Wisla Krakow News

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
thebadguy

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by thebadguy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:28 pm

its one thing to not make it far in europe but its another to want to win the EK.. im a competitor.. our budget is low yes but with what we have we shouldnt be losing this bad... anyways,

does anyone know how this terminarz works? we only play the others in our group?? can someone from the bottom losers groups finish higher than the lowest winners groups??
|| WISLA (1906) KRAKOW ||

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:25 pm

thebadguy wrote:its one thing to not make it far in europe but its another to want to win the EK.. im a competitor.. our budget is low yes but with what we have we shouldnt be losing this bad... anyways,

does anyone know how this terminarz works? we only play the others in our group?? can someone from the bottom losers groups finish higher than the lowest winners groups??
Playing in Europe group stages is KEY. Lots of money involved there to be earned and better match-ups. its a BIG deal not playing in Europe... winning EK is easy. You dont need to spend a lot or have any quality practically to win EK title at the moment. Wisla was in top 3 to 5 before the team lost form and things turned bad with the fans...

i want wisla to win EK like everyone else but I hate it when they lose to clubs from Estonia or Azerbaijan as champions of Poland. Its embarrassing :oops: Since Cupial became owner Wisla played in Europe group stages only 3 times in the last 15 years! I want Wisla in CL group stages.

top 8 fight within each other for the title. bottom 8 fight within each other to avoid relegation. lowest wisla can finish is 8th. top 8 is called champions group bottom 8 is called relegation group i believe

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:At this point I know what Forever is going to say before I even open up the thread....
Good for you :mrgreen:

And I know what you are going to say that I dont watch or love Wisla :lol:

Wisla4Life

Post by Wisla4Life » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:42 pm

That was horrific today. No Malecki no wins? Coincidence? Don't know.

Anyway. Time for the annual "reset" button...but let's be honest- Cupial is going to be a cheap Polak again and it's going to be another mess. Dude doesn't even need to spend 50 mln to win the EK--he can win it with 1\3 of that if he has a good coach and the right guys.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Not horrific at all. Wisla sucks this season so it is expected no :?:

Malecki gone is not the reason. Wisla with Malecki played bad before Smuda was hired too. Its not one player. Its the whole team including upper management.

It all starts from the top. If the owner doesnt care then that thought process will fall down to the players too and just act to collect pay checks and carry on with life :mrgreen:

So what is there to reset regarding Wisla exactly :?:

Quality Polish players in EK? Too expensive and very few.
Foreigners? Its gonna cost you more but not as much as the few quality Polish players in EK. Oh but then Wisla wont be Polish blah blah...
Youth? Quality youth.. Wisla has none coming up the ranks. Its brightest left to Lechia.
Owner? This one definitely needs a reset. A new one. Yes please to stop re-hiring the same retards and spend more to catch up quickly to Legia levels not just money wise but as a club regarding youth, sponsorships etc. So far behind :cry:

Wisla had a nice disillusioned good run there :mrgreen:

thebadguy

Post by thebadguy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:16 pm

thanks for the clarification of the groups... makes sense now...

I agree with the above post, seems alot to be wrong with the club. it seems were bringing in the foreign talent and the old polish wislaks that we want to see but beneath that we can tell there is something wrong.

the best Wisla is an attacking Wisla, a team that can have the ball with possession on an attacking front and hover around the box.. of course its impossible to do all game long, but a majority of the time is a sure way to win, thats what i remember from Wisla, thats what i want back...

and ever since Stilic has came in, we havent had that midfield support, i dont know what else to say.. lets change this
|| WISLA (1906) KRAKOW ||

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:57 pm

:lol: no. you still need good defence to win games otherwise having a good attack will be useless if you cant keep the ball out of your own net.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:47 am

God I'm not gonna lie, Wisla's situation right now looks terrible, they owe over 10mil zl right now .. when you think about it relative to most leagues its a fucking joke of a sum, but for this club it doesn't look like this is gonna be one bad season and then things are gonna go right back to how they were..

"firma Bogusława Cupiała z tytułu umów z Wisłą SA powinna przelewać na konto klubu 5,6 mln złotych rocznie. W tym roku Wisła dostała jednak ledwie 200 tysięcy złotych i zrobiła się ogromna dziura w budżecie."

Wisla still owes millions more to former players like Genkov & Jovanovic and to managers as well and there doesn't really seem to be any solution to get this money any time soon. No prospects whatsoever to sell, ticket sales suck, EL is not gonna happen.. I really feel for you guys

http://ekstraklasa.net/wisla-krakow-ma- ... cb41a83034

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Is Cupial done with Wisla?

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:00 am

Piecyk02 wrote:God I'm not gonna lie, Wisla's situation right now looks terrible, they owe over 10mil zl right now .. when you think about it relative to most leagues its a fucking joke of a sum, but for this club it doesn't look like this is gonna be one bad season and then things are gonna go right back to how they were..

"firma Bogusława Cupiała z tytułu umów z Wisłą SA powinna przelewać na konto klubu 5,6 mln złotych rocznie. W tym roku Wisła dostała jednak ledwie 200 tysięcy złotych i zrobiła się ogromna dziura w budżecie."

Wisla still owes millions more to former players like Genkov & Jovanovic and to managers as well and there doesn't really seem to be any solution to get this money any time soon. No prospects whatsoever to sell, ticket sales suck, EL is not gonna happen.. I really feel for you guys

http://ekstraklasa.net/wisla-krakow-ma- ... cb41a83034
Everyone talks constantly about owing millions to former players and managers and blaming it on those factors.

Article fails to mention that Wisla doesnt have a major sponsor on their shirts (telefonika doesnt count) like Fortuna to generate more revenue, no stadium sponsor, no youth academy to sell players and I dont hear anything about Wisla getting more sponsors like the way Legia does. Last of all Cupial is not putting serious money to the club the way Legia is. Thats why Wisla is short 10mil zl.

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Thu May 01, 2014 12:41 pm

http://eurosport.onet.pl/pilka-nozna/ek ... dzie/z44lh
Trener pierwszej drużyny wspomniał również, że spotkał się z właścicielem klubu, Bogusławem Cupiałem, z którym rozmawiał o przyszłości krakowskiego zespołu. - Rozmawialiśmy o dalszym losie drużyny, o zawodnikach, jakich potrzebujemy, bo prezes chce inaczej wystartować w nowym sezonie. On sam wie, w jakiej jesteśmy sytuacji. Z niektórymi będziemy przedłużać umowy, z niektórymi nie. Konkretne decyzje zapadną w drugiej połowie maja. Czy damy radę to okienko przeprowadzić tak, jak chcemy? Zobaczymy. Zawodników mamy wybranych, pozostaje kwestia dogadania się z klubami i organizacji finansów, bo prawie za wszystkich trzeba zapłacić. Widziałem wczorajsze zaangażowanie prezesa i mogę powiedzieć, że czwartej ligi w Krakowie na pewno nie będzie - zakończył Franciszek Smuda
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu May 01, 2014 5:30 pm

^^^ Cupial fills Smuda's pockets. Means nothing..

I want Cupial gone. He is the reason Wisla sucks so much faken ass.

Mistrzu
First Team
First Team

Post by Mistrzu » Thu May 01, 2014 9:23 pm

polskaforever wrote:^^^ Cupial fills Smuda's pockets. Means nothing..

Be careful what you wish for. It's not like there is a lineup of investors waiting to purchase Polish football clubs. Tele-Fonika has been restructuring their operations and with an operating deficit, channeling funds to a football club probably isn't a priority, unfortunately. The hegemony that Wisla enjoyed in Polish football in the 2000s was thanks to Cupial and for that he deserves 1906% szacunku.

What boggles my mind is why someone like Bednarz is allowed to continue running the club that way he is -- unless he is just a puppet.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Yeah the Bednarz thing boggles my mind.. he's hated by everybody associated with Wisla and its not like he's working miracles, I can't think of a single positive thing he's done since coming to the club

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri May 02, 2014 7:31 am

Mistrzu wrote:
polskaforever wrote:^^^ Cupial fills Smuda's pockets. Means nothing..

Be careful what you wish for. It's not like there is a lineup of investors waiting to purchase Polish football clubs. Tele-Fonika has been restructuring their operations and with an operating deficit, channeling funds to a football club probably isn't a priority, unfortunately. The hegemony that Wisla enjoyed in Polish football in the 2000s was thanks to Cupial and for that he deserves 1906% szacunku.

What boggles my mind is why someone like Bednarz is allowed to continue running the club that way he is -- unless he is just a puppet.
Yea Bednarz is just a puppet.

There is no lineup of investors because Wisla is not for sale.

I dont think Cupial is interested in Wisla anymore like he was in the early 2000s.

Before the Dutch Wisla was in the exact situation it is in now.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri May 02, 2014 7:35 am

Piecyk02 wrote:Yeah the Bednarz thing boggles my mind.. he's hated by everybody associated with Wisla and its not like he's working miracles, I can't think of a single positive thing he's done since coming to the club
Wisla signed a deal with a German marketing firm to help bring more sponsors.

Training base.

Youth academy (not 100% sure of this)

Mistrzu
First Team
First Team

Post by Mistrzu » Fri May 02, 2014 9:57 am

polskaforever wrote:
Piecyk02 wrote:Yeah the Bednarz thing boggles my mind.. he's hated by everybody associated with Wisla and its not like he's working miracles, I can't think of a single positive thing he's done since coming to the club

Training base.

The marketing deal with UFA sports basically gave away Wisla's marketing rights for the next 10 years. If anything it's a huge failure on Bednarz's part that he has been unable to find a sponsor -- and now this company, who's CV is average at best will get a significant procentage from any deal, even if it isn't initiated by them.

The training base stemmed from the debacle that was the negotiations with the city regarding use/management of the stadium. Myslenice basically paid for the entire training base ... 150 metres from Cupial's compound.

There remains no real youth academy to speak off -- all talk. Actually all youth teams were handed over to TS Wisla to save costs.

And then we have the failed contract disputes with the likes of Jovanic and Genkov -- all of which Bednarz (a lawyer) claimed would go in Wisla's favour...

We have the continous bs of future signings, and of getting the club out of debt ... And all we hear about Is the situation getting worse and the debt increasing.

The only players we seem to be bringing in are guys on the downward trend of their careers, ie. Brozek bros, Dudka ... And currently can't even string together 11 EK quality players

And lastly, the conflict with the fans. While I don't support all their actions, the way he has handled this is a lose-lose battle.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 pm

Mistrzu wrote:
polskaforever wrote:

Training base.

The marketing deal with UFA sports basically gave away Wisla's marketing rights for the next 10 years. If anything it's a huge failure on Bednarz's part that he has been unable to find a sponsor -- and now this company, who's CV is average at best will get a significant procentage from any deal, even if it isn't initiated by them.

The training base stemmed from the debacle that was the negotiations with the city regarding use/management of the stadium. Myslenice basically paid for the entire training base ... 150 metres from Cupial's compound.

There remains no real youth academy to speak off -- all talk. Actually all youth teams were handed over to TS Wisla to save costs.

And then we have the failed contract disputes with the likes of Jovanic and Genkov -- all of which Bednarz (a lawyer) claimed would go in Wisla's favour...

We have the continous bs of future signings, and of getting the club out of debt ... And all we hear about Is the situation getting worse and the debt increasing.

The only players we seem to be bringing in are guys on the downward trend of their careers, ie. Brozek bros, Dudka ... And currently can't even string together 11 EK quality players

And lastly, the conflict with the fans. While I don't support all their actions, the way he has handled this is a lose-lose battle.
I dont know much about UFA sports but I dont see anything wrong with outside help to get more sponsors. If UFA sports is not getting sponsors it means they are not getting paid. It saves Wisla money.

The training base is the best thing that has happened to Wisla since the Dutch days which were the best Wisla ever had in my opinion. Petrescu and Maaskant both have said that Wisla had inadequate number of training pitches. There was no debacle regarding the stadium. Simply put the city wanted 5-7mil zloty a year from Wisla for a stadium that looked unfinished from the outside and no major sponsor. I dont think thats worth the price. Myslenice paid for it upfront to get it built but Wisla signed a 20 year contract with interest I believe to be payed back to Myslenice. Its costing Wisla 2-3mil zl a year instead. Enough training pitches to go around for everybody.

I dont know much about the youth academy whether it exists or not. All I know is that clubs are now required to have some kind of academy. I havent heard anything since so I am assuming it doesnt exist and no one gives a shit.

Wisla needs a new owner in my opinion. All Cupial does is re-hire the same shit coaches, sporting directors and presidents. The club is going no-where and will continue to do so. It has no upcoming quality players to fall back on and like you said all the club does is re-sign players or bring in new guys who on the downward trend of their careers.

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Sun May 04, 2014 8:37 am

http://www.meczyki.pl/skroty/36117/wisl ... in_50.html

5-0 vs pogon? Where has this Wisla been the second half of this season? :lol:

Brozek gets his 100th gol and it probably was the gol of the season :shock:
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

polskaforever