2013 TRANSFERS thread

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Jelen gone to Lille which is great - hope he shines in the CL...but we also have CSKA Moscow who are trying to bring in Kuszczak - I really hope he goes where he will have a shot at goalkeeper as their number one Igor Akineev is injured ...

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 pm

jastkowice wrote:Jelen gone to Lille which is great - hope he shines in the CL...but we also have CSKA Moscow who are trying to bring in Kuszczak - I really hope he goes where he will have a shot at goalkeeper as their number one Igor Akineev is injured ...
ya, except Akinfeev is pretty damn good when on form. Our boy will play for now then eventually end up on the bench..

Maria

Post by Maria » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:33 pm

Santos, Mertesacker, and Young are all done deals.

Wenger is in France right now getting more players. I can see us spending over 20M for one or two players. Dunno if we're gonna get Hazard, but I'm pretty confident with M'vila. Such an amazing young talent. Would love to have him, but dunno if we necessarily need another CDM. I'm looking more into a creative midfielder like Martin, but who knows we might get both :]

In a dream world we'd get Hazard, M'Vila AND Martin! Oh if one can dream :']

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:52 am

I remember Martin from the game he played against us, he was shite. :|

Akinfeev is highly overrated according to every Russian i've spoken too. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuszczak seriously challenges Igor for #1.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:16 am

Arsene's looking at Mertesacker I heard, too. Which would be a great buy; an experienced world class defender. Arsene's got a penchant for buying young talented individuals with potential, but you just have to get experience sometimes. you need it

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:14 am

Mertesacker is all but signed.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:14 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I remember Martin from the game he played against us, he was shite. :|

Akinfeev is highly overrated according to every Russian i've spoken too. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuszczak seriously challenges Igor for #1.
He doesn't need to beat him out as he is out with a serious knee injury up to 6 months!!!

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 am

Arsenal sign some out of the blue players. Gervhino, Chamakh, Koscielny and Park, imo are not Arsenal caliber players.

Arsenal won't even be top 3 on the table. Top 5 is also pushing it. I know its still early in the season, but imo I don't fancy the direction Arsenal is heading in.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 am

Arsenal are getting Per mertsacker. great get for them

and they are rumored to be going after clint dempsey????? really. thats stupid. hes good but not Arsenal caliber.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Santos and Mertesacker signed.

M'Villa is priced at 30m so Arsenal is out..

Renato Augusto, Montolivo, Arteta, Dempsey, Hazard being linked. Reports coming in a bid of 10m for Arteta.

In addition to those 5, Benayoun is choosing between Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal and Wenger is still looking for an additional defender. (Samba being linked)

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:03 pm

SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Raul Meireles you whore.....

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Jelen going to Lille is so great!! Shieettt. Hes got a solid chance to be a starter right ?
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Lol, after Arsenal's been linked to tons of great players and Arsenal putting in bids and enquiry's on tons more, they end up with Benayoun and Arteta. :lol:

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:Jelen going to Lille is so great!! Shieettt. Hes got a solid chance to be a starter right ?
Id think so. I think Jelen is the only striker that Lille bought this summer..

Maria

Post by Maria » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:15 am

I like all our signings. Arteta is proven in the EPL and a quality CAM. No Fabregas, but then again the only quality replacement for him is Xavi and Iniesta.

The Israeli fuck is a better Rosicky, so now we have more depth :]

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 am

We replaced quality with quantity. I think it's a little pathetic it took the 8-2 devastation to finally get Wenger spending. If the club had all summer to look for new players we could be having a much higher caliber of players than Benayoun and Arteta.

Also I find the grande irony being we didn't want to pay Nasri the 110k a week he demanded, but Benayoun+Arteta are being paid 120k a week together. :lol: :oops:

Mertesacker and Vermaelen can form a great partnership, and I highly rate Andre Santos, though a lot of people hate him... We will have to see how he does.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:12 am

ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:37 am

SlaskWroclaw18 wrote:Raul Meireles you whore.....
yea what the fuck is that shit. although there really is no room for him. hed be on the bench all season barring injuries. lpool is stacked at midfield and Gerrard isnt even back yet although i think he should play right behind suarez. O yeah weird thing about Meireles going to chelsea is that Villas- Boas got rid of him when he was at Porto and now wants him back.
Sebastian Coates was a great signing for the future. wanna see him play although i dont think he'll be getting that much playing time this season. only 20 years old.

SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:27 am

karmakop wrote:
SlaskWroclaw18 wrote:Raul Meireles you whore.....
yea what the fuck is that shit. although there really is no room for him. hed be on the bench all season barring injuries. lpool is stacked at midfield and Gerrard isnt even back yet although i think he should play right behind suarez. O yeah weird thing about Meireles going to chelsea is that Villas- Boas got rid of him when he was at Porto and now wants him back.
Sebastian Coates was a great signing for the future. wanna see him play although i dont think he'll be getting that much playing time this season. only 20 years old.
I really liked Meireles but of course he plays one season and expects a new contract, so he just looks for the money in Chelsea. I hope his form suffers like Torres's and Benayoun's did. The midfield is still has a lot of depth even without him with Henderson, Adam, Gerrard(when he comes back), Lucas, Downing, and even Shelvey and Spearing have potential. With Meireles I would say we would of had one of the best midfields in the league, but even without him our midfield looks really formidable.
Bellamy was a good free transfer considering he can be useful off the bench. As it looks now, it looks like Suarez is going to be paired up with Kuyt until (hopefully it's only a question of just when, not if) Carroll finds his form.