Official Celtic Thread

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
pawelhuu

Post by pawelhuu » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:57 pm

euro4ever wrote:
AKsoldier wrote:
euro4ever wrote:
nitram wrote:Zaluka made some pretty nice saves here in canada
I hope he was on the bench today cuz celtic got hammered 3-0!!!
Unfortunately, he started today.

Not sure if any of the goals were his fault though.
hard to say but the 3rd goal he gave up should have been saved..

http://www.footytube.com/video/sp-braga ... -leg-52538
Yes he lost the ball many times, It's strange that they played with a red ball I think maybe Zaluska has some daltonism.

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Hey guys,

It looks like another Polak could be on his way to Celtic Park soon, our manager Neil Lennon confirmed today that we've made a bid, supposedly of £1.8m, for goalie Gregorz Sandomierski.

Lukasz Zaluska is currently the No.1 and has made a good start to the season with two clean sheets in our opening two SPL games, so he won't be easy to displace if he maintains his current form.

What can you tell me about Sandomierski's qualities as a goalkeeper? How does he compare with Artur Boruc at a similar age for example?

Cheers.
Hail, Hail, the Celts are here!

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:38 am

@King - Sando would of been a nice fit but as we all know he is now at GENK. Its funny how the goalkeeper situation which was Zaluska dream job might be taken away from him once again as Celtic has brought back Foster on loan again.

What I would like to see is Zaluska given an honest shot - allow him to play 10 games and see how his form is, people are quick to judge and Ive read on several celtic forums that Zaluska is not good enough to be Celtic #1 when only two or three years ago he was one of the best keepers in Scotland.

Well, that didnt take long for Celtic to fuck Zaluska up Fabian "giant" foster started in the Europa game and he hasnt even been at the club for a week. Fcking pathetic...thats how much trust they give to Zaluska - what a slap in the face

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:04 am

Here are a couple of interviews with Pawel Brozek about his move to Celtic, and our manager Neil Lennon on the player too.

Brozek: I’m hungry for my chance at Celtic

NEW Bhoy Pawel Brozek was officially unveiled at the Lennoxtown Training Centre this afternoon, (Tuesday) and held aloft his new No.17 shirt as he faced the Scottish media for the first time.

And despite Celtic’s strike partnership of Gary Hooper and Anthony Stokes having scored an impressive 33 goals between them already this season, the Polish internationalist is looking forward to challenging them for a place in Neil Lennon´s starting XI.

The striker, who has joined on loan from Turkish side, Trabzonspor, until the end of the season, took part in his first training today with his new Celtic team-mates.

“Of course it will be hard to get into the team,” Brozek admitted. “There are some great strikers playing here at the moment but I’m always up for the challenge.

"There’s going to be a lot of competition but I’m prepared to take on that challenge – that’s always the way it is at such a big club like Celtic.”

And the Polish striker admitted he didn’t have to think twice about his move to Glasgow as a club the size of Celtic’s would have been too hard to turn down.

“It was a pleasure that Celtic were interested in me and this was the only offer that counted,” he explained. “They were very determined to sign me so I never had any hesitation when they came in for me.

"It’s a very popular club with great players so I had no doubt about coming here. I’m very happy I´m here and I will do everything to make sure I give the best performances possible.”

Brozek, who joined forces with fellow countryman Lukasz Zaluska on his arrival, went on to explain his Celtic connections and admitted his fellow Poles helped make his decision an easy one.

“The presence of others Poles at the club influenced me,” he said. “Lukaz Zaluska is here and Maciej Zurawski, who I played with at Wisla Krakow, and Artur Boruc, who I spoke to about this move, were also here. That obviously influenced my decision.

“It’s hard to beat such a club legend who the fans respected so much, though” he said, referring to Boruc. “He was such a hero but obviously that´s something to aspire to.

“Of course we are a bit different in personality but I know him well from the national team and I always respected him when we played together.”

The striker is keen to make the Polish squad this summer when his country co-host the European Championships with Ukraine, but while Brozek hopes his performances for the Hoops in the coming months will help him earn a call-up, he isn’t thinking that far ahead at the moment.

“I am a hungry player but my main task first is to fight for a place in the starting XI for Celtic,” he said. “The European Championships is in six months time so we will see what happens when that comes around.

“I’m not thinking about the national team at the moment, though. The most important thing for me to do is play my best for Celtic. And if I manage to do that then I can start to think about a place at the European Championships.”

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:06 am

Manager: Brozek will provide extra goal threat

NEIL Lennon believes the signing of Polish internationalist striker, Pawel Brozek, from Trabzonspor will significantly boost Celtic’s attacking options.

The 28-year-old has agreed terms on a loan deal with the club until the end of the season, subject to a medical.

He is the Hoops’ fourth recruit of the January transfer window, following the arrivals of Mikael Lustig, Rabiu Ibrahim and fellow Pole Jaroslaw Fojut, who has signed a pre-contract agreement with Celtic.

Delighted to have secured Brozek’s services for the remainder of the campaign, the manager highlighted his impressive goalscoring credentials and reckons he is a player hungry for success.

The Hoops boss said: “He scored a lot of goals in Poland and he will give the squad a jag. I can’t keep relying on Gary Hooper and Stokesy for the goals. If one of them gets injured or suspended, we could be a goalscorer short, and Pawel is a goalscorer.

“His record in Poland is excellent. He’s gone to Trabzonspor and for one reason or another it’s not worked out in terms of the amount of games he’s played.

“It might because they played a different formation but what we do know is that he’s a goalscorer – right-foot, left-foot, and he can head the ball as well.

“The other good thing about it is that he’s got the European Championships in front of him and he needs to play to stake a claim. It’s in his home country so he will come here very motivated to play and to be successful.

“He’s a bit like Hooper, he’s sharp with good feet, he knows where the goal is and is a bit like Maciej Zurawski when he first came.”

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:59 am

I expect Brozek to do well and score plenty, even tho there arnt many games left in the SPL...
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Brozek won't be involved in our cup game at Inverness tomorrow as apparently he's still short of match fitness, but Neil Lennon said he expects him to be available to play against Hearts next Wednesday.

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official Celtic Thread

Post by Party Polak » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:58 am

WTF is Brozek doing at Celtic? Plucking his unibrow on the bench?

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:13 am

:lol: brozinho :oops:
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:10 am

Brozek can kiss his euro hopes good bye.

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 pm

polskazfynezt69 wrote:Brozek can kiss his euro hopes good bye.

What Hopes? He didn't really have any IMO. but that's just me >.> haha

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 am

This thread has really gone to shit!

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Celtic 2 - 1 Barcelona

HAIL! HAIL!

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Party Polak wrote:Celtic 2 - 1 Barcelona

HAIL! HAIL!

HAIL!

:mrgreen:

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Celtic is shit but congrats nontheless.

Did Barca finish the game with 80% possession like they finished at half time?

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:21 am

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:00 pm

"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:23 pm

jeezus h christ. :lol:

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:33 am

That is awesome.
It's the amount of times the ball hits the back of the net !

JDE
Youth Team
Youth Team
Location: Stoner's Creek - Just beyond and above Hamilton's debauchery

Post by JDE » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:09 pm

hail hail mate