Polish STADIUM construction (Updates/Projects/Photos)

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
polskaforever

Re: Polish STADIUM construction (Updates/Projects/Photos)

Post by polskaforever » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Tychy

Lublin derby

Zabrze

and now, with the highest quality lights in Poland 2500 lx 250 HZ

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 pm

polskaforever wrote:
Party Polak wrote:
polskaforever wrote:
Party Polak wrote:Damn! A stadium like that for a team that will most likely be playing in the II liga next season? :oops:
Well Lublin has a stadium and their team plays in IIII-Liga or something.

At the end of the day clubs from lower leagues need decent stadiums too.

What about Zaglebie Lubin?

I am happy that the shithole they play in will be razed to the ground and never seen again :oops:
Probably in one of the III Ligas. :oops:

Zaglebie Lubin are top of I liga. Good chance of seeing them back in the EK next season. What's the point of playing in an empty 18k plus stadium?
It wont be empty cause Lodz is one of the largest cities in Poland. Plus look at the potential positive aspects from playing in a new stadium such as more local businesses will want to sponsor the team, earn more money from vip boxes, concession stands etc. City of Lodz is growing. Lots of great new projects are happening around the city. What company wants to deal with Widzew right now in the shit hole they play in? How is that good for their image? When the stadium is complete its upto Widzew Lodz as a club to do what Legia is doing by always trying to attract new sponsors to earn more money not like Wisla.

Look at Stal Mielec, the city built a new stadium with VIP seats and now have a local foreign sponsor on their shirts 8-) How many teams in III-Liga have that? Stal Mielec even has an academy too.
Large city or not, people don't want to come and watch poor footy. 18k is what you get at a Legia game.

Stal Mielec are in the II Liga, which is the same league Widzew Lodz will be in next season. Stal Mielec have a nice little stadium, which they should. Something Widzew should look to build instead. Foreign sponsor? That don't mean shit. It don't matter who sponsors you, it's how much money you get from that sponsor. Wake me up when they're in the EK or even promoted to the I Liga.

These teams need to invest into foreign coaches to get them back in the EK. :lol:

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Yes it doesnt matter who sponsors you but how much you get. Lot of lower league clubs dont even have sponsors so for the few that do is a big + :nod:

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:58 pm

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:19 pm

New design: New stadium for Widzew presented
One of Poland’s most famous clubs finally has the new stadium unveiled. Very cost-effective, but also much larger than the club’s current needs. Delivery is planned in just over 2 years from now.
http://stadiumdb.com/news/2014/10/new_d ... _presented

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:40 am

The stadium is larger than the clubs current needs but you don't build a stadium for the next 5 years, more like 50 years. It will not take much for a club like Widzew to be back in the top flight. I've been to games there when it was at capacity and there were still people standing out the front of the stadium because they had no tickets. I've been to a derby game where I bought the last ticket 2 days before the game. There is definitely enough people interested in going to games if you do it right. Right now putting money into a club with no stadium is throwing money away and that's part of the reason why the club is in so much debt. Don't forget that not so long ago clubs like Slask, Lechia or Pogon were in the lower leagues too. When the stadium is built it will be time for the current owner to either invest some cash in a solid team or give it up and let someone else take over.

Sydney Polak

Post by Sydney Polak » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:05 am

Well I hope they get back to winning soon as a city like Lodz needs at least one club to be at the top and LKS is net gonna be there for a while...

IF Widzew still plan to play their games in Piotrkow after the winter I will definitely go to a game when I'm in Poland !

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:33 am

NoReSpEcT wrote:The stadium is larger than the clubs current needs but you don't build a stadium for the next 5 years, more like 50 years. It will not take much for a club like Widzew to be back in the top flight. I've been to games there when it was at capacity and there were still people standing out the front of the stadium because they had no tickets. I've been to a derby game where I bought the last ticket 2 days before the game. There is definitely enough people interested in going to games if you do it right. Right now putting money into a club with no stadium is throwing money away and that's part of the reason why the club is in so much debt. Don't forget that not so long ago clubs like Slask, Lechia or Pogon were in the lower leagues too. When the stadium is built it will be time for the current owner to either invest some cash in a solid team or give it up and let someone else take over.
Stadiums are built to last 25 years or so as a minimum depending on how well they are built. Better hope Widzew wont continue to drop next season in II-Liga too :P

I am happy the shithole Widzew plays in will be razed to the ground for good. Its embarrassing even for II-Liga standards.

How rich is Widzew current owner?

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:50 am

Gornik Zabrze puts 6 month deadline on stadium upgrade

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/worl ... um-upgrade

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:17 am

polskaforever wrote:
NoReSpEcT wrote:The stadium is larger than the clubs current needs but you don't build a stadium for the next 5 years, more like 50 years. It will not take much for a club like Widzew to be back in the top flight. I've been to games there when it was at capacity and there were still people standing out the front of the stadium because they had no tickets. I've been to a derby game where I bought the last ticket 2 days before the game. There is definitely enough people interested in going to games if you do it right. Right now putting money into a club with no stadium is throwing money away and that's part of the reason why the club is in so much debt. Don't forget that not so long ago clubs like Slask, Lechia or Pogon were in the lower leagues too. When the stadium is built it will be time for the current owner to either invest some cash in a solid team or give it up and let someone else take over.
Stadiums are built to last 25 years or so as a minimum depending on how well they are built. Better hope Widzew wont continue to drop next season in II-Liga too :P

I am happy the shithole Widzew plays in will be razed to the ground for good. Its embarrassing even for II-Liga standards.

Rich enough. The problem is not that he doesn't have the money, it's that he is no longer willing to spend it. He claims to have burnt through some 60 million zl since taking over the club and has not really achieved anything doing so. It's his own fault really for putting people in charge who had no clue about football or how to run a club. Now the question is, will he be reaching into his pockets again once the stadium is opened. Only time will tell.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:06 pm

NoReSpEcT wrote:
polskaforever wrote:

Rich enough. The problem is not that he doesn't have the money, it's that he is no longer willing to spend it. He claims to have burnt through some 60 million zl since taking over the club and has not really achieved anything doing so. It's his own fault really for putting people in charge who had no clue about football or how to run a club.
Sounds like Cupial

New stadiums dont guarantee success which in this case would be Wisla because of bad management.

Legia is a great example of club that has gotten bigger financially since their new stadium fully opened. Lech would be the other.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:52 pm

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:09 am

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:01 pm

Tychy Stadium build nearing final phase

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2014/11/polan ... inal_phase

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 pm

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:51 am

Lodz is one of the biggest cities in Poland and they like the rest of Poland are growing rapidly as they transition away from its industrial background. I don't see building a proper stadium for the city's paramount club as a bad investment at all.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:29 pm

Warsaw National Stadium

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:34 pm

R22 8-) :wisla: :wislaflare:

Wisla4Life

Post by Wisla4Life » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:25 am

That image from above R22 is awesome...but I can't help but wonder--that whole area to the left is their land from what I understand--could have been an amazing training and academy facility right there(I think that was the Valckx plan?)...nope, in truly Polish way...Cupial builds a base camp 91023871864 miles away from Krakow and forgets the youth academy. oops.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:13 am