Official Celtic Thread

Discuss all the hot topics from the world of international soccer
PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:57 pm

d0m wrote:
karmakop wrote:Samaras= Smolarek

Both are feable and lack skill and speed. Both are just scrappy guys.
Samaras lack speed???? he is one fast mother fucker trust me.
Samaras is like a horse, he gained some muscle. A Jesus horse :lol:
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:38 pm

PolishPrancer wrote:
d0m wrote:
karmakop wrote:Samaras= Smolarek

Both are feable and lack skill and speed. Both are just scrappy guys.
Samaras lack speed???? he is one fast mother fucker trust me.
Samaras is like a horse, he gained some muscle. A Jesus horse :lol:
yea Samaras is fast compared to who??? Just like a bunch of you guys always said Ebi was fast when he rarely beats a defender in a chase for a through ball.

Both of them run like horses if thats what u mean... They move their legs quick but pound into the ground.

thebadguy

Post by thebadguy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:54 pm

I cant see Celtic beating Arsenal at the Emirates this round
|| WISLA (1906) KRAKOW ||

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:25 pm

King_Henrik wrote:We were poor against Arsenal, other than McGeady and possibly N'Guemo no-one in the outfield really played anywhere near their best. The goals we lost were unlucky, but our possession play wasn't good enough and we didn't create nearly enough chances to take anything from the game. I'm not expecting a miracle in the second leg, so it looks like Europa League football for Celtic this season, hopefully we'll be good enough to progress to the latter stages of that competition.

We were back in SPL action today and beat St Johnstone 5-2. Marco Fortune scored his first two goals for Celtic and we played well, but the goals we lost were sloppy and Caldwell made another poor error to gift them a goal. The guy needs to be dropped now, he isn't half the player that he seems to think he is and makes far too many errors for a defender.

The huns are playing Hearts away tomorrow, so hopefully they'll get a hard game there.

it's funny cuz it looks from the replay that Boruc should have done better on both of those goals????

http://www.nasinajlepsi.pl/video/1036,b ... stone.html

FearTheMullet
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by FearTheMullet » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:04 am

off topic but since its a link on that website:

http://www.nasinajlepsi.pl/video/1033,b ... adryt.html

about 30 seconds in, kuba plows Cristiano Ronaldo over, hahaha!

He had a good match id say, too bad nothing connected for BVB, and casilas waslucky on that deflection, would have been an epic goal!

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:59 pm

euro4ever wrote:
King_Henrik wrote:We were poor against Arsenal, other than McGeady and possibly N'Guemo no-one in the outfield really played anywhere near their best. The goals we lost were unlucky, but our possession play wasn't good enough and we didn't create nearly enough chances to take anything from the game. I'm not expecting a miracle in the second leg, so it looks like Europa League football for Celtic this season, hopefully we'll be good enough to progress to the latter stages of that competition.

We were back in SPL action today and beat St Johnstone 5-2. Marco Fortune scored his first two goals for Celtic and we played well, but the goals we lost were sloppy and Caldwell made another poor error to gift them a goal. The guy needs to be dropped now, he isn't half the player that he seems to think he is and makes far too many errors for a defender.

The huns are playing Hearts away tomorrow, so hopefully they'll get a hard game there.

it's funny cuz it looks from the replay that Boruc should have done better on both of those goals????

http://www.nasinajlepsi.pl/video/1036,b ... stone.html
I don't think he had much of a chance on either tbh, the first one was struck with great power and the 2nd was a pretty accurate shot off the inside of the post. I'll be happy to concede 1 or 2 every game as long as Celtic score 5. :D

Typical of the huns to get an undeserved last-minute penalty in their game when it looked as though they were going to drop points as well - some things just never change in Scottish football.
Last edited by King_Henrik on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hail, Hail, the Celts are here!

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:07 pm

Tony Mowbray's views on the Arsenal game.

The manager and players are saying all the right things about the tie still being alive, but it we go through tomorrow night it'll be an absolute miracle of biblical proportions. Personally i'm expecting a 2-0 or 3-0 loss.

