Official Celtic Thread

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:57 pm

euro4ever wrote:anyone know what the lineups will be for Celtc vs Benfica?

I would take mostly Reserve Players..
I think it will be mostly reserve players, the match is clashing with all the International games this week. I've heard that it's a 50,000 sell-out though, which is pretty impressive, so there should be a great atmosphere anyway.

I take it you're going to the game?
Hail, Hail, the Celts are here!

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:57 am

yeah I'm going this evening..it's being played @ BMO field..so I don't know where you got the 50,000?? BMO field holds 20,500... & as of right now there are still seats available.

It sucks that Załuska was called up for NT duty...I was hoping to get a live look @ him!!!!

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 pm

So the game ended up being not to bad in terms of quality & action. Much better to what Toronto fans see day in & day out with Toronto FC.
it was 3-1 for Benfica & they really showed there Technical abilities. Celtic looked lost for most parts of the game. Mind you Benfica had better players on the field. The attendance was 16900 which I guess was not bad but really should have been a sell out. I would say there were a little more Benfica Fans then Celts. It would be nice to see these friendlys more often even though the games don't mean much.

Mateusz3

Post by Mateusz3 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:32 am

Zaluska driving Boruc to new heights at Celtic
05.09.09 | tribalfootball.com
Celtic keeper coach Stevie Woods says the arrival of Lukasz Zaluska has forced Artur Boruc to work overtime to keep his No1 status.

Woods said: "Having another Pole at the club has helped. It's a big factor.

"There is a challenge from Lukasz and that actually seems to have made him happy. The competition is good for him and also the camaraderie.

"It's his best friend and if he loses his position to him at Celtic then he also loses his position to him for the Poland national side.

"That would be a double whammy for him.

"But when training gets tough they urge each other on in Polish - slaughtering me knowing I can't understand a word of it."

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Zaluska might be making his competitive debut for Celtic tomorrow against his old club as apparently Boruc is doubtful with an injury. We've got quite a few other injury worries with players returning from International duty and McGeady suspended too, so a tough enough match against Dundee Utd has been made even more difficult - hopefully being at home we can do enough to take the three points though.

The huns have got a hard game themselves away to Motherwell, but every time i build up my hopes about them dropping points they end up winning so this time i'll just hope for the best. :?

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:29 am

Mateusz3 wrote:Zaluska driving Boruc to new heights at Celtic
05.09.09 | tribalfootball.com
Celtic keeper coach Stevie Woods says the arrival of Lukasz Zaluska has forced Artur Boruc to work overtime to keep his No1 status.

Woods said: "Having another Pole at the club has helped. It's a big factor.

"There is a challenge from Lukasz and that actually seems to have made him happy. The competition is good for him and also the camaraderie.

"It's his best friend and if he loses his position to him at Celtic then he also loses his position to him for the Poland national side.

"That would be a double whammy for him.

Well Boruc was not the best inform for NT...those 2 games just played he should have saved 3 goals!!!

"But when training gets tough they urge each other on in Polish - slaughtering me knowing I can't understand a word of it."

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 pm

An absolutely pathetic result and performance for Celtic in Europe tonight. Hapoel were a poor side yet thoroughly deserved to beat us, that's how bad we were. After a promising start to the season things are taking a u-turn for the worse with our past few performances. Mowbray needs to sort it out, but unfortunately we look as though we badly need some new players to see any sort of improvement and that takes money - which our board just don't seem willing to spend.

As for our chances in the Europa League? It's going to take some big results in our remaining games to have any chance of qualifying now. It's a fucking pitiful state of affairs at the moment.

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:38 am

how did the pole in goal play???

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:00 pm

euro4ever wrote:how did the pole in goal play???
Alongside McGeady and Samaras he was probably the only Celtic player who could hold his head high after the match, the Celtic fans have been going pretty ballistic about the performance and the players need to respond with a good result against Hearts tomorrow.

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:18 pm

I've put together a compilation of highlights from Celtic's matches played in August this season for anyone who wants to check our progress so far, since Celtic highlights seem to be quite hard to find if you're living abroad. I'll do the same for the September games once i get a hold of today's match at St Mirren.

Download link below (74mb file).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NB96UQ9D

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:25 pm

celts defeat st mirren 2-0.
Paddy McCourt really is something...

Maloney with the other gol. Rangers lose, things are looking bright for the SPL title so far. :D

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:58 pm

polskazfynezt69 wrote:celts defeat st mirren 2-0.
Paddy McCourt really is something...

Maloney with the other gol. Rangers lose, things are looking bright for the SPL title so far. :D
He scored practically an identical goal in midweek in the cup too, the guy's skill and ability levels are phenomenal! A massive week coming up for Celtic now, with a must-win game against Rapid Vienna in Europe in midweek and then we visit our good friends over at Ibrox for the first time this season next Sunday.

Top of the league by 4 points just now, which is a pretty decent position at the moment.

Leadcomic

Post by Leadcomic » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Hmm well this thread has gotten awfully quiet, has a dip in team form silenced the fans?
Anyway I feel bad for that player John Kennedy who had to retire do to med problems. Was on track to be a star it seems till that Romanian destroyed his knee in his first international match. .Wish him luck outside soccer!

Heres a picture of the twat who ruined his career http://media2.gruprc.ro/photo/thumbs/45 ... ddc8e3.jpg

Leadcomic

Post by Leadcomic » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Ha I'd never think I'd see it but its a Polak who supports the Rangers. Saw him posting a comment on a Boruc clip on how Boruc is shit an should leave Celtic for a San Marino team. http://www.youtube.com/user/polishranger

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Rumour in Glasgow atm is Robbie Keane will sign for Celtic, with Boruc going down to Spurs in a swap deal in the January transfer window.

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:09 am

King_Henrik wrote:Rumour in Glasgow atm is Robbie Keane will sign for Celtic, with Boruc going down to Spurs in a swap deal in the January transfer window.
Sounds like a win-win situation for everyone involved.

Even if Boruc does leave Celtic, we will still have a Pole in goal in Glasgow :lol:
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:02 am

Robbie Keane isn't good enough.

polskazfynezt69
First Team
First Team

Post by polskazfynezt69 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:27 pm

I really cannot see Robbie Keane to Celtic. These rumors have been swirling for a long time...

Rafinho
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Rafinho » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:09 pm

King_Henrik wrote:Rumour in Glasgow atm is Robbie Keane will sign for Celtic, with Boruc going down to Spurs in a swap deal in the January transfer window.
If this is true it's gonna be nice because Boruc needs to leave the SPL bigtime and rebuilding his career in a top 6/7 EPL side.. why NAT!

King Henrik normally provides pretty reliable facts about Celtic so I hope he's right.

Pan Borkowski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pan Borkowski » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:49 pm

AKsoldier wrote:Sounds like a win-win situation for everyone involved.
Boruc will have to work his ass off to steal the starting spot from Gomes.