Wisla Krakow News

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
Post Reply
United
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:49 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by United » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 pm

[youtube]T5Q39KJj3ys [/youtube]
"'Obraniak jak marzenie. Roger błyszczał. Trzeba dalej naturalizować "

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by polskaforever » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Its funny how Legia and Lech can easily sign Polish players and Wisla is just doing nothing :lol:

Like wtf is Bednarz doing :?: It couldnt get more incompetent. Wisla had no problem signing foreigners and all of a sudden these past few months they cant even sign a good Polish player except Kosowski and Sikorski :oops:
Image

User avatar
AKsoldier
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by AKsoldier » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Right now we are dealing with the after effects of Cupial's mindset of "win now and get into the CL or bust".

http://www.krakow.sport.pl/sport-krakow ... nizszy.htm

Przy Reymonta słychać, że problemy finansowe powstały z powodu zatrudniania bardzo drogich zawodników, którzy rocznie zarabiali nawet ok. 1,5 mln zł (m.in. Jeliens i Cwetan Genkowa). Sprowadził ich poprzedni zarząd. - Ten pomysł na Wisłę, to był plan na krótką metę. To chyba koniec drużyny w tym kształcie i kibice muszą się na to przygotować - podkreśla Bednarz.

A lot of players were either signed on short term contracts ( 2 years or less) or were loaned for 1 year (Biton, Nunez, Lamey, Diaz). This summer, 6 players will have expiring contracts ( Pareiko, Jaliens, Iliev, Kosowski, Sikorski, Sobolewski) and it isn't likely that they will be re-signed.

Now its up to Bednarz to to revamp this squad and I don't have ANY faith in him at all.
Image
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by polskaforever » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 pm

Yes after this season Wisla will look totally different even worse due to the fact that they don't have a proper youth academy. I don't believe that it was due to high contracts entirely I mean if the money wasn't there then why do it in the first place. You are setting up for disaster if things don't go your way. Wisla qualified to EL and earned around 4mil EUROs and that is a huge sum for a PL club.

Legia earned less from EL and they had some high contract players but they seem to be doing just fine. Wisla and Legia had similar budgets around that time no?

I also have no faith in Bednarz. He is good at talking about there is no money at the club and nothing else.
Image

User avatar
patrickjjh
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by patrickjjh » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 pm

United wrote:[youtube]T5Q39KJj3ys [/youtube]
what is this sht

User avatar
AKsoldier
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by AKsoldier » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am

polskaforever wrote:Yes after this season Wisla will look totally different even worse due to the fact that they don't have a proper youth academy. I don't believe that it was due to high contracts entirely I mean if the money wasn't there then why do it in the first place. You are setting up for disaster if things don't go your way. Wisla qualified to EL and earned around 4mil EUROs and that is a huge sum for a PL club.

Legia earned less from EL and they had some high contract players but they seem to be doing just fine. Wisla and Legia had similar budgets around that time no?

I also have no faith in Bednarz. He is good at talking about there is no money at the club and nothing else.
I was looking for some info on EK budgets for 2011/12 and couldn't find anything. I know that transfer wise, Wisla has much more money come in then spent on players over the past years and that's why I sometimes second guess Bednarz and his proclamations of financial problems in the club. Yet players, their managers, and Bednarz were talking about it non-stop after the failed CL run, so there has to be some merit in that. My theory is just that Cupial got pissed, didn't want to invest more money and cut the budget. You also have to remember that his company Telefonika has loaned Wisla around 120 million zloty over the years, and that money has to be paid back.
Image
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

User avatar
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4517
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Location: Merida, Venezuela

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 am

i would not be surprised if we still have to pay for loads of loans from our stadium's construction.
Image

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

User avatar
Pulaski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5135
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Warszawa

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by Pulaski » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 am

Wisla is done. They have huge financial problems.

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by polskaforever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Valckx wspomina i ocenia pracę w Wiśle

Valckx speaks the truth about Wisla and Polish clubs in general.
Stan Valckx: Cupiał nie chciał stawiać w Wiśle na Polaków
http://www.tsw.com.pl/news/Valckx-wspom ... Wisle-2449

http://www.krakow.sport.pl/sport-krakow ... le_na.html

^^^
Wisla is a fucked up club. Expect 2-3 years of more bullshit if not more unless Cupial sells the team.
Image

User avatar
Mistrzu
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4300
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:36 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by Mistrzu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:i would not be surprised if we still have to pay for loads of loans from our stadium's construction.
Wisla's financial difficulties wouldn't be related to stadium costs. The stadium was funded by the municipality and Wisla are still using it under an old lease that was signed before construction was even complete.

The financial difficulties basically stem from Tele-Fonika turning off the taps. In the past, when there was a budget deficit, Tele-Fonika (aka Cupial) would loan Wisla money, hence the 120 million zl loan AK mentioned a few posts above. Don't think Legia or Lech are any different. Legia is in debt to ITI as well, but they haven't called them on it... and it doesn't seem like they will.

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by polskaforever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Mistrzu wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:i would not be surprised if we still have to pay for loads of loans from our stadium's construction.
Wisla's financial difficulties wouldn't be related to stadium costs. The stadium was funded by the municipality and Wisla are still using it under an old lease that was signed before construction was even complete.

The financial difficulties basically stem from Tele-Fonika turning off the taps. In the past, when there was a budget deficit, Tele-Fonika (aka Cupial) would loan Wisla money, hence the 120 million zl loan AK mentioned a few posts above. Don't think Legia or Lech are any different. Legia is in debt to ITI as well, but they haven't called them on it... and it doesn't seem like they will.
Wisla is still using the old lease because the stadium looks incomplete and with so many issues remaining :lol:

Yea but Cupial reasons to turn off the tap were dumb. He fucked the club royally. Its going to cost him a lot more to fix it now.
Image

User avatar
Wisla4Life
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Tatra Mountains

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by Wisla4Life » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:42 pm

These absentee Polish owners are one problem, the other end is owners who think they're deities like Cupial, who have surrounded themselves with bad people.The interview with Stan Valckx is merely confirming my fears. Cupial didn't let the football minds do what they had to do...and in true Cupial fashion, didn't give them the time to do what they needed to do. He can't expect to be paid back the investment in a football club. You use a football club as a tax write off, not a profitable entity for your investment, because when you decide you want the money back, you kill the club.

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by polskaforever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Wisla4Life wrote:These absentee Polish owners are one problem, the other end is owners who think they're deities like Cupial, who have surrounded themselves with bad people.The interview with Stan Valckx is merely confirming my fears. Cupial didn't let the football minds do what they had to do...and in true Cupial fashion, didn't give them the time to do what they needed to do. He can't expect to be paid back the investment in a football club. You use a football club as a tax write off, not a profitable entity for your investment, because when you decide you want the money back, you kill the club.
He also continues to re-hire the same ppl (upper management and coaches) over and over. Nothing will change for the better as long as he is the owner.
Image

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by whiteboy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 am

Sobo playing defence vs Belchatow...
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by whiteboy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:26 am

0-0 FT :sleep:
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
AKsoldier
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by AKsoldier » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Let's look at the postives. Legia lost, yet we only tied :lol: :lol:

Kulawik, our magnificent coach.

Image
Image
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by polskaforever » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:06 pm

15 lat przyjemności i stresów

Cupial speaks. Rare interview

http://www.rp.pl/artykul/585939,984154- ... w.html?p=1
Image

User avatar
patrickjjh
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by patrickjjh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Wyszkolenie młodego zawodnika kosztuje. A ostatecznie i tak pojawi się agent, który zamąci w głowach temu chłopcu, jego rodzicom, trenerowi i prezesowi. To ja wolę postawić na zawodnika z zagranicy, który bywa tańszy i mniej z nim kłopotu.

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by polskaforever » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:56 pm

I was thinking about Dan Petrescu well. He's the coach of the Vistula in 2006, I loved it. He was ambitious and hardworking. It had been a Romanian and English school experience. But I refused, because I did not mention good players river. It so happened that when I play less, Petrescu gathered them at 6 am and took place on the pitch in one of our factories to see how hard people work. This I already knew it was over. Soon they began to play against him and I had to release it. A player always wins in a similar situation with the coach and president. Unfortunately.
^^^Google translated. Interesting about Petrescu. Funny how he took players at 6am to a factory :lol:
Image

User avatar
polskaforever
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7266
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:38 pm

Re: Wisla Krakow News

Post by polskaforever » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Reading that interview Cupial fails to realize that hard work in training and having quality youth will help you qualify to CL as well as not firing coaches and sporting directors every 6 months. Cupial is stuck living in the past.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests