Wisla Krakow News

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Wisla Krakow News

Post by MrMariusz » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:24 pm

Wisla Krakow News Thread
Last edited by MrMariusz on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWhiteStarArmy
First Team
First Team

Post by TheWhiteStarArmy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:43 am

Mijalovic is training with Metz in France, possibly will be sold to them.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:31 am

Finally a worthwhile thread... better than those other ones about liga II teams... That damn Real Madryd draw is still bitin' us in the ass!

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:02 am

GeneralPulaski wrote:Finally a worthwhile thread... better than those other ones about liga II teams... That damn Real Madryd draw is still bitin' us in the ass!
dont get smart... wisla was a 2 liga team not too long ago as well

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:13 am

Then show some respect...

PolskaGola
First Team
First Team

Post by PolskaGola » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:29 am

orzelpolska wrote:Penksa is about as tall as Frankowski, a bit taller though. Zurawski isn't very tall either and he managed with Franek. Wisla will be testing swish defender and captain Disler who, plays for Young Boys. 31 though, i don't really mind the age as we need experience in our team. Penksa is old to.

Imagine if Wisla didn't get Real last year and qualified and got to like group stage two. They would have kept so many players and added ones. I could imagine it now.

Majdan - Baszcynski, Klos, Glowacki, Dudka - Gorawski, Szymkowiak, Cantoro, Kosowski - Zurawski, Frankowski
If anything, the added exposure would have resulted in more players leaving during the subsequent transfer windows. Zurawski was planning to leave Wisla no matter what hap. against Real Madrid anyway. Kosowski was already gone by the way...
Zurawski: 6 World Cup games, 410 minutes, 0 goals. Oh oh oh, it's Magic.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:42 am

GeneralPulaski wrote:Then show some respect...
wtf u on about?

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:30 pm

im dissapointed that Wisla wasnt able to get Rzasa on a free... better than getting ripped off by Amica again with Dudka

Kuzba better start fuckin scoring goals.. Zurawski is gone and now its Kuzba's turn to show what hes worth, and im afraid that he wont be able to regain his form from three years ago.... if fuckin Penksa wins the starting job over Kuzba then we know that hes done...
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

lalek

Post by lalek » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:51 am

finally a smart coach! much respect for Kasper still, but looks like Engel is starting to squeeze some balls, not like piss weak Licka. Good riddance!

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:38 am

Yeah, looks like the coach is ruling with an iron fist...Exactly what we need with the departure of Zuraw...Although I am not worried...We'll be fine- and don't be surprised to see Penksa full time soon...

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:19 pm

orzelpolska wrote:well they haven't been calling it a revolution for nothing, the club wants to start preforming and expanding, hopefully its not too late

Also Kosa has club troubles now as Kaiser don't want him and a return to Wisla isn't possible because of salary and the fact Wisla is making 500k euros a year of it for i believe another 2-3 years.

edit: also a new captain will be chosen soon, most say Baszcynski is the front runner for it.
well looks like it's going to be Frankowski with Baszczynski as a back-up

PolskaGola
First Team
First Team

Post by PolskaGola » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:37 pm

orzelpolska wrote:
NoReSpEcT wrote:
orzelpolska wrote:well they haven't been calling it a revolution for nothing, the club wants to start preforming and expanding, hopefully its not too late

Also Kosa has club troubles now as Kaiser don't want him and a return to Wisla isn't possible because of salary and the fact Wisla is making 500k euros a year of it for i believe another 2-3 years.

edit: also a new captain will be chosen soon, most say Baszcynski is the front runner for it.
many people really disagree with that cause Franek is not really a team leader quality but, then again he has given so many good faithful years to Wisla that he deserves it but, i think since in defense Wisla is the most weak - they need leadership and organization there

the 29th is the draw for our CL qualifier opponent :D can't wait
I think Wisla wants to avoid choosing Baszczynski simply because he has a much better chance of leaving then does 31 year old Frankowski. Despite all the rumors of a move to Russia or Italy, Franek is not going anywhere. And why would he? He's Wisla's main man, and is getting paid pretty well by Polish standards anyway.

Imagine, Engel chooses Baszczu as the new captain and in comes St. Petersburg with a 2 mil bid and he's gone even before the first real game starts. :roll:

Leppers_Wisla08

Post by Leppers_Wisla08 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:41 pm

franeks the captain. Engel is gonna sign a dumbass like penska, who cares if hes scoring in sparings! what happened to the spanish scout that was supposed find players that were suppose to add strength to wisla? Dudka is the only other signing that would help wisla. Engel should of put paulista in as a striker for at least 1 sparing. They sign him so that he could sit on the bench? and i don't agree with cantoro spending time on the bench. But if engel thinks that this will get wisla into CL, then i'm all for it.
Płonie ognisko na Łazienkowskiej,
Stadion Legii pali się.
Legia płonie i nigdy nie zgaśnie
"KOCHAM WISLA" -KALU UCHE

PolskaGola
First Team
First Team

Post by PolskaGola » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:40 pm

Leppers_Wisla08 wrote:franeks the captain. Engel is gonna sign a dumbass like penska, who cares if hes scoring in sparings! what happened to the spanish scout that was supposed find players that were suppose to add strength to wisla? Dudka is the only other signing that would help wisla. Engel should of put paulista in as a striker for at least 1 sparing. They sign him so that he could sit on the bench? and i don't agree with cantoro spending time on the bench. But if engel thinks that this will get wisla into CL, then i'm all for it.
If they couldn't get into the CL with the likes of Kosa, Szymek, Zurawski, and Uche (all in peak form), then what chance do they have with Paulista, Penska and Golos?

Dj Domino
First Team
First Team

Post by Dj Domino » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:20 pm

Wtf, the squad has not improved since your last campaign. What makes you think yo're going to make the CL ffs?

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:26 pm

orzelpolska wrote:
PolskaGola16 wrote:
orzelpolska wrote:
NoReSpEcT wrote:

many people really disagree with that cause Franek is not really a team leader quality but, then again he has given so many good faithful years to Wisla that he deserves it but, i think since in defense Wisla is the most weak - they need leadership and organization there

I think Wisla wants to avoid choosing Baszczynski simply because he has a much better chance of leaving then does 31 year old Frankowski. Despite all the rumors of a move to Russia or Italy, Franek is not going anywhere. And why would he? He's Wisla's main man, and is getting paid pretty well by Polish standards anyway.

Imagine, Engel chooses Baszczu as the new captain and in comes St. Petersburg with a 2 mil bid and he's gone even before the first real game starts. :roll:
Baszcynski isn't going anywhere, first there are no real offers and second he would stay unless which he said before that the salary offer has to be very much bigger than what he gets at Wisla and a decent club. Meaning he doesn't want to sign over to some mid-table or team not stronger than Wisla considerably. Who says Wisla will sell him? Wisla kept Zurawski for an extra season and a half when he stayed he wanted to leave, he signed an extended contract before so it won't happen.

Man for fans of polish football you guys really suck, can't even look on brightside or give the team a chance :? quick to doubt before any game has been played

iMan you guys are going to be sorry when we make the CL.
- Pesymista widzi ciemny tunel
- Optymista widzi swiatelko w tunelu
- Realista widzi pociag
- Maszynista widzi trzech debili na torach

Polish966

Post by Polish966 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:06 am

orzelpolska wrote:
NoReSpEcT wrote:

do u know if we can watch the draw on uefa.com?
He Played for Poland 102 times scoring 45 goals...RIP Kazimierz Deyna, Jan Pawel ll and Kazimierz Gorski

Image Image

Dj Domino
First Team
First Team

Post by Dj Domino » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:27 am

orzelpolska wrote:
Dj Domino wrote:Wtf, the squad has not improved since your last campaign. What makes you think yo're going to make the CL ffs?
maybe polish fans should give up altogether then eh :roll: maybe i should become a polish ManU or Chelsea fan like some of the other idiots on this forum
Hah. A Wisla fan ranting about bandwagoners? I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:37 am

Frankowski – new Wisla captain
Before their last preseason friendly match in Austria Wisla players met to choose their new captain - and Tomasz Frankowski won (voted captain unanimously). In case he is absent, his duties will be temporarily taken over by Marcin Baszczynski who was chosen his deputy.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:39 am

Draw at the end
As it was expected, in the very last control match Wisla midfielders proved to be the best in the entire team whereas the defenders failed another test. Although Wisla initially led 2:0, they only managed to reach the draw with Marila Pribram, 9th in the Czech league.
For the first half two players should be praised – Jakub Blaszczykowski and Marek Zienczuk whose skills and contribution took Wisla to the lead. Marek Zienczuk scored after Jakub’s action and then worked out another goal – his pass was badly taken over by Penner and the Czech defender scored an own goal. Wisla lacked concentration and a while before the break Otepka made it 2:1. The sitation was repeated in 47th minute. The result, 2:2, remained unchanged.

Wisla would have won easily if it hadn’t been for Pawel Brozek who missed a few sitters.

Generally, Wisla are not in form at all. The defenders are in poor condition, especially Jacek Kowalczyk who made numerous silly mistakes.

Wisla new captain, Tomasz Frankowski, was slightly injured and he did not perform in yestarday's match. He will soon join the team again.