Widzew Lodz News

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:51 am

right just to update all you Widzew fans on some stuff

1. Grzelak to Legia you all obviously have heard about... the transfer is not official yet so we don't know the actual price but it is apparently between 400 and 600 thousand euros... my guess is that it's closer to the 600 mark so about 2.4 million zloty... not bad for a 200 thousand zloty investment 1.5 years ago... as for the "behind the scenes" on the transfer all i know is that Boniek's mind was set on keeping him for another round and letting him go abroad (according to him some German and Italian clubs have shown interest recently). He offered Grzelak a raise but Bartek and his manager have made it clear that he wants out and he seemed to be mostly interested in the offer made to him by Zaglebie Lubin. Boniek did not want to sell him to Lubin because they wouldn't offer more than 350 thousand euro and Boniek was asking for 2 million zloty minimum (it was made official that Zaglebie have 3 million available for transfers during the winter break). Wisla was also interested but their offer wasn't as exciting for neither Grzelak or Widzew as they wanted to offload their old junk like Paszulewicz, Kaczorowski and Dawidowki in a part exchange deal. So the last option left was Legia who put their bid in for the 3rd time already and since they were the only club offering the right amount Boniek didn't hesitate.
As for my own opinion on the transfer, i obviously would have prefered Grzelak to go to Lubin. No Widzew player has ever made it at Legia long term and always ended up fighting injuries or getting loaned out to another club... Citko, Lapinski, Rzezniczak just to name a few... and with Grzelak's injury infested past seems to me like Legia is taking a bit of a gamble on him but hey i guess they can afford it... and i also wonder how the fans are going to take him on considering what he's been singing about their club for the past 1.5 years. All in all it is good for the team that he got sold because now we will be able to afford to bring more decent players into the team which we obviously need to do judging by our position in the league and we'll finally stop playing that "boot it to Grzelak" tactic we have been every time he's been on the field this season

2. As for transfers into the club, we've already signed Juszkiewicz from Gornik and are now apparently very close to signing Aleksander from Zabrze as well. Just need to convince Gornik to let him go early as his contract runs out at the end of this season and there is no release clause written into it. Him and Boniek have already agreed on his wages and he said he is signing a contract with Widzew on the 1st of January regardless of whether Gornik let's him go now or if he has to wait to leave in the summer. Other players close to signing on are Zawadzki (that ex-Wisla bloke) and some left winger called Jamruz from lower league somewhere... now that we have an extra 2 million or so in the bank i would be expecting more transfer news in the near future

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:28 am

works on undersoil heating begin today

in other news Kropiwnicki (the president of Lodz) wants to build a 60k seater in Lodz :lol:

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:27 am

2 new players have been signed

Arkadiusz Aleksander from Gornik Zabrze signed yesterday and today Widzew also signed Mateusz Broz from Wisla Krakow. The guy has never played first team but is apparently a good prospect. Zaglebie and Belchatow were apparently interested in signing him and Wisla offered to extend his contract by 5 years but he said he would have a better chance of playing firt team if he went elsewhere and also his older brother is already playing for Widzew

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:29 am

Aleksander is a decent player, never heard of anyone called Mateusz Broz.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:49 am

nSpuration wrote:never heard of anyone called Mateusz Broz.
probably becuase he's a youth player... he's like 18 years old and he's also played for Poland u-18 and u-19 teams

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:27 am

here's an article about Mateusz Broz

http://sport.gazeta.pl/pilka/1,65029,3827482.html

sounds like he's a big talent

nSpuration
First Team
First Team

Post by nSpuration » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:08 am

Seems like a good signing for you guys then. I wonder why Wisla sold him? :?

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:26 am

they didn't have a choice because he was on a youth contract and didn't want to sign a new one... i think his contract actually runs out at the end of this season and Boniek is still in talks with Wisla to let him go earlier

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:35 pm

nSpuration wrote:Aleksander is a decent player, never heard of anyone called Mateusz Broz.
Aleksander is a really good player, should de very well on a better team.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:38 am

kks.1922 wrote:
nSpuration wrote:Aleksander is a decent player, never heard of anyone called Mateusz Broz.
apparently he's been having a bad season so far... he's got 4 goals and all Gornik fans are saying he should have at least 3 times that many considering how many chances he's had to score... hopefully he can start putting them away now

Benek
First Team
First Team

Post by Benek » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:40 am

NoReSpEcT wrote:
kks.1922 wrote:
apparently he's been having a bad season so far... he's got 4 goals and all Gornik fans are saying he should have at least 3 times that many considering how many chances he's had to score... hopefully he can start putting them away now
Bad season doesn't change the fact that he's a real good player.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:04 am

http://www.widzewiak.pl/news/show.php?site=1&id=9543

would hate to see him leave... probably one of the more promising left full backs in Poland at the moment

michalkrupnik

Post by michalkrupnik » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:57 pm

Thats the one thing I hated being a Widzew fan, we never seem to be able to keep hold of our players. Granted past 2 seasons we have been rebuilding and that has made us stronger, but if we're ever going to compete like we used to, we should try and keep hold of our players.
WYCOMBE WANDERERS-06/07 CARLING CUP SEMI-FINALISTSImage

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:51 pm

yea but not at all costs... if someone is willing to pay as much as Legia gave us for Grzelak then fuck it why not... just as long as we don't sell the whole fkn team at once

btw... Iwan was trialing with a 2nd Bundesliga team without having permission to do so... i have a feeling he might not stay very long the he's been playing this year anyways

AKsoldier
First Team
First Team

Post by AKsoldier » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:25 pm

as Widzew fans probable already know by now, Wisla is interested in Jakub Wawrzyniak..... how do Widzew fans rate this player?
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:42 pm

he played really well the previous season in II liga but this year was having a shocker so far... he did start the season injured however and took some time getting back into the team... he's a promising full back, one of the better ones in Poland at the moment, but that's more to do with the lack of left backs in our league... i don't think he's going to leave though as i doubt Wisla will pay that much for him and Boniek won't sell him for peanuts... i heard somehwere that the asking price for him is 500k euro

RoberTaS

Post by RoberTaS » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:13 pm

Yesterday, Widzew`s team left to Antalya(Turkey). Players and coaches will be live in Kreml Palace for 10 days.

Here, you have few photos Kreml Palace:

http://widzewiak.pl/image/show.php?id=3857
http://widzewiak.pl/image/show.php?id=3856
http://widzewiak.pl/image/show.php?id=3858

Greetings! :wink:

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:34 pm

Kary dla ŁKS i Widzewa za derby

http://90minut.pl/news.php?id=528389
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:57 pm

whiteboy wrote:Kary dla ŁKS i Widzewa za derby

the funniest part of that article is the one about advert boards geting knocked over... i almost pissed myself when i read that :lol:

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:00 pm

NoReSpEcT wrote:
whiteboy wrote:Kary dla ŁKS i Widzewa za derby

the funniest part of that article is the one about advert boards geting knocked over... i almost pissed myself when i read that :lol:
You watch the match?
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME