Widzew Lodz News

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Prior to the 1:0 win over Zaglebie last night, the club sponsor made it official that the club and the city of Lodz have agreed about the lease of terrain for a new stadium.

POLSKIDEBESCIAK
First Team
First Team

Post by POLSKIDEBESCIAK » Mon May 18, 2009 11:21 pm

BOJCIE SIE CHAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO EKSTRAKLASY WRACAMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

organizasją delero deluefa ero demiduz etatribue a... poloń ukren

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Tue May 19, 2009 12:48 am

I'm just interested to see who they end up getting to replace some of the shit-kickers we have. The current squad can't possibly compete in the Ekstraklasa and be safe from relegation. I been hearing about some very interesting names, including an Adrian Sikora come back from Spain. But who is to say he would still be as potent in front of goal as he was back in his Groclin days. There's also a lot of talk about Michal Stasiak and Rafal Grzelak coming back home. The Stasiak move doesn't seem too likely as Zaglebie want 1 million euro for him and I doubt we will pay them that much considering we already have 4 decent center backs. Grzelak however, seems a much more likely option. His spot in Greece will be taken by Zienczuk next season and I doubt he will want to stay there. He expressed interest in coming to Lodz this season already but his club didn't have a replacement for him at the time and therefore wanted an astronomical amount for his transfer.

POLSKIDEBESCIAK
First Team
First Team

Post by POLSKIDEBESCIAK » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:34 am

Also strong rumors about Cetnarski coming, very good season for him

organizasją delero deluefa ero demiduz etatribue a... poloń ukren

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:23 am

POLSKIDEBESCIAK wrote:Also strong rumors about Cetnarski coming, very good season for him
Yea well apparently Cetnarski doesn't want to move. Belchatow does want Kuklis though and if Widzew plays their cards right we might be able to get a part-exchange deal for either Cetnarski or Gol.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:20 am

Got my ticket to the biggest Derby in Poland! Was the second last person that they sold a ticket to. Very lucky! Can't fucking wait!

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:06 pm

So, Matusiak in the starting eleven..

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:42 am

and he got the winner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrwjUlmNewI

other than that he was pretty average though but maybe he's slowly gonna hit form again

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Tue May 04, 2010 3:56 am

Ok time to resuscitate this thread a bit.

Somebody recently sent me a link to an online version of a book about Widzew and it's fans. It's extremely detailed with everything from club history to match descriptions and write ups about former "zgody" etc. From a historical viewpoint I imagine it's an interesting read not just for Widzew fans, as there are descriptions of matches with many different clubs over the years, from both an on and off the pitch viewpoint.

I bought the book last time I was in Poland last year but I'm still to read the whole thing as it's pretty big and I just can't get around to finishing it.

http://www.widzewtomy.pl/index.php?opti ... Itemid=202

Chinorios

Post by Chinorios » Tue May 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Very nice book, and also it seems next season will have you guys of Widzew in Ekstraklasa again, hope nothing bad happens and see you back. Always nice to see more Lodzkie teams in Ek.

Don't forget to help polish kids in www.pajacyk.pl ;)

Michal
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Post by Michal » Fri May 07, 2010 3:51 am

NoReSpEcT wrote:Got my ticket to the biggest Derby in Poland! Was the second last person that they sold a ticket to. Very lucky! Can't fucking wait!
what ? you were a Górnik-Ruch ? why didnt you tell me we could have caught up :P

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Fri May 07, 2010 5:03 am

Michal wrote:
NoReSpEcT wrote:Got my ticket to the biggest Derby in Poland! Was the second last person that they sold a ticket to. Very lucky! Can't fucking wait!
what ? you were a Górnik-Ruch ? why didnt you tell me we could have caught up :P
You're only like a year behind :lol:

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:51 pm

So is Widzew going to get licensing for this season?

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:59 am

polskaforever wrote:So is Widzew going to get licensing for this season?
Why wouldn't they?

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 pm

NoReSpEcT wrote:
Why wouldn't they?
I dont know. Your stadium is in bad shape isnt it?

Anyway, why did Janas leave all of a sudden?

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:19 am

polskaforever wrote:
NoReSpEcT wrote:
Why wouldn't they?

It hasn't changed since last year and last year we did get an Ekstraklasa license. I think this is nothing else than PZPN trying to have the last word. Then again who knows what those idiots might come up with next.

Janas left because he got offered a lot more money by Wojciechowski and there has also been speculation about differences of opinion between him and Zub, who is responsible for player transfers. Janas apparently wanted to sign players like Grzelak and Rachwal and the club didn't really wanna hear it.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:51 am

Well there you go.

http://www.90minut.pl/news/126/news1269 ... lasie.html

Honestly I had a sneaking suspicion that the 15 million compensation may well have something to do with it. Widzew declared that they will not sue PZPN as a club, but what's stopping Cacek from doing so as a private entity? If this goes to court PZPN will lose and they know it, that's why they came up with this little charade. I just hope PZPN don't throw the club out of their structures because of it. As they've already demonstrated they don't feel any moral obligation to follow any set of rules and I'd hate to see my club suffer for it.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:44 pm

NoReSpEcT wrote:
polskaforever wrote:
NoReSpEcT wrote:
Why wouldn't they?

It hasn't changed since last year and last year we did get an Ekstraklasa license. I think this is nothing else than PZPN trying to have the last word. Then again who knows what those idiots might come up with next.

Janas left because he got offered a lot more money by Wojciechowski and there has also been speculation about differences of opinion between him and Zub, who is responsible for player transfers. Janas apparently wanted to sign players like Grzelak and Rachwal and the club didn't really wanna hear it.
It will be disasppointing if Bakero leaves :(

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:58 pm

He won't leave because Janas is signing on as a Sports Director not a coach.

Czerwona Armia

Post by Czerwona Armia » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 am

Wkrótce Widzew ŁÃ³dź może stać się nową potęgą ekstraklasy. Jak ustalił Fakt, udziały łÃ³dzkiego klubu wkrótce ma wykupić rosyjski koncern paliwowy - Łukoil, który ma w naszym kraju sieć stacji benzynowych. Spełnione muszą jednak zostać trzy warunki. Pierwszy z nich, czyli utrzymanie zespołu w ekstraklasie został już osiągnięty.

Do przejęcia Widzewa przez Łukoil miałoby dojść w październiku. Trwa już procedura przygotowania wszystkich potrzebnych dokumentów do sfinalizowania transakcji. Na razie nie jest znana cena, za którą Sylwester Cacek sprzedałby klub rosyjskiemu gigantowi, ale nieoficjalnie mówi się o kwocie rzędu 50-60 milionów złotych.

Jednak za nim dojdzie do zmiany właściciela Cacek musi spełnić postawione przez Łukoil wymagania. Pierwszym było utrzymanie się ekstraklasie. Dwa kolejne zakładają spłatę wszystkich dotychczasowych długów Widzewa i otrzymanie zgody od władz miasta na budowę nowego stadionu. Jeśli wszystkie punkty nie zostaną spełnione, Rosjanie nie zdecydują się na przejęcie Widzewa. Zaległości finansowe łÃ³dzkiego klubu względem swoich piłkarzy rosną od kilku miesięcy. Widzew w celu zrobienia oszczędności pozbył się już pięciu piłkarzy, a wkrótce mogą odejść kolejni.

Przed kilkoma miesiącami wykupieniem łÃ³dzkiego klubu interesował się inny rosyjski gigant, działający w branży energetycznej – Gazprom. Teraz na poważnie do gry wszedł Łukoil, który od kilku lat inwestuje ogromne pieniądze na polskim rynku. W 2009 roku pojawiły się plotki o rzekomym zakupie Wisły Płock, ale do konkretnych rozmów nie doszło. Za granicą koncern sponsoruje koszykówkę i piłkę ręczną.

Gdyby Rosjanie przejęli Widzew, z pewnością łodzianie szybko doskoczyliby do czołÃ³wki polskich klubów, a być może w najbliższych latach nawiązali nawet do pełnego sukcesów, na arenie krajowej i europejskiej, okresu lat 90-tych.

http://sport.wp.pl/kat,53716,title,Widz ... caid=1cad9