Legia Warszawa News

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
PJJ

Re: Legia Warszawa News

Post by PJJ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:02 pm

all LEGIA needed to qualify to CL was a player that played in CL for AUXERRE, Lążil

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:57 pm

I have never seen Legia look so bad.
should have been 6-0 today.
Łęczna owned them. Łęczna Hit the post 4 times!
They also Missed a penalty kick that Pazdan fucked up!
Malarz looked lost and confused. He was shellshocked.
zero offense. Okay two chances missed the whole game!
Legias Defense was absolutely shredded.
Wednesday might get ugly.

Another hopeless mission.

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:35 am

Pulaski wrote:I have never seen Legia look so bad.
should have been 6-0 today.
Łęczna owned them. Łęczna Hit the post 4 times!
They also Missed a penalty kick that Pazdan fucked up!
Malarz looked lost and confused. He was shellshocked.
zero offense. Okay two chances missed the whole game!
Legias Defense was absolutely shredded.
Wednesday might get ugly.

Another hopeless mission.
Legia have been lost for several games now. Its a very bizarre situation happening there right now. No offense, out of form players and just no desire to win anything in the EK. Maybe, and just maybe their heads are wrapped up in the Dundalk game. But, lets be serious their form has not improved their is no offensive plays and they have just been schooled by a bottom feeding EK team and last week a 1st league team in the Cup game, where they gave up a 2 goal lead.

The only positive is that Dundalk is also losing games at the moment, their last two games have been losses. But still no excuse for Legia to be looking like shit, they had several games under their belt and still look completely off.

Wednesday has me worried, but maybe they will show up?

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:20 am

When you have a player that calls out to the media then things are really bad. Legia played so well vs Piast and then all of a sudden things turned to shit :?

I wouldnt say Legia will beat Dundalk for sure now :?

Lime

Post by Lime » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:31 am

:cry:

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Its pathetic to think that after all these years and half decent results in Europa, Legia finally have probably the easiest route to the CL and they are shitting their pants vs half ass teams.

What the fkk is wrong with our Polish teams? I really hope Niko comes through, he wants a transfer so maybe he will be motivated. And, as much as people complain about transfers and Lesnodorski tells people to stay calm this is the result your bring in unfit players who havent gelled with the team and cant even run 50 min.

I really hope Moulin, Langil and Vadis show their worth vs Dundalk. There is absolutely no reason why Legia shouldnt beat these guys. I dont care if they played well vs Bate, fkk this Irish team. Legia need to fkkn step up big time!

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:22 pm

Dundalk v Legia background
Published: Wednesday 10 August 2016, 8.22CET
Dundalk are on a mission to become the first team from the Republic of Ireland to reach the UEFA Champions League group stage as they welcome Legia Warszawa in the play-offs.

Dundalk worked a minor miracle by eliminating BATE Borisov in the third qualifying round and will look to create an even bigger stir against Legia Warszawa in the UEFA Champions League play-offs.

RELATED ITEMS
Play-off round tie by tie
Play-offs form guide
Play-off number crunching
Previous meetings
• The clubs are meeting for the first time in what is Dundalk’s first competitive encounter with Polish opponents.

• Legia first faced Irish opponents when they took on Dublin side Saint Patrick's Athletic in the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League second qualifying round; they drew 1-1 at home but recorded a 5-0 win in the away leg.

Match background
• Dundalk made it through two rounds of a UEFA competition for the first time in reaching the play-offs, beating FH Hafnarfjördur and BATE.

©Sportsfile
Dundalk shocked BATE Borisov in the previous round

• They are angling to become the first Irish side to reach the group stage of UEFA's top club competition, Shamrock Rovers having been the first League of Ireland outfit to make it to the UEFA Europa League group stage in 2011/12.

• Legia got past Zrinjski and Trenčín in the second and third qualifying rounds respectively.

• Legia lost to Steaua Bucureşti in their only previous UEFA Champions League play-off, in 2013/14.

Team and coach links
• Legia forward Michał Kucharczyk's next European appearance will be his 50th in UEFA competition.

• David McMillan has scored seven UEFA goals – more than all of his Dundalk team-mates combined. Like most of the Dundalk players, he has a day job, working as an architect as well as playing football.

©Marek Biczyk
Nemanja Nikolić (right) has four European goals this term
• McMillan went into the play-offs as the joint-top scorer in UEFA Champions League qualifying this season with five goals, one ahead of Legia's Nemanja Nikolić.

Coach profiles
• Briefly a player with Dublin-based Home Farm, Dundalk boss Stephen Kenny is one of the most successful Irish managers of his age, having won one national title with Bohemians and two more in successive seasons with his current club. He also coached in Scotland with Dunfermline Athletic.

• Born in what is now Kosovo, former Albanian international Besnik Hasi made his name as a player in Belgium with Genk and Anderlecht, winning four titles – and another as Anderlecht coach in 2013/14. He took charge of Legia after they clinched the 2015/16 Polish championship under Russian Stanislav Cherchesov.

©UEFA.com 1998-2016. All rights reserved.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:09 am

The Polish NT also played two crap games before the EUROs so maybe we have nothing to worry about Legia

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:36 am

polskaforever wrote:The Polish NT also played two crap games before the EUROs so maybe we have nothing to worry about Legia
I really hope that they are that focused, but its crazy to seer what happening with the team. Seems like some issues within the lockeroom too.

End of the day, look at the two comparisons here - it's like playing a 2nd division Polish club -

https://twitter.com/sixfoot3235/status/ ... 8804776961

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:00 pm

jastkowice wrote:
polskaforever wrote:The Polish NT also played two crap games before the EUROs so maybe we have nothing to worry about Legia
I really hope that they are that focused, but its crazy to seer what happening with the team. Seems like some issues within the lockeroom too.

End of the day, look at the two comparisons here - it's like playing a 2nd division Polish club -

https://twitter.com/sixfoot3235/status/ ... 8804776961
Stats between clubs dont mean anything if you dont work hard on the field for a result.

Lime

Post by Lime » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Hull City put in an 4 million euro offer for Nikolic

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Niko will be gone after the CL tie last round. His replacment is to be Hugo Viera, looks like a very good player.

@polskaforever stats do mean a lot especially when you have a team like Barcelona playing Legia. 95% of the time the team that holds a value 20x of the their opponents wins.

It's not rocket science not many sub par teams make it to this stage. Tomorrow is my birthday, I want Legia to kick their ass. Hope they show up, they have the talent. Langil, Vadis, Moulin, Niko, kuchar, and Pazdan all need to show up.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Isnt Niko going to leave Legia in the winter season if they qualify to CL? He wants to experience CL tourney. For most players its one in a lifetime opportunity.

Legia doesnt need to sell Niko urgently to buy Viera if they qualify to CL. They are making bank at that point.

If Niko stays and does well in CL then he could possibly get an offer from a better club and even more money and also in return Legia could earn more too...

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:47 pm

polskaforever wrote:Isnt Niko going to leave Legia in the winter season if they qualify to CL? He wants to experience CL tourney. For most players its one in a lifetime opportunity.

Legia doesnt need to sell Niko urgently to buy Viera if they qualify to CL. They are making bank at that point.

If Niko stays and does well in CL then he could possibly get an offer from a better club and even more money and also in return Legia could earn more too...
The last interview I heard with Niko sounded like he was on his way out it was just a matter of time. I think he will give it his all in the last CL round then he will be off to make a ton of bank with Hull City. I cant see him staying any longer, plus Hull will want him for the start of the season. Viera will be a great replacement he looks like a great player too. We shall see.... I am not sure anyone will pay more for an old Nikolic but who knows maybe he will play really well and open some eyes!

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:03 pm

I will take any result or draw tomorrow.
nikolic needs to stepp the fuck up.
watching Legi@ the last two ek matches ...dont expect much.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:41 pm

Duda for 4mil Euros and then Niko for 4mil Euros if it goes through in one season...Legia is killing it :!:

As much as we bitch and complain on some transfers, they are doing a good job of selling players for pretty high amounts. No more selling of the 1-2mil type EURO transfers.

If Legia makes CL, I wonder then if other clubs will have to start paying even more for their players.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:42 pm

jastkowice wrote:
polskaforever wrote:Isnt Niko going to leave Legia in the winter season if they qualify to CL? He wants to experience CL tourney. For most players its one in a lifetime opportunity.

The last interview I heard with Niko sounded like he was on his way out it was just a matter of time. I think he will give it his all in the last CL round then he will be off to make a ton of bank with Hull City. I cant see him staying any longer, plus Hull will want him for the start of the season. Viera will be a great replacement he looks like a great player too. We shall see.... I am not sure anyone will pay more for an old Nikolic but who knows maybe he will play really well and open some eyes!
Its no secret he wants out.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:29 am

Retarded Legia made 6 million off Borysiuk and Duda and cant fork over a mil for a stepinski or swiderski type player?

Isnt it about that time of year when Legia pick pockets lech for Kownacki, Kiedziora or Jozwiak? :lol:
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Lime

Post by Lime » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:50 pm

SEE YOU BHOYS IN CL - STEEVEN LANGIL

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:08 pm

nicram wrote:Retarded Legia made 6 million off Borysiuk and Duda and cant fork over a mil for a stepinski or swiderski type player?

Isnt it about that time of year when Legia pick pockets lech for Kownacki, Kiedziora or Jozwiak? :lol:
Its not that simple. Some clubs dont want to sell to Legia and help them. Some players dont want to play for Legia period..