Puchar Polski 2007/2008

The place to discuss all the Polish soccer leagues
User avatar
AKsoldier
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4142
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:50 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by AKsoldier » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:53 pm

Wish Slask the best of luck this season. Hopefully we'll see you guys in the EK next year along with Lechia.
Image
Bog. Honor. Ojczyzna

User avatar
SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3657
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:40 pm

AKsoldier wrote:Wish Slask the best of luck this season. Hopefully we'll see you guys in the EK next year along with Lechia.
Thanks!!! 8) Will be great to have the trio in the Ekstraklasa next season (imagine the atmosphere of the games when we play). I wish Wisla the best of luck so they can win the Ekstraklasa and to leave Legia in the dust!!! WISLA-SLASK-LECHIA FOREVER!!!!

User avatar
Pulaski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5132
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Warszawa

Post by Pulaski » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:47 am

Benek wrote:
whiteboy wrote:
Benek wrote:
whiteboy wrote:Wisla win 5-4 on PK's
ohh man, Wisla must suck. A II liga team took them to PK's :roll:
you're joking right :lol:

are you??? anyways, yes i was sarcastic. Lech lost to a II liga team, you made a deal out of it, but what now? The mighty Wisla had to go to PK's to beat a II liga team. Explain that one.
WISLA WON. LECH LOST. EXPLAINED.

WE WON. YOU LOST. GO HOME AND CRY. :lol:

User avatar
Poznaniak
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3112
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Pyrlandia.
Contact:

Post by Poznaniak » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:49 pm

Wow, Korona lost against Polonia Warszawa. :shock:

Final score: 3-1
Image

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Post by whiteboy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:53 pm

Poznaniak wrote:Wow, Korona lost against Polonia Warszawa. :shock:

Final score: 3-1
They got Wdowczyk as they're coach now....
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
Benek
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13897
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:47 am

Post by Benek » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:02 am

I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
Image

User avatar
Poznaniak
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3112
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Pyrlandia.
Contact:

Post by Poznaniak » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:07 am

Benek wrote:I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
lol, why would they play it in North America? The event wouldn't draw 5k people...

They should play it on neutral ground, but in Poland.
Image

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Post by whiteboy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:19 am

Benek wrote:I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
You know, Groclin V Korona last year played in Belchatow?
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
Benek
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13897
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:47 am

Post by Benek » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:25 am

Poznaniak wrote:
Benek wrote:I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
lol, why would they play it in North America? The event wouldn't draw 5k people...

They should play it on neutral ground, but in Poland.
You think PP would only draw 5k in Chicago? It's the most prestigious trophy in Poland. Cracovia drew fairly well when they were in Chicago, and that was just for a pre-season friendly or whatever. With PP, you're talking about 2 Polish clubs play, actually playing to win something.

On top of it, what a novelty of a game. PP in Chicago :shock:
Image

User avatar
TheWhiteStarArmy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4206
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:30 am
Location: Here and there

Post by TheWhiteStarArmy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:01 pm

Shit, I'd find some way of getting to Chicago if the PP final was played there. There'd be no way I'd miss it.
Image

User avatar
Kubek1oh1
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Toronto/Krakow

Post by Kubek1oh1 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:41 pm

Benek wrote:
Poznaniak wrote:
Benek wrote:I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
lol, why would they play it in North America? The event wouldn't draw 5k people...

They should play it on neutral ground, but in Poland.
You think PP would only draw 5k in Chicago? It's the most prestigious trophy in Poland. Cracovia drew fairly well when they were in Chicago, and that was just for a pre-season friendly or whatever. With PP, you're talking about 2 Polish clubs play, actually playing to win something.

On top of it, what a novelty of a game. PP in Chicago :shock:
Chicago is way to far from what I understand, this would had to be played after the OE season, which would extend already pretty long season for alot of teams. Players aint robots without giving them some rest, if Wisla and Legia make it and they finish one and two in the league that already shrinks their time to prepare for CL and UEFA Cup qualifications, have to consider that too now, CL qualifications now start from round one that is like middle of july I think or so or the end at best. League will probably go till end of may or early june, depends on if Poland is playing in any major events, Euro or WC.

Cracovia didnt drew all those fans its was Fire fans, so dont tell me Cracovia drew so many fans cause they didnt, if they put up 2500 ppl on their own stadium with Arka which is they ally in Triada, then I dont think they will even meet that 5k, by themself, if it was some big name team lets say Wisla vs Legia different story alot ppl would maybe show up, I know I would travel from Canada to see the game, but if you have teams let say such as Groclin vs Polonia W. then its harder to bring good numbers, that is my personal opinion. Look at the games at their own stadiums and if they dont bring alot of ppl to their games then its the same that will happen here.
Całe Życie na Melanżu
Image

User avatar
SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3657
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:03 pm

Benek wrote:I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
The Italian Federation did something like that a couple years ago. It was some small cup but Juventus and AC Milan played in Giants Stadium for the Italian Super Cup (I think it matched up the Serie A winner and either a domestic cup winner or the second place team). I was there. 8) Great game. Tied 1-1 in regular time. Went to pks and Juventus won with a save from their goalie. It was funny because my dad and I were criticizing Schvechenko the whole game. Was anybody else at that game in Giants Stadium. I think the Puchar Polski in chicago would be a good idea but I do not want the final out of Poland every year though.

User avatar
maciej
First Team
First Team
Posts: 4144
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:23 am
Location: dystopia

Post by maciej » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:31 am

SlaskWroclaw18 wrote: The Italian Federation did something like that a couple years ago. It was some small cup but Juventus and AC Milan played in Giants Stadium for the Italian Super Cup (I think it matched up the Serie A winner and either a domestic cup winner or the second place team). I was there.8)
Are you sure? i was at the game where ac milan played against manchester united and shevchenko scored in the 90th minute to send it into extra time. it ended up going into PK's. I remember the PKs got up to the keepers and tim howard missed or dida saved it.

Manchester United vs. Ac Milan
Giants Stadium,East Rutherford,NJ
07/31/04
Image
Image

User avatar
Benek
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13897
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:47 am

Post by Benek » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:54 am

maciej wrote:
SlaskWroclaw18 wrote: The Italian Federation did something like that a couple years ago. It was some small cup but Juventus and AC Milan played in Giants Stadium for the Italian Super Cup (I think it matched up the Serie A winner and either a domestic cup winner or the second place team). I was there.8)
Are you sure? i was at the game where ac milan played against manchester united and shevchenko scored in the 90th minute to send it into extra time. it ended up going into PK's. I remember the PKs got up to the keepers and tim howard missed or dida saved it.

Manchester United vs. Ac Milan
Giants Stadium,East Rutherford,NJ
07/31/04
Yes, the Italians did that. I think it was on the same night when Man U played in Phily...
Image

User avatar
Benek
First Team
First Team
Posts: 13897
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:47 am

Post by Benek » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:02 am

Kubek1oh1 wrote: Chicago is way to far from what I understand, this would had to be played after the OE season, which would extend already pretty long season for alot of teams. Players aint robots without giving them some rest,
The PP is after the OE season. OE season ends on may 10th, PP is on the 14th. How much rest do they need? you're telling me that if the OE season ended on the 10th (saturday) the players wouldn't be rested enough to play a week after that on that 17th (saturday)??? leave Poland monday, tuesday or wednesday or hell, even thursday.... Once the OE season ends, it's the off-season. Players get a vacation for a few weeks. What player wouldn't want to come to Chicago for a week...
Image

User avatar
Gornik4Life
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
Posts: 2046
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Post by Gornik4Life » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:14 am

maciej wrote:
SlaskWroclaw18 wrote: The Italian Federation did something like that a couple years ago. It was some small cup but Juventus and AC Milan played in Giants Stadium for the Italian Super Cup (I think it matched up the Serie A winner and either a domestic cup winner or the second place team). I was there.8)
Are you sure? i was at the game where ac milan played against manchester united and shevchenko scored in the 90th minute to send it into extra time. it ended up going into PK's. I remember the PKs got up to the keepers and tim howard missed or dida saved it.

Manchester United vs. Ac Milan
Giants Stadium,East Rutherford,NJ
07/31/04
Nah, Slask is right. Milan played Juventus in NYC in 2003. In 2002 they tried it in Libya and in 1993 it was in DC.

It's a great idea. It could kinda back fire, if two unpopular clubs make it to the final, you could see only 5-7K there and it would look silly as 2 teams travel all this way with little atmoshere and empty seats, but if a major clubs makes it, and the popularity and history of PP, no way they wouldnt pack Toyota Park or BMO Field for PP final.
One LIFE. One LOVE. One CLUB.
GORNIK ZABRZE

Image

User avatar
Pulaski
First Team
First Team
Posts: 5132
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 am
Location: Warszawa

Post by Pulaski » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 pm

Benek wrote:I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
I luv this idea, I really think u could get 20k in Chicago,esp. say like for a Wisla vs. Kielce final... and like 15k in Toronto or NY...

PS, Skorza really wants to win the PP as well as the OE title...subbing Brozek in a PP game? wow.

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Post by whiteboy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:55 pm

GeneralPulaski wrote:
Benek wrote:I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
I luv this idea, I really think u could get 20k in Chicago,esp. say like for a Wisla vs. Kielce final... and like 15k in Toronto or NY...

PS, Skorza really wants to win the PP as well as the OE title...subbing Brozek in a PP game? wow.
Rather it be Wisla Vs Lechia
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

User avatar
SlaskWroclaw18
First Team
First Team
Posts: 3657
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Post by SlaskWroclaw18 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:00 pm

whiteboy wrote:
GeneralPulaski wrote:
Benek wrote:I was thinking, why don't they have the final in like Chicago, NY or Toronto??

It's a 1 leg event and one of the teams hosts it anyways, so why not put it in neutral ground in like Chicago? I'm sure an even such as the Puchar Polski would draw at least 15k people in Chicago. Play it at Toyota Park. Play the game at 2pm or so, this way people back in Poland would be able to watch it as well.
I luv this idea, I really think u could get 20k in Chicago,esp. say like for a Wisla vs. Kielce final... and like 15k in Toronto or NY...

PS, Skorza really wants to win the PP as well as the OE title...subbing Brozek in a PP game? wow.
Rather it be Wisla Vs Lechia
That would be intense. 8) It would depend on the teams in the final but I think it is a fantastic idea. But it is crucial to have a bigger club like Wisla to be in it.

User avatar
whiteboy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 8104
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:12 pm
Location: Osaka,Japan

Post by whiteboy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Lechia Gdansk 0 - 1 Legia Warsaw
Polonia Warsaw 2 - 3 Zaglebie Lubin
Wisla Krakow 2 - 1 Arka Gdynia
ImageImageImage
Its okay I once supported wisla during their prime-LIME

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests