Post by NIGDON » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 am

New season starts soon so how do you guys think it will go

Who would be the teams to watch ?

nicram
First Team
First Team

Re: Ekstraklasa 2012/2013

Post by nicram » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:53 am

Watch Legia and no one else, not even the team they're playing against, just tape off that side of the tv
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have 2 broken fingers in my leg and I'm still here!
hejters gona hejt

NIGDON

Post by NIGDON » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:56 am

how good has Legia been in the summer guys will the league be theres??

how do u see Wisla Krakow,Lech Poznan,Slask Wroclaw,Ruch Chorzow all doing

and what about the newly promoted sides

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:01 am

Wisla Krakow,Lech Poznan,Slask Wroclaw,Ruch Chorzow have lost many players without buying anyone worth while. The best they can hope for is some recently called up young players to progress.

Legia on the other hand is full of talent. Foreign teams will be keeping on eye on Legia for their young talent.
Wolski is next to go, then probably Zyro/Kosecki/Kucharczyk. Even if they lose all these guy, they still have even younger guys who have been pretty good for their age during summer friendlies.

They are really trying to cash in on Wolski too. Zyro/Kosecki/Kucharczyk will probably be sold next summer for just under 2 mill, somewhere in the Borysiuk/Rybus ballpark, unless they make some real breakthroughs this season.

Newly promoted sides are garbage. Piast has Swierczok, and ill probably watch them just to see if the kid is developing. There is also a bunch of decent young talent scattered between the other ek teams. Lech has a couple of guys too. Mozdzen and Kaminski are regulars and god knows whats up with Drygas. I personally like the way Kielb plays and i regret him leaving Lech last season but he and Wilk will be back.

Jagiellonia has Kupisz who is pretty damn good and just maybe, they may finally finish building their stadium, which looks pretty good.
Last edited by nicram on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If Legia resigned Kosecki i put a clause in there for 10 mill just to protect the player"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

NIGDON

Post by NIGDON » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:12 am

thanks nicram.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:22 am

nicram wrote:Watch Legia and no one else, not even the team they're playing against, just tape off that side of the tv
Hahah :lol:

Hopefully Pogon do well, I'm very happy to see them back in the ek. Ideally I want Belchatow and Bielsko-Biala relegated. These teams have shit stadiums and no fucking fanbase. Hopefully Cracovia and either Arka or Zawisza get promoted.

I'm very happy being a legia fan these days, not only do Wolski, Kosecki, Zyro and Kucharczyk all look promising but now guys like Lukasik, Zurek, Furman, Jagiello and Cichocki are all coming up. If we don't win the title this year after coming so close last year I'm gonna be real disappointed. Guys like Saganowski, Zewlak and Vrdolijak all add experience and Gol, Radovic, Ljuboja, Astiz, Wawrzyniak and Kuciak are all some of the best in the ek.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:50 am

Small correction, Ruch strengthened their squad quite a bit this summer. :)

But yah, if you don't support any team in the Ekstraklasa, then it's only worth watching Legia play, and maybe downloading match day highlights of everyone else if you want to go through that effort.

Gola: "Do you know who Tomaszewski even is Paramount?"
Paramount: "No, and i'm not googling it cause it's some fake"

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 am

Piecyk02 wrote:
nicram wrote:Watch Legia and no one else, not even the team they're playing against, just tape off that side of the tv
Hahah :lol:

Hopefully Pogon do well, I'm very happy to see them back in the ek. Ideally I want Belchatow and Bielsko-Biala relegated. These teams have shit stadiums and no fucking fanbase. Hopefully Cracovia and either Arka or Zawisza get promoted.

I'm very happy being a legia fan these days, not only do Wolski, Kosecki, Zyro and Kucharczyk all look promising but now guys like Lukasik, Zurek, Furman, Jagiello and Cichocki are all coming up. If we don't win the title this year after coming so close last year I'm gonna be real disappointed. Guys like Saganowski, Zewlak and Vrdolijak all add experience and Gol, Radovic, Ljuboja, Astiz, Wawrzyniak and Kuciak are all some of the best in the ek.
Seriously, it would be a huge upset if they didn't win the ek. The problem is that they should win without much of a challenge and that kind of kills the competition.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:56 am

Even if Legia wins the competition, the race for the European spots will still likely be exciting as per usual, with so many teams of relatively equal quality all competing for it.

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:08 pm

nicram wrote:
Seriously, it would be a huge upset if they didn't win the ek. The problem is that they should win without much of a challenge and that kind of kills the competition.
The thing is thats how the ek has been for years.. one team absolutely dominates and loses maybe a couple games all year. I don't think legia is that good, they will definitely drop games. The sad part is that Legia hasn't gotten that much better, its that all the other teams are making themselves worse. Really don't understand why, Legia doubled their earnings last year from 2010 by playing in europe.. wouldn't other teams want to repeat that instead of selling their players for pennies.

Pulaski
First Team
First Team

Post by Pulaski » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:17 pm

NIGDON wrote:how good has Legia been in the summer guys will the league be theres??

how do u see Wisla Krakow,Lech Poznan,Slask Wroclaw,Ruch Chorzow all doing

and what about the newly promoted sides
LEGIA is stacked and the heavy favorite, but they were also loaded with talent last year and shit the beds hard the last 6 weeks. :lol:
RUCH Is my dark horse to win the league, Piech is a beast, this is a solid team and has alot of good players.
LECH is also filled with some talent, but they lost so many players this year, I don't see them beating out LEGIA.

Wisla is a disaster...they finished 7th last year, and frankly have the talent level of a generic EK team. :oops:
SLASK is utter dogshit. They are a joke and sold their whole team, don't expect much. :lol:
Pogon might be decent, dont know much about them, Piast is nothing special...
Podbeskedzie will give some teams trouble as well.
Lechia at least has a great stadium in Gdansk. Thats the only positive for them.
WIDZEW might also be decent and fight for a top-4 spot this year.
and finally, I beg GKS gets relegated...they suck and have no fans.

nicram
First Team
First Team

Post by nicram » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Podbeskedzie is my dark horse.
These guys are talentless fucks but they play hard and are able to make a few upsets. To bad they're from nowhere and have no fans and a shitty stadium.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hejters gona hejt

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:59 pm

GKS does suck, but they are doing things right. They are buying young talent and developing them to sell to other Eks clubs so they have the funds to stay alive.

I'd like to see them drop eventually too but they unlike other village clubs are atleast doing something good for the league.

Party Polak
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Party Polak » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm

:pogon: :thumbup:

polskaforever

Post by polskaforever » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:09 pm

:wisla: :thumbup:

Piecyk02
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Piecyk02 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:11 pm

:legia: & :pogon: <3

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:02 pm

polskaforever wrote: :wisla: :thumbup:

MrMariusz
First Team
First Team

Post by MrMariusz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Browsing through the squads, it looks like the EK is getting progressively worse in quality. I won't even bother getting mad about this anymore - if Polish teams do not give a fuck, why should I?

Complete joke, this league.

NoReSpEcT
First Team
First Team

Post by NoReSpEcT » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:24 am

The league is getting weaker but with good reason. A lot of investment $$$ is being pulled out from clubs. The only club that does not have to worry financially in the near future is Legia. The marketing hype around this club was spot on and coupled with the newly erected stadium has caused born again fans to appear left right and center. For others, not so much. Many owners have simply had enough. Football is the worst possible investment if you are looking to make money and since we are currently going through a bit of a rough patch investors will look to limit their spending on toys they can do without, and who can blame them? This can be perceived to be a bad thing for the league but that's not necessarily true. With the demise of overpaid average mercenaries perhaps clubs will opt to develop their own players that come up through the ranks. Expect this season to be even more difficult to predict and I'd say the ladder could get even flatter than last season.

(polskaGOLA)
First Team
First Team

Post by (polskaGOLA) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 am

I only hope the Legia project succeeds. I don't care if it means Legia dominates polish football and wins every title this decade, we need a club to do that and become big. If the other clubs in the league want to become competitive and get some of that money, then they will need to adapt and invest to challenge Legia.

Plus Legia is lacking in trophies compared to Wisla/Ruch/Gornik. Let them catch up. ;)