Polish Players in Leagues Around the World

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:07 pm

I get what you are saying... If Kuba or Obraniak were playing for United, they'd do great.

The thing is though, why should United settle for Kuba or Obraniak when they can have much better? :lol:

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 pm

They'd do "great" because the team would carry them. None of our guys are world class. None of our players could fetch a 20 million transfer fee or even 10 right now. Kuba's being benched for Goetze, a guy who probably wouldn't start for Bayern. Jelen only made it to Auxerre. Were an average European squad. Qualifying for a tourney here and there, nothing more.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Jelen is/was a clas above Auxerre. Injuries among other things held him back.

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Hetman wrote:They'd do "great" because the team would carry them. None of our guys are world class. None of our players could fetch a 20 million transfer fee or even 10 right now. Kuba's being benched for Goetze, a guy who probably wouldn't start for Bayern. Jelen only made it to Auxerre. Were an average European squad. Qualifying for a tourney here and there, nothing more.
You don't need to have star players to be a good National Team. The Greeks did it in 04, and most of their squad played for the second teir Greek league.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:46 pm

andyzOr wrote:
Hetman wrote:They'd do "great" because the team would carry them. None of our guys are world class. None of our players could fetch a 20 million transfer fee or even 10 right now. Kuba's being benched for Goetze, a guy who probably wouldn't start for Bayern. Jelen only made it to Auxerre. Were an average European squad. Qualifying for a tourney here and there, nothing more.
You don't need to have star players to be a good National Team. The Greeks did it in 04, and most of their squad played for the second teir Greek league.
The greeks just played their classic lockdown defense and had pretty good chemistry together. Obviously with a little luck. If i remember correctly, back then the whole Greek NT midfield played in Panathinaikos together.
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:12 am

PolishPrancer wrote:
andyzOr wrote:
The greeks just played their classic lockdown defense and had pretty good chemistry together. Obviously with a little luck. If i remember correctly, back then the whole Greek NT midfield played in Panathinaikos together.
Yep. I agree.

We need that chemistry and that same willingness to win as the Greeks had. Cause if we don't we are gonna be shit out of luck come Euro 2012.

Just figure, the Greeks won in 04 in the final vs the host nation. If the Greeks had the opportunity to host Euro 2012 they would get that same, if not better, discipline and motivation to win as they did in 04. We just need to be a good/well organized national team if we want to succeed cause our players aren't world class, lets not fool ourselves.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:59 am

it wasnt just lock down defense. they played unsporting soccer. passed the ball between defenders for 10 minutes before they moved up and then defensively they had 9 players in the penalty box. they basically showed Jose Mourinho that u can beat any team playing that style of anti-football.

Rafinho
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Rafinho » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Kuba just scored in the 12thmin!

Club Friendly - Uhren Cup

HT Borussia Dortmund 1 - 1 Zurich

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:15 pm

Was it a good goal?

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Turns out our poles at Arsenal won some cups after all:

Fabianski :lol:

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:56 pm

I think Grosicki is playing for Sivasspor against Stuttgart in a friendly. Currently half time, 1-1.

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:39 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I think Grosicki is playing for Sivasspor against Stuttgart in a friendly. Currently half time, 1-1.
Dudka scored one for Auxerre the other day vs. Kaiserslautern. Auxerre won the game 2-1...

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:36 pm

anyone know what the word is with Jelen?? Is he injury free @ the moment?

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:40 pm

euro4ever wrote:anyone know what the word is with Jelen?? Is he injury free @ the moment?
Hes injury free its just that no club really wants him. Auxerre dealt with his issues, but other clubs will prolly not tolerate this as much as Auxerre does/has. The best caliber club that has interests is Zenit. Zenit is a improvement from Auxerre..

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Zenit revealed they have no interest in Jelen.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Obraniak had an assist in the french super cup he came on kinda late.... idk why he doesnt start
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

LewandowskiBvB

Post by LewandowskiBvB » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Is there any chance sandomierski will leave the EK ?

Hetman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hetman » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:25 pm

LewandowskiBvB wrote:Is there any chance sandomierski will leave the EK ?
seems pretty certain to happen soon.

Leadcomic

Post by Leadcomic » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Rediculous. The Lille coach once again screws Obraniak and puts some other scrub in his place for the French supercup. The scrub did nothing while Obraniak comes on as a sub and gets two assists including one really nice defense splitting one. He needs to leave if this coach isn't giving him the respect he deserves.

pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Leadcomic wrote:Rediculous. The Lille coach once again screws Obraniak and puts some other scrub in his place for the French supercup. The scrub did nothing while Obraniak comes on as a sub and gets two assists including one really nice defense splitting one. He needs to leave if this coach isn't giving him the respect he deserves.

Yes Obraniak situation is like Forlan in Atletico, he needs to leave or his coach will destroy his talent.