Buy Out Clauses - Should EK teams implement this

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
Pan Borkowski
First Team
First Team

Re: Buy Out Clauses - Should EK teams implement this

Post by Pan Borkowski » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:59 pm

A lot of EK teams implement causes on good players to still acquire a percentage of future sales.

So lets say Legia sells Kosecki to _______ for 1,000,000 Euros with a 25% future sales agreement.

If Kosecki then becomes good and is sold in 3 years to a better club for lets say 10,000,000 Euros, then Legia could eventually get 2,500,000 Euros from that sale. That is smart business.

This is generally smarter then buyout clauses for feeder clubs.

I remember when Rudnevs was sold to Hamburg, his old club in Hungary were paid a percentage of the fee that was agreed upon with Lech.

Paramount

Post by Paramount » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:22 am

the question should be why hasn't this been done yet?

IF other leagues are doing this and making $$$ from it then why doesn't the EK introduce this?

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Paramount wrote:the question should be why hasn't this been done yet?

IF other leagues are doing this and making $$$ from it then why doesn't the EK introduce this?

I remember Wisla had a clause in place when they sold Uche for future sale agreements.

It could be the case that the other club will not buy the player if a clause like this is in effect. Most PL clubs will do anything to sell a player for a 1 mil EUROs :?

legia_piotr
First Team
First Team

Post by legia_piotr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:13 am

Paramount wrote:the question should be why hasn't this been done yet?

The thing is you can't really implement this on a league-wide basis. It will depend on player to player and on their respective contracts.

Legia did this with Wolski and it makes sense for most transfers out of the Ekstraklasa (i.e. these are young, prospective players but by no means surefire things).

Looking at jastkowice's original argument briefly, I just think the "frustration" of seeing some of our most talented youngsters (Wolski, Milik) leaving for fairly moderate prices was the crux of his argument. (At the time, Wszołek was supposed to leave for 1 mln euro, which is pretty low for a talent like him IMO) But again, this will depend on the player, the club, and the agent (who plays a huge part in all of this, as NoRespect said). Having a buy-out clause in a way protects the club from artificially low transfer bids... but having a buy-out clause that is too high will detract from those bids coming in the first place. In the end, most Polish teams need the $$ anyways (teams like Górnik or Polonia more so than Legia, of course) so even if they are selling players at 80 cents on the dollar (for ex.), that $ helps them out immensely. They key is to take that $ and use it for player development, training, & coaching so they can develop more youngsters that they sell for more money down the road... but unfortunately, we know that is not always the case in Polska. (Though I think Legia's Academy and their recent successes has most EK teams taking note)

just my 2 grosze 8-)