Summer Transfer Wish List

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
Wisla4Life

Summer Transfer Wish List

Post by Wisla4Life » Fri May 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Things get pretty mundane and stagnant here sometimes, I think this could spice the conversation up a bit. Obviously nothing in the EK is a sure bet, but let's start a "what if" situation. Who would you like to see come to the EK this summer? Who realistically could you see in the EK? Let's not get crazy and throw around Messi, Rooney etc... Realistically, who's someone you'd like to see come to the EK, and which team will they help the most? They can be a Pole or a foreigner, youngster or veteran.. Maybe we can each throw one or two out there--A pipe dream player, a realistic player, something like that.

I'll start the conversation...

First from the not likely category: Marcin Wasilewski to Legia. Leicester just got promoted, and offered him a new contract. If Legia are serious about competing in Champions League, bringing on a guy in the back like Wasilewski could be a major veteran addition to stabilize what was a swiss cheese backline in Europe last year.

Also not likely: Lukasz Szukala to Legia or Lech. Arboleda is out in Poznan, Legia again, looked poor in Europe in the back. Szukala is experienced and could be a strong CB for either side both in the EK or Europe--He's never played in the EK, so not likely.

More realistic: Mariusz Lewandowski. Unemployed, 34 years old..Big experience..He could help solidify a midfield..Maybe Lechia?

What do you guys have? Any wishes for the summer?

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Summer Transfer Wish List

Post by Piecyk02 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Borysiuk recently said on twitter that he just finished the worst season of his life and is coming back to Poland maybe for the long term. He'd be a solid addition to any team in Poland, I'd even be happy to have him back at Legia. Vrdolijak isn't getting younger, and Lukasik has completely stopped developing.

Komorowski's contract is also up with Terek in June and there's been rumours that he could go back to Legia, maybe as an LB, though he hasn't played in a while so I'd pass on that. The other rumour about Legia right now is that we're looking to loan out this 19 year old kid from Fluminense, Ronan. He's partially owned by Chelsea so obviously they see something in him. Hopefully he'd be a solid alternative to Brzyski, but at 19 he probably doesn't have the experience to help us in Europe.

I think there's a bunch of Polak's who've failed abroad who need to just suck it up and come home. Makuszewski is a great example, barely played in a shit hole like Terek.. now he plays week in week out for a team with European aspirations, a solid fan base and a beautiful stadium. Somebody like Artur Sobiech would be a huge signing for Legia, the guy is obviously not good enough for Hannover, they've gone through so many strikers and he still hasn't done shit there. Zielinski also needs to at least get loaned out next year. He's played like 10 minutes all year and Legia could really use another creative player in the midfield. Get him some experience in European qualifiers and playing with Radovic and he's good to go.. solid move for both Udinese and Legia.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Fri May 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Borysiuk will be an excellent pick-up for any Eks team.

I think Celeban's contract is up, that'd be another excellent pick-up for a European-bound Eks team.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Fri May 16, 2014 10:51 pm

What's going to happen to young pawlowski?
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:42 pm

That would be the signing of the year if he came back to the EK

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Sat May 17, 2014 1:57 am

If there's somebody who needs to give up on the dream of playing abroad its Tomasz Cywka.. now he's headed to the english 3rd tier. He's been at 5 english clubs and had maybe 3 good months. He needs to start over in the EK like Kupisz did.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat May 17, 2014 6:49 am

Piecyk02 wrote:That would be the signing of the year if he came back to the EK
Pawlowski or Celeban?

jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Post by jastkowice » Sat May 17, 2014 8:28 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
Piecyk02 wrote:That would be the signing of the year if he came back to the EK
Pawlowski or Celeban?
Celeban is older, and would be an immediate impact player on any EK team. As for Pawlowski I really think he needs to get the fkk out of Spain. I cant recall one Polish youngster getting developed there, if anything sign with a German team. Malaga's coach does rate him high even though he has played well every time he has come on... I guess we will have to see, but I would not want him going back to the EK....He has too much potential to be in our league.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Sat May 17, 2014 8:29 am

Piecyk02 wrote:If there's somebody who needs to give up on the dream of playing abroad its Tomasz Cywka.. now he's headed to the english 3rd tier. He's been at 5 english clubs and had maybe 3 good months. He needs to start over in the EK like Kupisz did.
Speaking of dreams, I head Kuszczak might be on his way to Sunderland and Majewski needs to get the fkk out of Forest. What a waste of space he is there...