MANAGER : FIRST GOAL IS VITAL

IT’S being billed as mission impossible, a game that Celtic have virtually no hope of winning.

With the players chasing a two-goal deficit after an opening-leg defeat in their UEFA Champions League play-off against Arsenal, the odds are stacked against them.

The challenge, as Tony Mowbray explained at the pre-match press conference in London, is to get the first goal at the Emirates Stadium tomorrow night and try and set the wheels in motion for what would be an incredible turnaround.

The manager said: “I don’t think we should paint this as anything other than a very difficult task for us after the first leg.

“It’s a game we are looking forward to, we are here to play a football match and we’ll see how we get on.

“I spoke immediately after the game at Celtic Park about the importance of getting the first goal down here, to make it 2-1 on aggregate.

“The third goal is vitally important in any football match. That goal either puts the game to bed or makes the team in front very nervous. We are at half time in this tie, let’s see if we can get the next goal.”

With the game being played away from home against a team renowned for its attacking prowess, the manager was then asked if he would adopt a different approach in London.

“I think the game plan is to ensure that we are not out of the tie and that we give ourselves a chance,” he said.

“We have to make sure we don’t concede an early goal, but we are here to play a football match and test ourselves against what is, in my opinion, one of the best teams in world football and one of the best coaches.

“We gave a decent account of ourselves in the first game and can count ourselves unfortunate that we conceded the first goal in the way that we did.

“Arsenal are a good side and we are not stating that they did not deserve to win the match that night, but let’s hope that we carry a bit of good fortune tomorrow night and see where that takes us.”

Regardless of the result tomorrow night, one of the teams can count on European football this season in the shape of the Europa Cup, as the losing side parachutes into the newly formatted competition.

This, however, is something that has never crossed his mind.

“I have never concerned myself with ‘the safety net’ of the Europa League,” said Mowbray, “we are here to try and win a football match, as we do every time we play.

“It’s no consolation for us, but if that’s going to be the case after tomorrow night then we will enjoy the excitement of European football and we will be as competitive as we can in whatever competition we are playing in and will try and as many games as we can.”

The manager again highlighted the respect he has for Arsenal and, in particular, their manager, Arsene Wenger.

This is mainly down to the Frenchman’s football philosophy and ability to find talented young players and mould them into world-class performers.

He has every respect for Celtic’s opponents, but will wait and see what kind of outcome an early goal will have.

“I think we will wait and see what effect the first goal has,” he said. “I think if they go a goal down they will go chasing another goal to try and put things right.

“That might allow us to nick a second one and then it might become pretty interesting for everyone I suppose.

“I can’t sit and talk about every kick of the ball and what might happen, all I do know is that Arsenal are an exceptional side, they will create chances on the night.

“I hope that we can create chances as well and then it’s down to us to see if we can take them.

“Let’s wait and see. I am looking forward to the game. The players are looking forward to the game and we have to be positive, but we can’t be cavalier or too expansive, because Arsenal are as good as anybody in picking holes in teams.

“Let’s just get the balance right and if it doesn’t go right for us, we will move on very quickly to the next game. And if we do win, I will have to get the feet of the players on the ground very quickly and look forward to Sunday.”

Rafinho
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Rafinho » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 pm

I just watched the highlights of the game.. the first penalty shot for Arsenal was a complete joke everyone is saying how bad that was of a call pure dive by Eduardo even Arsenal fans know it.. to bad tho because that first goal basically screwed them, Boruc from what I seen in highlights made some nice saves during the game and in my opinion none of the goals were his fault.

Wyszkowiak

Post by Wyszkowiak » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:22 am

correction: the first 90 minutes of the 2 leg encounter screwed them.

karmakop
First Team
First Team

Post by karmakop » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 am

El Rafal wrote:I just watched the highlights of the game.. the first penalty shot for Arsenal was a complete joke everyone is saying how bad that was of a call pure dive by Eduardo even Arsenal fans know it.. to bad tho because that first goal basically screwed them, Boruc from what I seen in highlights made some nice saves during the game and in my opinion none of the goals were his fault.
Celtic had 1 shot on goal!!!

Rafinho
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Rafinho » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:44 am

karmakop wrote:
El Rafal wrote:I just watched the highlights of the game.. the first penalty shot for Arsenal was a complete joke everyone is saying how bad that was of a call pure dive by Eduardo even Arsenal fans know it.. to bad tho because that first goal basically screwed them, Boruc from what I seen in highlights made some nice saves during the game and in my opinion none of the goals were his fault.
Ok whats your point here? I just said that Boruc wasn't at fault for any of the goals really and Eduardo is a little bitch for diving like that.. that PK was basically the end of the night for Celtic.

Also I was just reading some articles that the Scottish FA is gonna try to ban Eduardo for acouple matches because of his little pussy dive.. it ruins the game so much.

RafalTrawicki
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by RafalTrawicki » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Rafinho wrote:
karmakop wrote:
Ok whats your point here? I just said that Boruc wasn't at fault for any of the goals really and Eduardo is a little bitch for diving like that.. that PK was basically the end of the night for Celtic.

Also I was just reading some articles that the Scottish FA is gonna try to ban Eduardo for acouple matches because of his little pussy dive.. it ruins the game so much.
I don't get how they haven't done anything about diving yet. It's basically a form of attempted match fixing.....
O. o >.<

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:44 pm

RafalTrawicki wrote:
Rafinho wrote:
karmakop wrote:

I don't get how they haven't done anything about diving yet. It's basically a form of attempted match fixing.....
They've given out cards for diving before, but they really need to crack down on it harder.

"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

RafalTrawicki
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by RafalTrawicki » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:11 pm

nitram wrote:
RafalTrawicki wrote:
Rafinho wrote:
karmakop wrote:

They've given out cards for diving before, but they really need to crack down on it harder.

No no no, that's not what I'm talking about. Actions should be taken after the games using video replay. I know they give cards for simulation, and think even that should be changed to a red.
O. o >.<

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:55 pm

It seems that Eduardo is facing a ban for his dive, hopefully UEFA will throw the book at the cheating little prick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 223917.stm

The draw for the Europa League group stages took place today and Celtic will be playing Hamburg, Hapoel Tel-Aviv, and Rapid Vienna in our group. Quite a tough group and we'll need to play well to progress.

Our full Europa League fixtures are :

Group C

Hamburg
Celtic
Hapoel Tel-Aviv
Rapid Vienna

Sep 17 v Hapoel Tel-Aviv (a)
Oct 01 v Rapid Vienna (h)
Oct 22 v Hamburg (h)
Nov 05 v Hamburg (a)
Dec 02 v Hapoel Tel-Aviv (h)
Dec 17 v Rapid Vienna (a)

More immediately we have a tough game in the SPL on Sunday away to Hibs, they've started the season well with a 100% record so we'll need to be at our best to beat them. And Massimo Donati has left to join Bari in a £1.3m deal, so there should hopefully be some more transfer activity coming in to Celtic before the end of the transfer window.

andyzOr
First Team
First Team

Post by andyzOr » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:58 pm

I think Hamburg are going to beat Celtic, home 2-0 and tie 1-1 away.

The rest just seem meh.. Celtic should beat them..

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Celtic will have no problem going thru...Hamburg is the only tuff team.

King_Henrik

Post by King_Henrik » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:54 am

Rapid Vienna knocked Aston Villa out though so i don't think we can treat them lightly. Hapoel look the weakest team in the group but travelling to Israel will be difficult as well. I think it's possible that we could take the maximum 9 points from our first three games if we play well enough and that should be enough to ensure qualification.

We beat Hibs 1-0 at Easter Road today, which was a good win and maintains our 100% winning start in the league. McGeady was sent off after 60 minutes which was an absolute joke decision by the referee, and you might want to check out this save a certain Mr Boruc made today. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AediJOfJoFw

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:12 pm

anyone know what the lineups will be for Celtc vs Benfica?

I would take mostly Reserve Players..

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:26 pm

amazing saves from Boruc vs hibs...
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME