Buy Out Clauses - Should EK teams implement this

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
jastkowice
Official PS.com Flag Bearer

Buy Out Clauses - Should EK teams implement this

Post by jastkowice » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Alright boys,

Wanted to get an opinion from some of you who 'follow' the EK - I had a super conversation with Nicram :? and I stated that Legia are resigning Kosecki and I was hopeful that Legia would include a buy out clause - lets say for 10 million euros. As with more exposure in the spring round and if a great CL campaign happens, he could be hot property.

Nicram says that this is stupid and laughable and nobody will do such a thing in Poland's EK?

Thoughts please.... thank you

nicram
First Team
First Team

Re: Buy Out Clauses - Should EK teams implement this

Post by nicram » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Jaskowice from chat "If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 pm

nicram wrote:Jaskowice from chat "If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
Yes, that is my quote and my argument is based on EK management selling young stars for cheap - especially in the past year - Milik, Wszolek possible Wolski, Pawlowski etc....it would make sense that when they sign a young player to a new contract - put in a clause to ensure they get the most money possible.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 am

Buy out clauses would be put into contracts of all Eks players not just the young talent. What you are doing is basically making it even more impossible for clubs like Wisla to sign Polish players.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:07 am

Gola,

They can still buy players for as long as a fair amount is agreed upon. The clause is to protect small clubs of the EK from bigger clubs with huge cash swooping in and stealing talent for 1 million euros... I see what you are saying about young talents going from ek to ek but like others have said if a young talent is developing well then he will go abroad and not stay in the EK. If he goes abroad then make the new club pay a nice amount not steal another polish talent from our league.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 am

Then change your proposal to "Buy Out Clause to Foreign Leagues" rather than just a plain Buy Out clause.

The former will achieve what you want to gain while the latter affects Polish clubs negatively. You have to realize that far from every other Eks player is a young talent that's good enough to go abroad.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 am

I can only give you my opinion from my football manager 2012 experience and from previous versions :mrgreen:

I always hated when the bigger clubs would offer an x amount of dollars to buy my best young player and I would reject the offer because I didnt think it was good enough which in turn would cause my player to be really upset and then he wouldnt play well etc He would be so upset that when contract renewal would come up he wouldnt resign with the team which in turn forced my hand to sell him to make something then nothing at all.

So I would put in a clause in contracts to prevent the bigger clubs from easily trying to take my best players away. The player at least knows if clubs offer less money then what the clause says he cant get upset so much and better chances for contract renewal when the time comes.

On the other hand if a club is willing to match the clause then I cant do anything but at least it forces the club to pay up from I want to sell him for and the player has no further say in transfer negotiations.

I prefer clauses in contracts because it allows my club to have a quality product on the field and still be competitive longer and only then decide to sell the player when someone else better comes along that makes that player more expandable.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 am

Legia can include a clause if they want to and if the player would agree but I dont know in the real world how often clubs want to include clauses in contracts.

I find that owners in EK are cheap as fuck and they dont care about soccer (except maybe Legia and Lech). They dont properly invest in the club such as training facilities and youth academies to improve the clubs reputation and situation. The foreign clubs know this so why should they pay more for a player to another owner who doesnt care. Theyre not going to pay what an AUDI costs for a POLONEZ product.

Poznaniak
First Team
First Team

Post by Poznaniak » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:00 am

Srry, horrible idea. Z niewolnika niema pracownika. So if a foreign team can't meet ridicously high buy out clouse then the player can't go anywhere?

What's gonna happen.
1) Player won't be motivated to play and will end up getting in ME while waiting for his contract to run out or leave on bossman.
2) Play his best, get put in ME because he doesn't want to sign new contract.
3) Play his best, leave on free.

Most Polish players leaving EK are not even worth their sale price. Let's just hope wszolek doesn't end up like Klich, Borysiuk, or Swierczolek.

Poznaniak
First Team
First Team

Post by Poznaniak » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 am

jastkowice wrote:Gola,

They can still buy players for as long as a fair amount is agreed upon. The clause is to protect small clubs of the EK from bigger clubs with huge cash swooping in and stealing talent for 1 million euros... I see what you are saying about young talents going from ek to ek but like others have said if a young talent is developing well then he will go abroad and not stay in the EK. If he goes abroad then make the new club pay a nice amount not steal another polish talent from our league.
1) There is no player in small Polish club worth €1.000.000!!! I don't think Milik is even worth that. He hasn't really showed anything but scored few goals in our poor league.
2) Srry, no Polish club at this moment has money to buy a player for €1.000.000. Not Lech or Legia. Almost every Polish club is in debt and has problems paying their players.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Is no one finding having a TEN MILLION transfer clause on an ek player as funny as i am?

Maybe if it were 1 or 2 mill, for most promising youth, I could have a proper discussion about it. But 10 mil? Do you think lewy or Wolski could be worth that much if they stayed in the ek? Adrian is the only player that broke 5 mil, and thats only because of rich dumb turks interested in real European players. Not even Fabi going to arsenal broke 5 mil, yet you want twice that? Who would ever leave the ek for that amount ever? Players would just wait till their contracts up and leave on a free.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

PolishPrancer
First Team
First Team

Post by PolishPrancer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Smaller buyout clauses actually make sense. Lets get real here
ps.com has seen napster, aj axurre, rasiak, msn messenger - all of them - come and go quietly into the good night, and here it stands - a profitable internet giant in the face of all obstacles making a tidy profit from google adsense - JDE

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Poznaniak wrote:Srry, horrible idea. Z niewolnika niema pracownika. So if a foreign team can't meet ridicously high buy out clouse then the player can't go anywhere?

What's gonna happen.
1) Player won't be motivated to play and will end up getting in ME while waiting for his contract to run out or leave on bossman.
2) Play his best, get put in ME because he doesn't want to sign new contract.
3) Play his best, leave on free.

Most Polish players leaving EK are not even worth their sale price. Let's just hope wszolek doesn't end up like Klich, Borysiuk, or Swierczolek.
To answer your fantastic response Poznaniak - first off you are wrong about a team not meeting a high clause, if they want the player bad enough they can throw out a bid there is nothing in the contract that says if you dont meet the clause you cannot buy him - the clause is only if the team wants to buy the player outright even if the team denies the request. So, basically your argument doesnt make any sense here at all.

Now to answer your digits which are also false,
Any young player that is coming up through the ranks, or even coming from a different ek team wants a great contract and wants to build us his development why would he care if the team has protected his assets in their interest?! Think about that one very long and hard.

You said most Polish players leaving the EK arent even worth their sale price is that a joke? Most of the young kids that are leaving will be able to be resold in a couple of years, once they do their thing and will be sold for a much higher sum which means good business.

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 pm

nicram wrote:Is no one finding having a TEN MILLION transfer clause on an ek player as funny as i am?

Maybe if it were 1 or 2 mill, for most promising youth, I could have a proper discussion about it. But 10 mil? Do you think lewy or Wolski could be worth that much if they stayed in the ek? Adrian is the only player that broke 5 mil, and thats only because of rich dumb turks interested in real European players. Not even Fabi going to arsenal broke 5 mil, yet you want twice that? Who would ever leave the ek for that amount ever? Players would just wait till their contracts up and leave on a free.
Yes, Nicram great response lets put a 2milion dollar clause on Kosecki who is already worth around 2 million euros - Amazing post once again. Thank you for your great effort.

Now, lets be realistic - Kosecki played very well last round and that includes Europa competition - lets say they finish the season his form continues and he plays well in Champions League...his stock will jump through the roof and guess what he wont be protected and somebody will snag him for a cheap amount because once again he is not protected.

Who cares about the past, your talking about Fabi - dont give two shits about what has happened in the past - its a new year - Polish players are being targeted by many big clubs and that is WHY clubs need to protect them and if not make enough money to sustain. Our league is getting a lot of exposure especially since Euro and we have a very talented bunch of players coming up through the ranks. Look how our under 17 team did, we have a very bright future and teams are going to continue coming and trying to steal players for cheap ass money.

We need to protect them now!

jastkowice

Post by jastkowice » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Soo many young stars - just want our teams to get paid well! And, make our EK stronger!

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Did I specifically say Kosecki?

Even so, you ridicule a 2 mil clause on Kosecki when you want a 10 mil clause?! You don't seem to get it. Its ok because anyone with half a brain who hears your idea will know that you have no clue what you're talking about.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:09 pm

I think Jastkowice knows what he is talking about nitram, he is just wrong. Regardless, I don't think your language and trollish comments is helping anyone here or is productive to the discussion.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I think Jastkowice knows what he is talking about nitram, he is just wrong. Regardless, I don't think your language and trollish comments is helping anyone here or is productive to the discussion.
No, he is wrong because he doesn't know wtf he is talking about. I'm also not the only one being snide here. Go be a white knight somewhere else.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

whiteboy
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteboy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:34 pm

"Young stars"

:rofl:
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Most young promising players sign contracts in Poland with hope that the club will prove to be a stepping stone towards Europe. If anything, it's more likely that the player would request a clause with a somewhat reasonable amount to ensure that the club doesn't try to block a potential transfer to the big leagues. Not that Polish clubs generally do this as most are happy with the transfer fees currently received, and rightfully so. You also need to keep in mind that it's not only the club and player who are involved in transfers and contract signing. Most of the work is done by the player's agents and they have a vested interest in ensuring that the player will transfer to another club for as high a fee as possible as they get a cut from it. This is how they make their living so it would be unreasonable to expect that they will encourage their players to sign contracts with clauses which make it near impossible for any transfers that actually involve a transfer fee.