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:38 am

@gola Pawlowski would be, Legia could definitely use a winger like him instead of Ojamaa or Kucharczyk. Especially in Europe. Those guys are useless.

@jastkowice Yeah Majewski is another waste of space, he'd do a lot better for Lech/Legia than rotting away on Forest's bench.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:42 am

Speaking of wastes of space, I realized how many Polish players are completely wasting their careers and going absolutely nowhere. I present to you the "Polish failures" starting 11..

Guaranteed this team would win the EK next year and make CL

The only one I had trouble with was RB, I put Jedza because he's going nowhere.. he's never going to be good enough to make a better team than Krasnodar, so why waste your time living in a shithole like that? You have no time and no place to spend all that extra cash anyways. Come back to Legia and make your career mean something. Add a couple trophy's to your cabinet and make a decent living off it as well.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat May 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Thats a killer squad for the EK and chemistry wise would work in CL IMO
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Sat May 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Paw a fail? way to premature to call him a fail, hes only 21.

@Prancer, why would it work chemistry wise?
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:10 pm

whiteboy wrote:Paw a fail? way to premature to call him a fail, hes only 21.
I'm not saying these players are complete failures, I'm saying they have failed to establish themselves at their clubs and would do their careers a favour, by taking a step back, rebuilding in the EK and maybe having another go at it.

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Sat May 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Whiteboy

Chemistry wise it would work well since: Komorowski and Jedrza are decent sides, Celeban and Salamon are both great in the air, Celeban is quicker while Salamon is more technically skilled on the ball. Borysiuk would most likely provide great zone coverage in his area at DM. Kupisz and Cywka are probably the 2 weakest links in this but it would then force this squad to play through Majewski and Pawlowski who would definitely understand each other well because they are forward thinking creative players with great technical abilities and while Majewski loves to pass Pawlowski is more selfish so it balances out. Sobiech would just be that poacher in the box waiting for Cywka + Kupisz 's Crosses which i assume they can do
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Sat May 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Plus Borysiuk, Komor and Jedza all played with each other at Legia so there's both your full backs and DM's on the same page. Kupisz and Cywka played together at Wigan so your wings are on the same page, throw in an CAM who also plays in the Championship with a very creative second striker and a solid poacher, two very solid CB's and a keeper with a lot of promise. They would be the Celtic of the EK :naughty:

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Sat May 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Piecyk02 wrote:
whiteboy wrote:Paw a fail? way to premature to call him a fail, hes only 21.
I'm not saying these players are complete failures, I'm saying they have failed to establish themselves at their clubs and would do their careers a favour, by taking a step back, rebuilding in the EK and maybe having another go at it.
sure, all except Paw. Pluus he just joined malaga.
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Sat May 17, 2014 5:35 pm

you're shitting me
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

patrickjjh

Post by patrickjjh » Sat May 17, 2014 5:47 pm

jedrzejczyk is playing 90 mins a game on a team thats 5th in the RPL and gonna be playing in EL next season!

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat May 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Jedrzejczyk is playing exactly at his level.

Salamon and Pawlowski are far from flops. If the Spanish and Italian coaches say they are not ready for first team play then they are not ready. These guys aren't Ekstraklasa coaches with no brains. To replace Salamon on that lineup I'd give a shoutout to Blazej Augustyn. Dude's career ain't going anywhere from Serie B but would be a solid signing for Ekstraklasa.

Cywka is not that good, period. I can name several wingers playing abroad that are much better than him, Grosicki, Rybus, Pawlowski, Sobota, Peszko, Wszolek, maybe even Cwielong.