio bros say goodnight.
Lech signed no one but scrubs. LEGIA sold off half the team.
I like the Nikolic signing, but they need another striker and some
other help as well

There is a good possibility we get wiped out of Europe in August :(

Very weak teams this year.
Damn Pulaski, what you been drinking? Your acting like our teams are facing off some huge teams, we will be fine. The later stages might be tough, but if we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Slask and Jaga will be fine they are not playing anyone great. Lech and Legia will make some nice signings. I will go out and be super optimistic - Lech advance to group stages and shock the CL world. While Slask and Legia make EL group stages.


Zapisz to ziom!!!!!
:lol: :lol: zapisalem i kurwa przegralem[/q]

You guys overlooked a small statement - If we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Lech Poznan got fkked with the Basel draw and some bad injuries. Slask and Jaga dropped the ball. I cant be optimistic anymore. Fkk if we cant beat a bunch of scrubs then we dont belong in Europa at all.

If Legia and Lech get into the group stages that would be decent.
Lech didnt get faked. They were UNSEEDED. It was their own fault. Lech had no chance to make CL. Not even sure if they will make EL. You thought Lech was going to do better than Legia :lol:

Slask and Jaga were shit to begin with.

I was not optimistic with those clubs.

Only Legia I am optimistic because they have been playing in Europe for a few years in a row now and know what it takes.

Are you that stupid? Out of all the possible opponents Lech drew the worst possible. A team that has excelled not only in CL qualifiers but advanced from group stages vs top teams. Its their own fault? Yes, because they personally selected the ball with Basel on it... ohh man I cant even believe I am reading what you write.

I did think Lech was going to do better, because they were playing very well at the end of the season. I dont know if losing Sadeev hurt them that much, but end of the day they lost their good form. They looked good vs Sarejevo team and also started well vs Basel but eventually fell apart.

Jaga and Slask were huge disappointments. Both of the teams that beat them are also out. Goes to show you how great our 3rd and 4th teams are. Why wouldnt I be optimistic? its good to hope for the best. I am not going to cry about it because they lost. Lech and Legia in group stages would be very nice.
Image

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7258
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by polskaforever » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Legia will be playing against Michaiła Siwakowa.

Image
Image

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7258
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by polskaforever » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:14 pm

jastkowice wrote:
polskaforever wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
JDE wrote:
jastkowice wrote:
Pulaski wrote:Lech has a tough draw.
Dont see slask and jaga getting past round 2.
PiÄ…tkowski is out. Jaga lost a ton of players.
If slask lose the Paixaio bros say goodnight.
Lech signed no one but scrubs. LEGIA sold off half the team.
I like the Nikolic signing, but they need another striker and some
other help as well

There is a good possibility we get wiped out of Europe in August :(

Very weak teams this year.
Damn Pulaski, what you been drinking? Your acting like our teams are facing off some huge teams, we will be fine. The later stages might be tough, but if we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Slask and Jaga will be fine they are not playing anyone great. Lech and Legia will make some nice signings. I will go out and be super optimistic - Lech advance to group stages and shock the CL world. While Slask and Legia make EL group stages.


Zapisz to ziom!!!!!
:lol: :lol: zapisalem i kurwa przegralem[/q]

You guys overlooked a small statement - If we get a good draw we shall be fine.

Lech Poznan got fkked with the Basel draw and some bad injuries. Slask and Jaga dropped the ball. I cant be optimistic anymore. Fkk if we cant beat a bunch of scrubs then we dont belong in Europa at all.

If Legia and Lech get into the group stages that would be decent.
Lech didnt get faked. They were UNSEEDED. It was their own fault. Lech had no chance to make CL. Not even sure if they will make EL. You thought Lech was going to do better than Legia :lol:

Slask and Jaga were shit to begin with.

I was not optimistic with those clubs.

Only Legia I am optimistic because they have been playing in Europe for a few years in a row now and know what it takes.

Are you that stupid? Out of all the possible opponents Lech drew the worst possible. A team that has excelled not only in CL qualifiers but advanced from group stages vs top teams. Its their own fault? Yes, because they personally selected the ball with Basel on it... ohh man I cant even believe I am reading what you write.

I did think Lech was going to do better, because they were playing very well at the end of the season. I dont know if losing Sadeev hurt them that much, but end of the day they lost their good form. They looked good vs Sarejevo team and also started well vs Basel but eventually fell apart.

Jaga and Slask were huge disappointments. Both of the teams that beat them are also out. Goes to show you how great our 3rd and 4th teams are. Why wouldnt I be optimistic? its good to hope for the best. I am not going to cry about it because they lost. Lech and Legia in group stages would be very nice.
Just because Lech was doing better at the end of the season doesnt mean Lech had a better chance than Legia to qualify to CL. Legia just went into poor form at the wrong time and never got out of it in time. Legia on paper and SEED ranking had a better chance to qualify to CL than Lech. Plus Legia players gained valuable experience playing in Europe while Lech was just only playing in EK.

If Lech did well in Europe under Rumak then they wouldnt be drawn with teams like Basel but thats what happens when you have a low SEED ranking and it is their own fault.
Image

User avatar
jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:01 pm
Location: Jastkowice > Ottawa > London > New York
Contact:

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by jastkowice » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Amazing quote by Videoton coach - He stated that he was shocked that Lech didnt beat Basel, because Basel had not only lost their head coach but a couple of players. Ohhhh fuck this is just pure gold. Then he proceeds to say Videoton and Lech are very similar in strength.

Has this guy been living under a rock? Basel over the years has humiliated PL teams and this coach thinks Lech should of taken them out... ohh shit

As for Legias opponents they have been kicking ass in the league, last game 4-0 games before 3-0, 6-0.. Gonna be a tough matchup for sure. Ukraine is a way better league than EK but anything can happen. Obviously, I hope both of our teams get through and we should. But, knowing our Polish luck we will have no teams in Europa.
Image

User avatar
Pulaski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Warszawa

Re: Europa League (Official Thread)

Post by Pulaski » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:31 am

Lech cannot even win a EK match! They blow!
Lech are hopeless!!! :(

Legia will have their hands full this week. We shall see if Legia can make the groups...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests