Wisla Krakow News

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 am

Perhaps my rhetoric leads to misunderstandings sometimes but come on, I so obviously meant those players weren't resigned until very recently. How can I be a Wisla fan and now know who Sobolewski, Kosowski, Glowacki, Malecki are?

I don't care for my 'track record', you have your own series of dumb posts on here as well. Not too long ago Nitram or someone was calling you an idiot over something in the International forum IIRC. That should never matter though, argue the posts, not the poster is how civilized forum discussions should be conducted. I next to never respond to personal attacks for that reason and I do get quite a significant number of them on this forum.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:35 am

Malecki with 3 assists and a gol. That Quintana is a nice player, wish we had a player like that.

[youtube]LIDFmkpA5EQ[/youtube]
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

Focus

Post by Focus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Nice to see Malecki still has it. It obvious that Wisla missed him.

thebadguy

Post by thebadguy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:10 pm

@polskaGOLA...

malecki did not have a "bad" attitude, he called out the picnic fans who didnt get behind the team in tough times, sit in the casual sectors eating hot dogs and whistling if its not 4-0, sort of what you did,.. the only reason he got benched is because it looked bad on the club and would cause harm to selling tickets, he needed to be punished to save the image of the club. i commend him for speaking his mind and asking fans to stick by in tough times...hes a true warrior and loves the club, would you rather have a player that speaks his mind, plays with heart for the club and be himself? or some airhead phoney who accepts everything..

if your questioning the selection of chrapek and the other young guys.. then that is a reasonable arguemnet, i too am not sold on either, but my point is that they havent been given a chance yet, any "youth" need real time leauge matches... there is really no other problem with wisla and their players.. its all expierenced wislacy which i like to see...Imo , if you start gargula midfield, we got a very decent side which i will enjoy watching, the club will need revitalization once these legends retire...and they should throw in the towel once they feel they cant remain competitive..

honestly bro im not even mad at you because you have probably not even watched a game or multiple of them... again, the reason why we did poorly in the winter term was because of pareiko imo, and the loss of malecki affected the club immensely, without him they were just individual players with unitilized talent, he is the glue of the tteam and his presence makes them want to play for the club the way he does
|| WISLA (1906) KRAKOW ||

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Malecki has a long history of controversies, the picnic fan comment was just one of his more recent ones.

He wasn't benched for his attitude, he was benched because he was terribly off form and performing badly. (Though my opinion on that was that his performance (alongside Melikson's for that matter) was adversely affected by the rest of the team sucking) I'd hardly blame Pareiko either, he is a good goalkeeper. Unfortunately most goalkeepers are only as good as their defense.

I didn't watch Wisla games from the firing of Probierz till December, only highlights as Wisla were particularly unbearable to watch at that point. I've started watching live again this spring hoping that something might change. 2 draws in easy games isn't great but it's honestly better then what I expected.

thebadguy

Post by thebadguy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:58 pm

commend you for watching again, winning in belchatow has been a problem for wisla for like 4 years.. itsnot easy to win there, and podbes we got screwed by the ref..

anyways lets not continue this anymore, cheers to watching - hej wisla gol!

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Genkov scores against Pogon 8-)

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Didn't Genkov score an easy goal off a Malecki deflection?

Anyway we played rather poor despite the win.

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:24 am

polskaforever wrote:Genkov scores against Pogon 8-)
barely :lol: almost fucked up a tap in...
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:00 am

These players have contracts running out this summer: Pareiko, Bieszczad, Jaliens, Czekaj, Uryga, Sarki, Sobolewski, Iliev, Kosowski, Sikorski.

Sarki hasn't played enough yet to make a decision on him. I wouldn't mind Sobolewski returning as a sub. Czekaj seems to be often injured and hasn't played as well as I had hoped, but for the right price, we can bring him back.

I would like for us to sign Lukasz Piatek from Polonia, Dani Quintana from Jaga and the goalie Zubas from Belchatow.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:02 am

whiteboy wrote:
polskaforever wrote:Genkov scores against Pogon 8-)
barely :lol: almost fucked up a tap in...
At least he was where he was suppose to be, unlike our "superstar" striker Sikorski.

I still have faith in Genkov.
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

Wisla4Life

Post by Wisla4Life » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:34 am

I have fatih in Genkov. Sikorski was a questionable signing and now I think it was definitely a mistake. I hope they're not tied to him very long. Having Malecki back now keeps defenses honest if you ask me, and it creates more chances for guys like Boguski, Genkov etc... to get at goal with an open look, whereas without him in the formation Wisla played, you could funnel backs through the forward and always have 2 bodies instantly around him when the ball comes his way, now, wing backs have to be aware of Malecki's presence, center backs can't cheat in and team up on the striker(which I still think should be 2 up top), and creates more room. As old as he is, they have to also respect Kosowski's crossing ability. He's not a spry 25 year old, but while he's slower, he's still got skills enough to keep defenses honest. I think a big problem Wisla faced early was nobody going forward. There was no support striker, there was no attacking midfield play, this team is coming into it's own now. They're not likely to claim one of the top 3 places, but they're playing VERY well right now..I'd love to see Wisla win Puchar if they can, so long as Cupial will spend even a little cash on new players.

Totally different note, I haven't seen the facility since 2008, only been in the new stadium for Slask last May; I was at JagU for a semester in 08 and wandered into the club property by "accident" one day...The gates were open, I just jogged on in...the offices were a little worse for wear, the weight facility at the time was sub standard, there were dingy swimming pools, remnants of old stadiums and practice facilities in decay, the practice pitches looked like that of a primary school in Brooklyn, parking was non-existent...Anyone know if these things are being improved? When I went in May I walked up 3 Maja and didn't investigate, plus being game day, I figured investigating wouldn't be looked upon kindly by security... I know they've got the "glass bottle" office attached to the stadium, so I imagine at least the front office got an upgrade, but what about the rest of the facilities? Anyone live in Krakow post on here who could fill me in? They have a large piece of property that can be developed into training pitches, the old offices could be renovated and rented out if they've all moved to the new stadium site(a way to make money), etc... The "arena"for basketball needs help too...The whole club seems to be surviving on a shoestring at times. I spoke to someone when I was wandering the property and asked then about the new stadium and asked if it would be open within a year or so and that Red Bull Arena in NJ was on its way and was a one year job...They laughed and told me in Poland a one year project will take five....I didn't think the guy was right...but he was almost right...

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:42 pm

FYI Wisla is 6 points out of third with 33 points up for grabs. 3rd is still possible if they keep up this form. Brawo Wisla.

thebadguy

Post by thebadguy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:56 pm

sad day today for lechia fans lets pray for teh victims and their families

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Dont know how true this is but apparently Wisla is in talks with a major foreign sponsor.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 pm

For what? Our stadium? Shirt? Affiliate? The whole club? ( :beg: )

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 am

polskaforever wrote:Dont know how true this is but apparently Wisla is in talks with a major foreign sponsor.
Link?
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

Mistrzu
First Team
First Team

Post by Mistrzu » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 pm

AKsoldier wrote:
polskaforever wrote:Dont know how true this is but apparently Wisla is in talks with a major foreign sponsor.
Link?
I assume the reference is this article: http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,64946,13608 ... _Jest.html

I wouldn't get too excited without anymore actual details... anyone remember the deal with Herbalife last February (2012)? Media were getting way too excited... It ended up being some water bottles and dietary supplements, and an occasional visit from a dietary consultant.

Mistrzu
First Team
First Team

Post by Mistrzu » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:54 am

It doesn't seem like the financial difficulties are over. Players were finally payed their outstanding wages for 2012 and apparently all outstanding debts for 2013 will be covered by the end of April.

With that said, in another apparent cost cutting measure, 8 club employees, including people responsible for marketing, PR, cleaning and warehousing have been let go. Of course all four directors kept their jobs.

http://www.wislaportal.pl/24540,Bardzo_ ... rakow.html

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Thank You Cupial.

Who are the four directors? I know Bednarz is one of them.