New Ekstraklasa System

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
polskaforever

Re: New Ekstraklasa System

Post by polskaforever » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:36 pm

Tomasz Kulawik o nowym systemie rozgrywek naszej Ekstraklasy
- Dopiero będziemy oceniać to wszystko gdy to ruszy, zrobione jest to pod kątem tego, żeby nasza liga i nasze granie dobrze funkcjonowało, bo wszyscy narzekają, że brakuje nam gier, że za mało mały meczów - tak trener Wisły Kraków, Tomasz Kulawik, komentował dzisiejsze doniesienia o zaplanowanej od nowego sezonu zmianie systemu rozgrywek w naszej lidze.
Basically says that everyone complains not enough matches in EK.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:16 am

patrickjjh wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:Ruch and Polonia, Seriously?

Why are games useless Polskaforever? More games for youth, forces clubs to invest and be financially responsible, and more income from ticket sales, tv deals and advertising.
how is there more games for youth, and how does it force clubs to invest.. its 2 more teams

ruch and polonia are pretty useless, ruch is so bad i have no idea how they got 2nd place last year, and polonia has a shit stadium + dumbass owners. those clubs wont invest shit
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Ruch is one of the biggest clubs in Poland and Polonia has invested more money into football than any other Polish team over the past decade aside from maybe Legia. (I don't know how much Legia actually paid for their youth and training investment)

There are more games for youth and clubs are forced to invest because 18 teams means more games, means it is necessary for clubs to have larger squads to compete in the Ekstraklasa.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:07 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
patrickjjh wrote:
(polskaGOLA) wrote:Ruch and Polonia, Seriously?

Why are games useless Polskaforever? More games for youth, forces clubs to invest and be financially responsible, and more income from ticket sales, tv deals and advertising.
how is there more games for youth, and how does it force clubs to invest.. its 2 more teams

ruch and polonia are pretty useless, ruch is so bad i have no idea how they got 2nd place last year, and polonia has a shit stadium + dumbass owners. those clubs wont invest shit
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Ruch is one of the biggest clubs in Poland and Polonia has invested more money into football than any other Polish team over the past decade aside from maybe Legia. (I don't know how much Legia actually paid for their youth and training investment)

There are more games for youth and clubs are forced to invest because 18 teams means more games, means it is necessary for clubs to have larger squads to compete in the Ekstraklasa.
A lot of clubs have financial difficulties dont you get that??? so that means more teams to have more games is not a good option. Its better the way the new format will be now with the current number of teams.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:10 am

Some reaction to the new Ekstraklasa reform

http://www.polandsoccerblog.com/2013/04 ... eform.html

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Ekstraklasa reform divides opinions

http://ekstraklasareview.wordpress.com/ ... -opinions/

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Reform shows sins of Polish football

http://ekstraklasareview.wordpress.com/ ... -football/

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:15 am

polskaforever wrote:
Poznaniak wrote:
AKsoldier wrote:My initial reaction was that I didn't like the idea. But were just going to have to wait and see how this pans out.

I'm sure that if things don't work out, they will quickly return to how it was originally.
They already did it in 01/02 season.
Yes but it was in two groups from the start of the season. This time its a little different. I dont know if last time the league started earlier and as many games were played as in the new format now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001%E2%80 ... kstraklasa
As far as I remember in the old format (01/02 season) every team played 28 games, which is even less than currently. The new format will see 37 games played per team.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:26 pm

NoReSpEcT wrote:
polskaforever wrote:
Poznaniak wrote:
AKsoldier wrote:My initial reaction was that I didn't like the idea. But were just going to have to wait and see how this pans out.

I'm sure that if things don't work out, they will quickly return to how it was originally.
They already did it in 01/02 season.
Yes but it was in two groups from the start of the season. This time its a little different. I dont know if last time the league started earlier and as many games were played as in the new format now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001%E2%80 ... kstraklasa
As far as I remember in the old format (01/02 season) every team played 28 games, which is even less than currently. The new format will see 37 games played per team.
37 games sounds good per team :thumbup:

Teams that are better trained, organized and managed will succeed. Wonder if the mentality will change regarding teams selling their best players quickly to the west for quick profit :?:

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 pm

More games = need for a larger squad = investment into better squad, therefore teams, or investment into youth for youth to fill the gaps.

It also means more match-day ticket income for some teams, which is how unfortunately some teams maintain a positive balance sheet.

This is a good change and probably better than expanding to 18 teams like I previously advocated for.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:45 pm

polskaforever wrote:37 games sounds good per team :thumbup:

Teams that are better trained, organized and managed will succeed. Wonder if the mentality will change regarding teams selling their best players quickly to the west for quick profit :?:
Make no mistake about it. If a solid enough foreign club comes knocking, every player in the Ekstraklasa is for sale. We are obviously talking younger prospective players as these are the ones that foreign clubs pay any attention to. It's not necessarily about a quick profit as investment into football in Poland is generally not profitable. Teams sell players because they need to close their budgets, not because the owner is greedy and wants 1 or 2 million in their pocket. People who invest in football don't need 1 or 2 extra million and if they do, they have other sources of making money.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:53 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:More games = need for a larger squad = investment into better squad, therefore teams, or investment into youth for youth to fill the gaps.

It also means more match-day ticket income for some teams, which is how unfortunately some teams maintain a positive balance sheet.

This is a good change and probably better than expanding to 18 teams like I previously advocated for.
The only teams that make any serious income from gate receipts are Legia and Lech. For most clubs having more people at the games means higher organisational costs, which the extra money from gate receipts is merely used to cover. In reality for some teams having that extra 5,000 people at a game makes little or no financial difference short term, but can make a difference long term. Obviously a team that attracts a larger audience (coupled with good results) will earn the right to prime time spots on TV, which means more money from TV rights and more importantly greater exposure for any potential sponsors.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 pm

NoReSpEcT wrote:
polskaforever wrote:37 games sounds good per team :thumbup:

Make no mistake about it. If a solid enough foreign club comes knocking, every player in the Ekstraklasa is for sale. We are obviously talking younger prospective players as these are the ones that foreign clubs pay any attention to. It's not necessarily about a quick profit as investment into football in Poland is generally not profitable. Teams sell players because they need to close their budgets, not because the owner is greedy and wants 1 or 2 million in their pocket. People who invest in football don't need 1 or 2 extra million and if they do, they have other sources of making money.
Of course every player in EK is for sale (as always) but if this new reform makes it more competitive then owners will have to keep their best players a little while longer possibly. Plus more games means more revenue to balance their budgets so that will mean they dont need to sell their best players so quickly.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 am

Boniek: 'Ekstraklasa reform set for next season'

http://www.thenews.pl/1/5/Artykul/13570 ... ext-season

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:02 pm

Had a convo with Focus in the chat on the new system following some observing of the new Ekstraklasa rules in practice on Football Manager.

Start reading from the bottom of the image:

I can provide examples of test holiday games on FM if you guys wish, but I want to continue the discussion from chat on here. Are the points being halved actually something that we want?

I am feeling like there was a good reason why most Ekstraklasa clubs opposed the points being halved, and my holiday games on FM are showing why.

Focus

Post by Focus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:09 pm

LOL you're ridiculous.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 pm

:lol:
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:16 pm

For posting the chat convo?

Well with the chat hardly anyone posts in the forums anymore and I felt that the new league system is worthy of discussion. Sorry if I have offended.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:59 am

I agree with Focus 8-)

Under the new system clubs will be fighting it out for the top 8 then from there fighting for the trophy. The bottom 8 will be fighting for their lives. Every game counts now for points.

Its about time PL clubs "step up". Clubs cant slack off anymore. The new rules will punish you for it.

:mrgreen:

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:18 am

Yah, and so would a fight to the death, that would make things really interesting, I am sure clubs would really try then.

Look, I am in support of making clubs try harder as well but there comes a point when it is too much and it is detrimental to the league. This league needs stability and long-term vision more than anything else. This new league system (or atleast the points halving aspect of it) does the opposite of that.

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:32 pm

no it doesnt. it means that when a team is dominating the league by like 20 points or more they cant slack off in games.