New Ekstraklasa System

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Re: New Ekstraklasa System

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:11 pm

How does that refute my point?

And there is more than 1 club in the Ekstraklasa at any given time.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Well whats the point of splitting it into two groups if you dont split the points in half?

You might as well just leave the old format as it is.

I dont know what you are so concerned about. Under the old format it did not help with Poland co-efficients at all. Dont see how the old format was any good. You still had shit clubs winning the league or getting the other European spots.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:46 pm

polskaforever wrote:Well whats the point of splitting it into two groups if you dont split the points in half?

You might as well just leave the old format as it is.
Well maybe that is preferable to the chaos of having the points split in half. The one thing I have observed is that there is no such thing as a middle table anymore, which is vital for the strength of the league.

I am in favor of having more games played, but there can be better ways of organizing the system that doesn't jeopardize the middle table, league stability and long-term planning.
I dont know what you are so concerned about. Under the old format it did not help with Poland co-efficients at all. Dont see how the old format was any good. You still had shit clubs winning the league or getting the other European spots.
The old format was perfectly fine for Poland's co-efficents. The problem was that Polish clubs did not perform in Europe.

Shit clubs winning the league? When was the last time that happened? The Slask that won last year was not a shit team. (For Ekstraklasa standards anyway) As for the European spots, Lech, Legia, Wisla, Slask, arguably the top 4 teams in Poland, consistently got into Europe. Occasionally teams who performed well over 30 games like Jaga and Ruch also entered Europe, deservedly.

What this new system does is make it more likely for our top 4 clubs to not get into Europe, and for crappier teams to enter instead. It allows for teams like Zaglebie Lubin or Gornik Zabrze to get relegated, lose all their investments, squad, and future on a complete whim, while allowing teams like GKS Belchatow who happen to have a good finish to the season to stay up.

The league needs stability and long-term planning. It doesn't need chaos. This league split only allows for short-term planning and I think we can all agree that short-term planning is the reason why Polish clubs are for the most part in the current state that they are.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm

There is still a middle table in the first 30 games...then from that point on determines if you are in top 8 or bottom 8. Then there is a middle table when its played in two groups. Whats the problem?