Legia Warszawa News

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
Lime

Re: Legia Warszawa News

Post by Lime » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Piecyk02 wrote: really hoping we squeeze out a 1-0 or 2-1 victory.

:legia:

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Lime wrote:
Piecyk02 wrote: really hoping we squeeze out a 1-0 or 2-1 victory.

I gotta do it and I didnt do it before :arrow:

euro4ever
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by euro4ever » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:51 pm

Hopefully now Legia will spend some more money and hopefully attract a few better players in the future.
I think the goal this year is to make it to the round of 16, maybe even the quarter finals.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:51 am

Brawo LEGIA Brawo!!! CL victory wow.
Extra million euro in the bank. Please buy two good defenders.
Jacek Magiera is money!

Lime

Post by Lime » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am

GET RID OF KUCHARIDZA

Lime

Post by Lime » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:08 am

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Piecyk02 wrote:Fuck I'm so excited for tomorrow's game. If you had of told me at the beginning of this that we would have 8 goals, a draw against Madrid and were still playing for something in the last game I would've laughed at you. Hope the boys go out with no pressure tomorrow and just play their hearts out for the fans. I'm feeling a 1-1 draw, but really hoping we squeeze out a 1-0 or 2-1 victory.

Would not be opposed to another game like this classic.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owKsEDQBhhI
It is funny, because I would have said the team that played Spartak was much better than the Legia of this season under Hasi.

But then Magiera turned things around, and now Legia is really good side again. Amazing the turnaround some players like Moulin, Odjije, Rzezniczak, Prijovic and Bereszynski have had since Magiera took over.

Bringing Radovic back too was fantastic decision.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:25 am

Teams Legia could face :

Drużyny rozstawione: FC Kopenhaga, Lyon, Tottenham, Besiktas, Fenerbahce, APOEL Nikozja, Saint-Étienne, Zenit St. Petersbrug, Roma, Ajax Amsterdam, Szachtar Donieck, Schalke 04, Fiorentina, Osmanlispor, Sparta Praga, Genk lub Athletic Bilbao

Out of those teams I'd like to avoid Roma, Ajax, Schalke, Fiorentina and Bilbao.
Tottenham can be very unpredictable - they have some of the best players in Europe but were shocking in CL.
The other teams we have a 50/50 chance I'd say.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Osmanlispor seems to be a good draw...

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Legia got Ajax.

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:50 am

Transfers and Rumors starting to come up again which makes for exciting times that will most likely disappoint in the end.
What I don't get year after year is why players want to leave Legia so quickly as soon as they hit a bit of form. Look at Bereszynski. Guy was brought in young. Struggled with injuries and getting in the starting 11 but now he's had half a good year and Aston Villa come along and want to pay 600k ??? Am I the only person that thinks this is ridiculous. How about he repays Legia for sticking with him, helping him and being on a competitive team that makes Europe every year. And what is he going to achieve at Aston Villa ? They're currently 13th in the Championship and I highly doubt they will be going up this season. So spending 2 years in the championship or maybe getting a transfer to a mid table epl side if he does extremely well and that very hard as there's 23 teams in the championship and a fair bit of RB to choose from. His form at the moment is excellent. Are Aston Villa going to play European football in the next 5 years ? NO. Legia is. Is playing Brentford a higher level than Pogon Szczecin ? No. The price for him is also stupid. Legia got millions from CL and from Niko but they want to get rid of Beres for 600k ? I mean if he wants to leave then fine that's ok but Legia is a much better club than Aston Villa. Same with Bordeux, Pescara (who Pazdan is linked with). These clubs will never see the Champions League. Guilhere has said he would like to play in the Spanish league or Brazilian League. The Brazilian League ? I get it's his homeland but come on who the hell is interested in Corinthians or Flamengo ? Vadis said he will stay till the summer. Well that desn't fill me with confidence either. He just bloody got here.

The players that we have been linked with all look crap. Maczynski, Duris, Flo and Igiebor look underwhelming. The only rumour that i approve is Jedrzejczyk. A player that knows Legia, the ekstraklasa and plays in Europe and has NT experience. He won't be cheep but a player that can play anywhere in defence. Exactly what we need.

Lime

Post by Lime » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:52 am

Lol fucking maczynski

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:47 am

Yeah but he thought signing Czerwinski and Hasi was a good idea so I don't know... ;)

-

Just re watching our run to the CL and Nikolic was vital. He score 5 out of the 7 goals we scored against Zrinski, Trencin and Dundalk. I wonder if we would have make it to the CL without him.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:57 am

Legia was also absolute shit in those months.

Legia is not dependent on Nikolic. However, they definitely cannot lose Pazdan or Bereszynski.
The Brazilian League ? I get it's his homeland but come on who the hell is interested in Corinthians or Flamengo ?
Meh, Brazilian league has staggered in recent years but it still a pretty big deal, especially at home. Guilherme is now at a level where he can play at the top in Brazil, something that he wasn't before. It is funny to think, but like Bereszynski, it really was Legia who developed him.

If he were to leave I hope he goes to Spain, I think he would fit well there and give our league much needed publicity.
Vadis said he will stay till the summer. Well that desn't fill me with confidence either. He just bloody got here.
Hopefully we continue this run in Europe and inspire him to stay for a while yet. It wouldn't be the end if Vadis wanted to leave though, I think after that European run he would commend a highish transfer fee.

I agree with bringing back Jedrzejczyk. Another player to look at bringing back is Marcin Komorowski, who is now off-contract. Komorowski might be older, but he is experienced and probably still playing at a level where he can be decent cover in Europe or Ekstraklasa, and he knows the club well.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:28 pm

Nikolic sold to Chicago Fire

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:20 am

Pulaski wrote:Nikolic sold to Chicago Fire
What a joke. The guy gives up a chance to become a legend (in terms of goals scored) for Legia and consistent European play to retire in the US. He can forget about the Hungarian NT as well.

Guess playing in CL showed him he isn't cut out for any of the top 5 leagues..

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:26 am

So why you salty bro?
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:57 am

whiteboy wrote:So why you salty bro?
I'm not, just think it's a stupid move on his part. I will miss his consistency in the EK.. nobody in the league can deliver goals like that

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:16 am

Legia has the cash now to get an adequate replacement.

They haven't even needed Nikolic much to score goals in the CL. I don't think it is a coincidence that he wasn't starting against Sporting.